Price Check

Quadcarl

I seen some BHO for sale at a dispensary, well their price list on Facebook, and seen that it is $30 1/2 gram!!!

Quite pricey in my travels, so I'm curious what others think. It is in the U.P. so that probably has a lot to do with it. Same place wants $325 an oz for top shelf

How about bubble hash, I'm used to $10 a gram, I "heard" $40 a gram but it wasn't advertised!

I'm not fishing to do something nefarious, I'm just from Appleton WI area trying to wrap my head around these sky high prices. Different region equals different market equals different price.

Thanks for any input community, stay positive out there :)post-37646-0-99147200-1426197229_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I can get shatter/wax for $35 for the whole gram. I was taken back when I seen $30 for a HALF gram, sheesh.

$400 an ounce, harsh. But different region different market.

Glad as heck I have a compassionate caregiver, just came across some bubble but it was out of my price range. $30 gram NOT at a dispensery. I'm used to 10-15 but buying by the ounce of course so like 250-300 oz actually. Granted that stuff traveled from out west and made it's way to Wisconsin :)

Thanks for the input guys, enjoy the weather

keep this in  mind;

an ounce of bud will yield between 3-6 grams of pure oil(all of the active ingredients stripped from the vegetable material for a concrete ext)

at 6 grams. @225 per ounce that's 37.50 g/oil, without consideration for processing, etc.   I wouldnt make floor sweep hash for 10$ a gram!  you have a kind generous processor for sure!  stay cool, and keep em forever.

I recall paying 10$ gram(retail) for Lebanese black hash, it came wrapped in the red cellophane bricks, but only balled up grams for my cheap azz. that was around 1985.

keep this in  mind;

an ounce of bud will yield between 3-6 grams of pure oil(all of the active ingredients stripped from the vegetable material for a concrete ext)

at 6 grams. @225 per ounce that's 37.50 g/oil, without consideration for processing, etc.   I wouldnt make floor sweep hash for 10$ a gram!  you have a kind generous processor for sure!  stay cool, and keep em forever.

I recall paying 10$ gram(retail) for Lebanese black hash, it came wrapped in the red cellophane bricks, but only balled up grams for my cheap azz. that was around 1985.

I THINK IVE FIGURED OUT THAT OLD SCHOOL TASTE. THAT I CANT GET ANYWHERE AFTER HIGHSCHOOL 1986.

I THINK IVE FIGURED OUT THAT OLD SCHOOL TASTE. THAT I CANT GET ANYWHERE AFTER HIGHSCHOOL 1986.

please elaborate.... :hair:

I'm old school, loved the 80's too, and am a taste monger, thus, you've captured my attention with carefully placed buzz words.

(DNA) Afghan pack quickly locates the hashy taste of my yesteryear, for instance..

keep this in  mind;

Did some legwork (hehe) and found some quality bubble hash at 250 an ounce, and it's no floor sweep.

Yeah grass when using BUD and calculating your yield average your price is right. But the bubble hash I'm after is made with TRIM so that changes the price right off the bat. And last I checked ice and water are cheaper than butane. Also affecting price.

But that's hash not oil. All the same, I found what I needed today which is rare in my life so I'm super happy.

Stay positive community:)

I totally understand markup, I was just stunned at the 1/2 gram of oil for $30 Obviously someone is buying it so I can only scoff at the price so much:)

Yeah. The problem is the courts have ruled that the only protections are for transfers from a CG to his registered five patients. And the courts have pretty much ruled that there are no protections for oil at all. So anyone running a dispensary and selling oil to any patient is taking a huge gamble.

I seen some BHO for sale at a dispensary, well their price list on Facebook, and seen that it is $30 1/2 gram!!!

Quite pricey in my travels, so I'm curious what others think. It is in the U.P. so that probably has a lot to do with it. Same place wants $325 an oz for top shelf

How about bubble hash, I'm used to $10 a gram, I "heard" $40 a gram but it wasn't advertised!

I'm not fishing to do something nefarious, I'm just from Appleton WI area trying to wrap my head around these sky high prices. Different region equals different market equals different price.

Thanks for any input community, stay positive out there :)attachicon.gifimage.jpg

you can't judge prices that way. The price depends on the quality of the merchandise. You can't judge it by looks. You can't judge it by its name. The only real way to judge it is purchase it and try it. I am 100% confident you would be more than happy to pay $100/gram of the ND Sap that I am using now. I can't handle more than one drop every two days, unless I am not working, then it would be one drop per day.

