Man Hospitalized After Unknowingly Eating Daughter's Pot Brownies With Video

INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJBK) -

A father was hospitalized after eating several marijuana-laced  brownies baked by his daughter.

The 58-year-old Independence Township man told first responders he thought he was having a stroke.

He thought maybe his daughter had drugged him.

The 17 year-old girl made the brownies with marijuana she says she got from a friend.

She told police she left them out on the kitchen counter -- not thinking anyone would eat them.

The man was released from the hospital and is expected to be okay.

The girl is a Clarkston High School student and will likely face criminal charges.

Undersheriff Mike McCabe of the Oakland County Sheriff's Office said that marijuana is more potent these days than years ago.

"Marijuana today is not your marijuana of the 1960s or 70s," he said. "The THC level is multiple times more potent. Depending how much marijuana was baked into those brownies, it could lead to someone being violently ill.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/28627179/man-hospitalized-after-unknowingly-eating-daughters-pot-brownies

"It could also lead to death."

he should of  kept his fingers outta someone else's stuff.. or at least ask.. Might have been a project.. :)

""Marijuana today is not your marijuana of the 1960s or 70s," he said. "The THC level is multiple times more potent. "  I find that comical, i don't get any higher than I did in the 60's or 70's... Good weed then, is good weed now.. Some was even better back then..... 

Edited by Willy

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2015/03/police_michigan_dad_eats_daughters_pot_brownies_thought_he_had_stroke.html

Update on the story.

A distraught Michigan father called 911 after he accidentally consumed several of his daughter's marijuana-laced brownies.

Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe tells ClickOnDetroit that the man thought he was having a stroke.

After a brief time in the hospital, the man was released. McCabe continues to tell ClickOnDetroit that the girl acquired the marijuana from a friend and then baked it in the brownies.

The Huffington Post reports that the daughter left the brownies out because she thought no one would touch them. Authorities did not release the names of the father or daughter.

The remaining brownies were brought to a lab for analysis, Time says. It has not yet been determined whether the teenager would be charged with possession of marijuana.

Medical marijuana is legal in Michigan. However, residents who don't own a medical marijuana card can be facing a misdemeanor. McCabe tells ClickOnDetroit that the girl may be charged.

"If it comes back as marijuana or something else, it's going to the prosecutor. She's 17 and an adult in the eyes of the law," McCabe says. "She's not going to get it light, no. This will be a lesson for her and everybody else."

The link is from Syracuse.com. Read the comments from the locals. You will see a very different crowd than those who posted on the article from Mlive.com. Some very anti-mj people in Syracuse it appears. A good study of the opponents to reasonable legislation.

could you please teach me a phukin lesson you goose stepping idiot, maybe if fat phuk dad kept to one brownie, a stroke, WTF! keep yer hands on your own chit, must be republican.probably works for one of the big money backers anyway. I HAVE A PREDICTION THAT WE WILL SEE THIS SORT OF FOOLISHNESS UNTIL THE VOTE. no facts matter, this is a war in the press, and how the public precives all this info is the only thing that matters. science,facts,common sense hasn't prevailed yet I don't think it ever will. we better have some razzmatazz for them as well.

Just back after a weekend visit to Anchorage and Portland to find this story.

Having read the comments on MLive and the Syracuse site it is so typical of the lingering effects of eighty years of misinformation and propaganda about cannabis.

While traveling I checked out the KTUU reporter's Cannabis Club in Anchorage. It has already been raided once but not closed. The location is a non-descipt older Cape Cod home on Gambell (a major N/S road) near downtown.

I was met at the locked steel mesh reinforced door by a young African-American. It cost $75 to join the 'club' ($60 with the MMMA patient card discount). The smell of MJ wafted through the access port was tempting but I passed and hooked up with an old friend and mmj caregiver who described the gyrations of the AK legislators in Juneau who are as flummoxed by the legalization vote as our MI pols. For now the mmj folks are just staying discreet and keeping their heads down. The consensus was the KTUU lady and her friends were going to find themselves guests of the State in the iron-bar motel.

What was most amusing about Anchorage was the downtown open area in front of the Performing Arts Center. There was a distinct haze and if one lingered too long a contact high would be expected. Quite a change as the APD officers seemed to avoid the folks who were somewhat discreet except for their 'smoke-signals.

