Police Arrest Cancer Patient 16 Months After Raid

It was November 2013 when police in black masks stormed cancer patient Thomas Williams' rural St. Joseph County home, seizing cash, his car, his phone and his medical marijuana plants, saying he was over his limit of 12. They did not charge him with a crime.

Williams, 72, told the Free Press his story, part of a Feb. 23 front-page article on questionable police seizures. Less than three weeks later, those same police showed up on his doorstep, this time with an arrest warrant, based on the marijuana they seized 16 months ago, and threw him in jail.

His attorney, Daniel Grow, learned of the arrest over the weekend. Williams, a retired carpenter who is disabled, was arrested Thursday and spent the night in the Calhoun County Jail. He was released when his family posted bond.

"I'm still investigating what went on here," Grow said. "But I can say I will be defending this aggressively."

Read More Here

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/03/17/michigan-civil-asset-forfeiture-state-police-thomas-williams-medical-marijuana/24877677/