Getting Your Pets High Could Be Legal In Nevada Soon!

Quadcarl

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Pets might soon be able to use pot under a bill introduced Tuesday in the Nevada Legislature.

Democratic Sen. Tick Segerblom is sponsoring the measure that would allow animal owners to get marijuana for their pet if a veterinarian certifies the animal has an illness that might be alleviated by the drug.

Segerblom said he's concerned that some animals might have adverse reactions, but "you don't know until you try," he said.

Some veterinarians who have given cannabis to sick and dying pets say it has relieved their symptoms, although the substance hasn't been proven as a painkiller for animals.

Los Angeles veterinarian Doug Kramer told The Associated Press in 2013 that pot helped ease his Siberian husky's pain during her final weeks, after she had surgery to remove tumors. Kramer said cannabis helped his dog, Nikita, gain weight and live an extra six weeks before she was euthanized.

"I grew tired of euthanizing pets when I wasn't doing everything I could to make their lives better," Kramer told the AP. "I felt like I was letting them down."

The proposal is in its earliest stages and faces several legislative hurdles before it could become law. The pot-for-pets provision of SB372 is part of a larger bill that would overhaul the state's medical marijuana law, removing penalties for drivers who have marijuana in their blood and requiring training for pot-shop owners.

Segerblom said he added the provision after being approached by a constituent.

Sen. Mark Manendo, a fellow Democrat and animal rights advocate, said he hadn't heard of the practice of giving marijuana to animals and is concerned about its safety.

"That gives me pause," he said. "Alcohol is bad, chocolate is bad for dogs."

His own dog died in his arms at age 15, and the experience was difficult and emotional, he said.

But "I don't know if I would've given him marijuana," Manendo said.

I honestly never thought about MMJ for my dog. It's a little different than some high school or college kids getting a cat stoned because it's "funny"

Enjoy your day :)

my pooch comes to me every time she smells me smoking one, I dont get her buzzed (i have blown it in her face once or twice and she liked it)  If I leave any mmj out she will eat it lol, so not only do I have to worry about my lady's theiving kid I have to worry about my best friend getting a hold of my stash lmao!

I have friends that used to give their dogs a 1/4 of a vicoden in their old age, and Im pretty sure I will do what ever I have to do to make my dog comfortable in her late yrs, she is 9 now and I have to say I dont know What I will do w/o my best friend, she is a black lab papered she used to be in the breeding feild, but when I got into the picture I had her fixed.  She is the best dog I have ever had, she is my best friend, she lays at my feet, she will get on my lap lol (she weighs 110lb) my big lap dog lol!  I truly love her to death and would never do anything to hurt her!

Peace

My old German Shepherd Thunder benefited tremendously from hard candy and/or glycerin tincture his last several months. He had been on prescription pain/anti inflammatory meds daily for a few years, which were not effective enough as he aged. (not safe either) I tried a piece of candy, he liked it and relaxed a little. I adjusted the amount of candy and tincture for him until he relaxed and rested. It was nice to see that I could help him if just to take the edge off his pain levels. For the end of his days, he was much happier and in less pain on the MMJ along with his other meds.

I'd treat my next dogs again with MMJ if they can benefit from it. There's a lady I think in Washington or Oregon now making MMJ biscuits for dogs. I'd love to do that too as soon as the laws change!

:Pwill the state require K9 to obtain cards or will the dogma once again be aimed at those double dog recreational users ? 

How do I know the K9 unit searching my car is not a user looking for another biscuit ?

How many plants can I grow for my dog?

If the dog patient is kept in his kennel, where his outdoor garden is, will it still require a roof?

:D

You make me laugh Grass!

I never considered MMJ for my poochie, but he got around pretty good for an 11 year old rottweiler. He was running around playing with the kong and everything up until two days before he passed. He got ill on a Thursday night, wouldn't do much Friday, didn't even get up Saturday, and Saturday night we let him out to go potty and he laid down in the snow and passed away. I didn't think it would be that hard to deal with since we put our beloved two year old rottie down a year earlier, yeah right.

It's only been 2 1/2 months, my wife rescued a chocolate lab about a month ago, the house was too empty all day by myself.