On Sunday I overnighted on the return flight in Portland with my son. While he and his girlfriend are not consumers they did help me investigate the WA and OR MJ status after those states voted to legalize.

OR MJ policy is still not settled and will likely remain so for a while longer.

WA has now set up legal recreational outlets. It was late afternoon Sunday so there wasn't enough time to investigate but in chatting with a WA delivery service it appears mmj is still very popular in both WA and OR mainly due to lower prices and better quality on offer. The WA legal recreational store are asking $50/gram at present although the prices are weakening as the newness wears off.

In OR the State is still dithering. After an hour of fruitless looking we found a grow store next to a smoke shop in NW Portland that was still open. Expecting little I stopped in and met a nice young man who never raised an eyebrow when old, white-haired OITC asked where he could acquire some mmj. Like MI and AK, the state legislators in OR are paralyzed by indecision and the old, tired Prohibitionist rhetoric.

But unlike AK or WA, the OR grow store kid was refreshingly relaxed about MJ. The next thing I knew he had palmed me a crumpled sticky note wrapped around a small bulge. Grateful But uncertain I went to the smoke shop next door and bought a ten dollar pipe and lighter. The smoke shop and grow store seemed to be somehow connected. I poked my head back into the grow store on the way out and that nice young man motioned me back inside and palmed over a Baggie with at least an eighth saying proudly "this is what I grow".

What struck me was his candor and relaxed attitude. It was hard to get him to take a twenty. He seemed to take more pleasure out of sharing with this old guy from out-of-state than any monetary reward.

So there is my report from the weekend travels. From my limited experiences it would appear AK is a mess. WA is all about $. OR is conflicted but the kid at the store was great.

Next trip (in May?) I'm only going to Portland and will try the WA retail store but only to check the prices as there is a shop in Portland that.......

Edited by outsideinthecold

Check out Oregrown if you make it to, Bend, OR. The first couple shots are from him. The others are different production companies from CO and WA. Washington is making so much concentrate for food, and vaping, it's unbelievable, and the owners of these companies are putting in hard work to make an honest dollar.

When it's all said and done, they're going to be the ones who had the edge, on the rest of the country/world. It takes time to set up, and get product out, and they'll have 1-10 years on everyone else.

It's not possible to do it here, yet, but I don't think people understand the enormity of what's happening, in other states.

There are news sites reporting overdoses on oil, but not listing sources, I've said before and I'll say it again; I'm glad our cannabis isn't the same cannabis they had in the 30's, haven't you guys ever seen Reefer Madness? Their cannabis turned anyone into an insane killer.

post-33645-0-97798400-1427817973_thumb.jpg

post-33645-0-50234000-1427818012_thumb.jpg

post-33645-0-67255100-1427818038_thumb.jpg

post-33645-0-57060000-1427818053_thumb.jpg

post-33645-0-51123400-1427818077_thumb.jpg

post-33645-0-54050000-1427818096_thumb.jpg

post-33645-0-85829800-1427818111_thumb.jpg

post-33645-0-35888500-1427818212_thumb.jpg

post-33645-0-35216700-1427818228_thumb.jpg

post-33645-0-88546700-1427818245_thumb.jpg

Edited by slipstar059

Pot edibles that aren't locked up can be eaten by unsuspecting folks!

Lacking a proper "pot edibles safe" I just run a bike cable lock through my canna cookies, and attach the cable securely to my bike.

Lots of "gun lock cables" work, too if you want your cookies locked to your fire arm.

Edited by rockinsteady

Check out Oregrown if you make it to, Bend, OR. The first couple shots are from him. The others are different production companies from CO and WA. Washington is making so much concentrate for food, and vaping, it's unbelievable, and the owners of these companies are putting in hard work to make an honest dollar.

When it's all said and done, they're going to be the ones who had the edge, on the rest of the country/world. It takes time to set up, and get product out, and they'll have 1-10 years on everyone else.

It's not possible to do it here, yet, but I don't think people understand the enormity of what's happening, in other states.

There are news sites reporting overdoses on oil, but not listing sources, I've said before and I'll say it again; I'm glad our cannabis isn't the same cannabis they had in the 30's, haven't you guys ever seen Reefer Madness? Their cannabis turned anyone into an insane killer.

How true about the 1930s marijuana. We are sooo fortunate that it is no longer around and that we have the weak stuff to smoke now. Praise the Lord!...and pass the Kush.

Edited by amish4ganja