It really depends on the quality of the original product, and extraction. when it comes to smoking, that is a little different. It is very wasteful. For me, eating it is the ultimate test that determines the quality, assuming it is decarbed.

As soon as they make it legal, I would be more than happy to show instead of only tell

keep this in  mind;

I average about 4g of oil per ounce of buds. Using the absolute cream of the crop.

Keep in mind that dispensaries are operating near the edge of the law, so you kinda hafta figure they will charge more to compensate for the risk. Glad you found some meds.

That explains the price points in black/grey markets, like ours. But 'legal' disp still fix to old prices... up to 25 a g for nugs, and 40+ on oil. Even if it goes corporate legal... why adjust prices down when they can hold the old margins? And they can/do. I'm talking not our particular area. Even if we get a dip bill... these prices will still be seen. Even if we give the market to massive commercial ops, these are the prices that will be seen. Soft to hard collusion happens.

I average about 4g of oil per ounce of buds. Using the absolute cream of the crop.

If we consider the price of good quality bud at $200 per oz., then does it not follow that the oil at $50 per gram is appropriate, even before we figure in the added value of extraction? Conversion ratios are simple enough to figure the value of keif too.

Edited by GregS

Did some legwork (hehe) and found some quality bubble hash at 250 an ounce, and it's no floor sweep.

Yeah grass when using BUD and calculating your yield average your price is right. But the bubble hash I'm after is made with TRIM so that changes the price right off the bat. And last I checked ice and water are cheaper than butane. Also affecting price.

But that's hash not oil. All the same, I found what I needed today which is rare in my life so I'm super happy.

Stay positive community:)

Awesome find !!!

sorry, wasn't degrading any choices, I call my trim="floor sweep" "bunny fodder" "scraps" etc. I understand there are wasted active ingredients within my scraps, and yet I choose to discard the bulk of it, sort of, as bunny food.

the closed loop system I've used worked well with the more expensive N butane to extract, then a second later it reclaims 100% of the solvent to be used repetitively for the ultimate savings experience.

Edited by grassmatch

like using a larger micron to sift, heating the solvent and or the bud can double my yield, but then we'd be dab'n more waxy trichome heads along with their contents. I suspect the disp market, driven by cash, is a popular venue for displaying the "heavier" oils, just saying.

like using a larger micron to sift, heating the solvent and or the bud can double my yield, but then we'd be dab'n more waxy trichome heads along with their contents. I suspect the disp market, driven by cash, is a popular venue for displaying the "heavier" oils, just saying.

That would add plant wax and sugar. Winterizing would take that back out. I leave it in for eating and subtract it for vaping. Double your yield though? That must have been some very leafy stuff there. I get about 1/4 removable wax and sugar with a warm extraction. 

you may be targeting a different set of ingredients than me, via solvent choice/polarity?

I don't winterize often, because the amount of wax in a cold extraction is minimal. warming my solvent and my bud easily doubles the yield. Since yields are not important to me I keep the process cold, the way I learned to do it while working at a compounding pharmacy, albeit, not with cannabis.

I don't eat oil, but I do know exactly what you speak of. Occasionally I puff some dry sift and the waxy trichomes are actually tasty. I just don't think they belong in

my concretes though.

I don't use "leafy stuff" to extract from. Leafy stuff has less active ingredients, and has  left me with much work for little return comparatively, so I feed the bunnies for the free organic fertilizer instead. They like waxy sugary leafy stuff lol

you may be targeting a different set of ingredients than me, via solvent choice/polarity?

I don't winterize often, because the amount of wax in a cold extraction is minimal. warming my solvent and my bud easily doubles the yield. Since yields are not important to me I keep the process cold, the way I learned to do it while working at a compounding pharmacy, albeit, not with cannabis.

I don't eat oil, but I do know exactly what you speak of. Occasionally I puff some dry sift and the waxy trichomes are actually tasty. I just don't think they belong in

my concretes though.

I don't use "leafy stuff" to extract from. Leafy stuff has less active ingredients, and has  left me with much work for little return comparatively, so I feed the bunnies for the free organic fertilizer instead. They like waxy sugary leafy stuff lol

Yields are not important to me either because I usually gift it. What's important to me is to capture everything medicinal. Then I decide how to 'finish' it depending on the 'use'.