I'm looking to rescue a rottweiler if anyone knows of one needing a forever home, I really love the breed they're soooooo not guard dogs at my house :)

Tank 3-11-03 1-31-15

post-37646-0-49081300-1426885803_thumb.jpg

Best dog I ever met, way to set the bar in the stratosphere buddy!!!!!

post-37646-0-16735300-1426886163_thumb.jpg

my old jack russel would be buried  if not for her bi daily doses. Somehow she can walk on all four legs, talk, and play like a puppy, unless a dose is skipped. she began several years ago. cancer, hips, extreme weight loss. Our biggest concern with her now is she doesn't seem to respect her condition enough to take it easy, especially on dose day. Flies right off the couch arms to the floor, even though we have steps everywhere for her to use, chases deer...we're afraid she'll break something one of these days. She takes a multivitamin, eats twice her normal from yrs ago, and smiles often now. We've said our goodbyes to her, now, we're amazed at every extra day she spends with us.

i know what you guys are saying..

RIP and a moment of silence for all of our fallen friends.

last July i buried Snickers my best friend... some of you may remember..

gallery_8052_599_11105.jpg

just this past week i finally decided to take the plunge and try again... i found a GSD near Akron Oh that needed to be rehomed immediately because her Human best friends cancer had returned and he was facing a difficult road ahead.

his daughter tho she tried to save Hanna was living in an apartment environment and she was not able to keep a dog.

i with my cousin and good friend Bob drove 800 miles round trip to help this animal find a new home.

not even knowing what she would be like.

now i feel i am so blessed to have found her.

because i am a disabled combat veteran i am allowed to and plan on training her as a service dog.

she is an amazing animal even tho she tests me to determine the "local dominance factors"

she still absolutely submits and knows her place in her new home.

thank you God

i sincerely hope she works out.

so far so good.

gallery_8052_1166_89182.jpg

Edited by mibrains
added snickers

Now I'm curious if CBD could help "seizure doggies" 'eh?

I just bought one of them cbd oils, they call it miracle oil and it comes with a lil vape/e-cig  I mainly bought it because Im wanting to make my own mm juice to use in it, I have not used this oil they sent me other than to taiste it and it dont have the chemical/antifreeze taiste to it, My lungs are getting bad, I need to quit smoking every thing, If I could I would just eat oil every day and not smoke at all!  Its hell getting old lol!

They are or already did pass a law so they cant sell what I just got, the miracle oil!

Peace

I just bought one of them cbd oils, they call it miracle oil and it comes with a lil vape/e-cig  I mainly bought it because Im wanting to make my own mm juice to use in it, I have not used this oil they sent me other than to taiste it and it dont have the chemical/antifreeze taiste to it, My lungs are getting bad, I need to quit smoking every thing, If I could I would just eat oil every day and not smoke at all!  Its hell getting old lol!

They are or already did pass a law so they cant sell what I just got, the miracle oil!

Peace

get off that tobbac and youll be amazed at how much smoking bud dosent mess w/lungs, had asthma, chronic bronc, whole life of smoking 30yrs. when I switched to e cig can go jog not that im going to but I could without feeling like im gonna die. its so totally different. now im sure this is killing me in some new way but not in my lungs! bong hit anyone?

my pooch comes to me every time she smells me smoking one, I dont get her buzzed (i have blown it in her face once or twice and she liked it)  If I leave any mmj out she will eat it lol, so not only do I have to worry about my lady's theiving kid I have to worry about my best friend getting a hold of my stash lmao!

I have friends that used to give their dogs a 1/4 of a vicoden in their old age, and Im pretty sure I will do what ever I have to do to make my dog comfortable in her late yrs, she is 9 now and I have to say I dont know What I will do w/o my best friend, she is a black lab papered she used to be in the breeding feild, but when I got into the picture I had her fixed.  She is the best dog I have ever had, she is my best friend, she lays at my feet, she will get on my lap lol (she weighs 110lb) my big lap dog lol!  I truly love her to death and would never do anything to hurt her!

Peace

That adds a whole new dimension to dog treats.

get off that tobbac and youll be amazed at how much smoking bud dosent mess w/lungs, had asthma, chronic bronc, whole life of smoking 30yrs. when I switched to e cig can go jog not that im going to but I could without feeling like im gonna die. its so totally different. now im sure this is killing me in some new way but not in my lungs! bong hit anyone?

I had heart attacks every year from 2004 to 2009. To that point I had been using tobacco off and on and used cannabis only occasionally before the law was changed. Now I use it daily.  I kicked the tobacco at that time. I have had no other significant heart trouble since. Coincidence?

Edited by GregS