American Police Killed More People In March (111) Than The Entire Uk Police Have Killed Since 1900

so does it matter if the DEAD guy was in fear? or is it the fact that he was shot dead for not following directions.he dared to run away from a cop with a gun and a god complex, it has nothing to do with law or public safety, its like the mean kid with a puppy im gonna pet you even if I have to hurt you to keep you here. how long do we educate these people we give guns ,and the right to use them against citizens for? is it like a forklift lic. realestate lic took me two weeks, and id be willing to bet that class had more time on the law!take their f-ing guns and watch the attitude change.

Watching the dashcam, the dead man was under no apparent threat, other than the threat of arrest.  There wasn't anything but a professional conversation from the officer prior to the running

I see, there are two videos: 

1. when in front of his dash cam, the cop acted "professional" 

2. when the cop didn't know he was in the cell phone video, the cop became an executioner and tampered with the crime scene.

If Walter Scott was not in fear for his life, then Scott was mistaken. 

Even a stop for a brake light can lead to your death.

Cops are trained and paid to perform their hazardous duties, and can resort to using their weapon if they fear for their life, among other reasons. But, in a police encounter, a citizen who is in fear for their life, in this case being tazzed, should lie still, not twitch, not talk back, not fight back and certainly not run.

If you make a mistake around a cop, it's not the cop's problem, it's your problem. And if a cop makes a mistake, it is also your problem, especially if you end up dead or beaten.

Maybe running from the police had worked for Walter Scott before. His luck just ran out.

so does it matter if the DEAD guy was in fear? or is it the fact that he was shot dead for not following directions.he dared to run away from a cop with a gun and a god complex, it has nothing to do with law or public safety, its like the mean kid with a puppy im gonna pet you even if I have to hurt you to keep you here. how long do we educate these people we give guns ,and the right to use them against citizens for? is it like a forklift lic. realestate lic took me two weeks, and id be willing to bet that class had more time on the law!take their f-ing guns and watch the attitude change.

In response, North Charleston police just bought body cams for all officers on the street.

I think the dead man an astute observer who was able to quickly ascertain the very danger he knew he was in and fled as fast as he could.

He pinpointed this cop's propensity for violence as soon as he was talked to and did everything he could to escape his fate.

RIP, and good fortune to the camera man perhaps risking his life now.

Well this was the first story on CBS this morning. Sure the guy didn't die but c'mon, did the cops not think the chopper was videotaping?

Sometimes I think we see more of this because everyone and their brother has a camera in their pocket. Then times like these I realize they don't give a PHUCK!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=29ctbkEXX7o

P.S. This guy was white, so don't think you're immune to the beatings :(

I think the dead man an astute observer who was able to quickly ascertain the very danger he knew he was in and fled as fast as he could.

He pinpointed this cop's propensity for violence as soon as he was talked to and did everything he could to escape his fate.

Watch the dashcam video then let me know how you feel.

RIP, and good fortune to the camera man perhaps risking his life now.

We don't have to give Scott extraordinary powers of observation to make him decide to bolt from his car. Scott was "driving while black" and "driving with a criminal record" I suppose. Scott just thought that sitting there waiting to be arrested (if there was a warrant for his arrest) was as bad a situation as running. What's the worst that could happen if he runs? An additional charge for resisting arrest?

Scott wasn't as fast as the cop, and wasn't able to keep his distance from the cop who tazzed him. At that point, the cop was angry, tired of running or just trigger-happy. The cop should have continued chasing Scott rather than shooting.

Once the shooting starts, you are kinda' sunk. Cops don't always know if their shots are hitting their target and are trained to keep shooting until the suspect stops or drops. 

All of these videos are difficult to watch and they are infuriating.  The video is game changing however. 

At some point, instead of thinking he can do whatever he wants because he has the gun, police officers everywhere will need to consider the possibility that they are being recorded and better follow the book.   Enough prosecutions and video will begin to discourage the bully type from even wanting to be an officer.  Maybe someday...

Dash Cam Video: It appear he has 2 working brake lights, clearly seen in this video. Then his turn signal as he turns in to an Auto Parts store? It is daylight hours? so how could he tell if there was any other lights out?

Guy shouldn't have run, yet 5 bullets in the back is unjustified, excessive and lethal force. Apparently, at no time was the officer in any danger himself.

Dash Cam Video: It appear he has 2 working brake lights, clearly seen in this video. Then his turn signal as he turns in to an Auto Parts store? It is daylight hours? so how could he tell if there was any other lights out?

Guy shouldn't have run, yet 5 bullets in the back is unjustified, excessive and lethal force. Apparently, at no time was the officer in any danger himself.

Perhaps the red plastic on the tail light was broken, and the light bulbs were all still functional.

I'm sure more details will come out and be questioned.

I'm wondering if the cops' reports that they rendered first aid and CPR will turn out to be bunk. 

The red tail light lens had a hole in it.  The light was not out.  The officer seems to tap the spot when he walks up to the car originally.  The hole makes a red brake light appear to be a white back up light.  Certainly nothing to get shot over but the stop was justified. 

Of course, we all know, these types of police stops are generally fishing expeditions to see what else they might be able to find.

I see, there are two videos: 

1. when in front of his dash cam, the cop acted "professional" 

2. when the cop didn't know he was in the cell phone video, the cop became an executioner and tampered with the crime scene.

If Walter Scott was not in fear for his life, then Scott was mistaken. 

Even a stop for a brake light can lead to your death.

Cops are trained and paid to perform their hazardous duties, and can resort to using their weapon if they fear for their life, among other reasons. But, in a police encounter, a citizen who is in fear for their life, in this case being tazzed, should lie still, not twitch, not talk back, not fight back and certainly not run.

If you make a mistake around a cop, it's not the cop's problem, it's your problem. And if a cop makes a mistake, it is also your problem, especially if you end up dead or beaten.

Maybe running from the police had worked for Walter Scott before. His luck just ran out.

We dont have I dont like buttons, if we did on this comment I would have to push I dont like!

The victime prob shouldnt have run, but Im thinking if I was in his shoes and skin, I may of done the same thing, this person did not deserve to die, I am sure they (pigs) could have found him if he got away, cops should have to maintain a certain work out regiment so as they can chase after the suspect, and if they are to fat to catch the guy they cant just shoot the person in the back!

That is way worse than a sucker punch, and I know what happened to any one that sucker punched me growing up,,,,,,,,They learned to never do that again, it may of taken me a lil while to teach the person of their mistake, but eventualy I taught them their mistake and it wasnt with a sucker punch, when I got even they seen it coming!

I wonder how many cops out there should be in prison for killing people, pets and destroying homes and scaring kids for life!  we were raised to think cops were on our side, to protect us, they were the good guys, they were always the good guys, even in the old westerns, like John wayne, he was always the good guy,,,gun smoke the sherif was always a friend and neighbor  you could count on to protect and serve!

What are cops job now?  Intimidate and Kill?

If I was a black man in today's world I would not want any kind of involvement with the pigs, it is not a safe place to be, Im not sure if I would run or fight, I guess it would have to happen to me, the last time I had an issue with the pigs I swore I would not let them arrest me again!

folks be careful out there, none of us are safe from leo!

Peace

"Slager was named in a police complaint in 2013 after he allegedly "tased a man for no reason" before slamming him to the ground and dragging him, according to the North Charleston Police Department.

At the time, Slager was searching for a suspect who was described as being 5-feet-5-inches tall. The African-American man he confronted was 6-feet-3 inches tall.

A lawyer for the man who filed the complaint, Mario Givens, said his client plans to file a lawsuit.

"The citizens of North Charleston shouldn't have to live in the fear," the lawyer, Eduardo Curry, told reporters Thursday.

Givens said Slager came to his door, ordered him out of the house and then tased him.

"It was painful," he said. "I fell. I have a couple bruises."

Slager was later cleared in that incident"

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-michael-slager/index.html

Well this was the first story on CBS this morning. Sure the guy didn't die but c'mon, did the cops not think the chopper was videotaping?

Sometimes I think we see more of this because everyone and their brother has a camera in their pocket. Then times like these I realize they don't give a PHUCK!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=29ctbkEXX7o

P.S. This guy was white, so don't think you're immune to the beatings :(

That is too much to watch!  Thanks carl for the vid!

I truly am worried as an american citizen, the terrorist dont realy need vidoe's to win over the heart of our young people, the cop vids are enough to make them go over seas to join isis, and im totaly against isis, but if that is what our troops are doing to people in the countrys they live in,  man Im ashamed for U.S!

I dont blame our armed services, I blame obama and the adminastration that trains them, brain washes our troops and send them to do there will!

It has to stop!

Peace

like investing in a company aimed to send you to prison.

watching shows casts votes, very closely watched ones in the multi billion dollar industry of television programming/advertising.

We probably should be watching more of what we would like to see, instead of what we hate to see right? like PBS, planet earth?

maybe invest in companies that aim to support our goals? as opposed to private prisons, big pharma, etc for the big returns?

Our 401 is flourishing in private prison profits, while we cry about our sons and daughters being locked up for no good reasons. If we didn't support this type activity, it might not be happening?

Not even taking into consideration that young girls will now be flipping up their blouses because they want to imitate art(?) but the actual support of these shows by good people being entertained.

Its not an overwhelming amount of bad humans behaving badly, its the majority of good ones doing nothing to stop it.

rant

After I moved to my new house, a little over 10 years ago, all I could pick up was one or two stations with fuzz since it is in a rural area surrounded by trees. My cell phone service didn't even work here. I rarely watched TV since I was lucky to be able to pick up any channel well enough. I would be able to get the local news in the winter mostly. After they passed the HD law, mandatory for broadcasting TV, my HDTV would not pick up any stations because with HD, you either get it or you don't and I didn't. I basically have not had TV signal for about a decade. Yes, I could cut down trees and get a dish, but I am a nature lover. Now that it has been such a long time with no TV, there is no going back. I feel like I was foolish to even watch TV to begin with. Not to mention all of the annoying commercials. I don't miss it at all. Actually, I feel better without it. I only watch what I want, when I want, and how I want. My TV is only used for DVD, Blu Ray, and the occasional games, all 73 inches of it!! For news and weather I either pick it up on Family Life Radio or the computer. At first I was bummed that I did not have good service here, but now that they are more available with better antennas and such, you couldn't pay me to jack in.