Goodbye Caregivers?

medicinejeff

Legalization efforts to allow everyone 12 plants would make it pretty hard for a caregiver to continue unless:

A)  Plant limits DO NOT INCLUDE REGISTERED CAREGIVERS              or

B)  Disabled people who can not grow and RENTERS are allowed to assign thier 12 plant rights to another person

Ive NOT heard where the latest legalization ballot initatives include any language for this as  Irwin sponsored effort that includes lawyers, board members, etc. ("our sponsored bill") isn't out yet...but we'll be watching!

Ps. I'm not trying to spread fear, but rather concern for our fellow brother's and sister's caregiver rights. Can anyone associated with this effort shed light on what language is inclluded related to caregives...I mean how can you be a caregiver with just 12 plants anyway?

Edited by medicinejeff

Keep in mind that unless the MMMA is amended or repealed, the protections will still apply, so,even if we have a new law on the books saying everyone can grow 12 plants, that won't limit what the MMMA allows.

The unless amended or repealed part is the part I don't like. I don't trust them. Especially if Legalization is attached to repeal as a trade off..."Oh well everyone can smoke and grow now so lets just replace that antiquated law with this new shiney one"

Caregivers would lose the opportunity to enterprise legally, while patients could lose their supply.  I would suspect the patients without their supply

would be an appropriate voice of the concern, rather than the  caregivers losing their patients and plant counts.

Other than minors, anyone, anywhere, could possess or grow, or buy marijuana. Why would anyone want to inform the state when they do --if its not necessary. legal is legal.   free the weed!

I can't grow, I'm quadriplegic. MY wife will for me but I only have one large room in the basement to work with.

Not exactly the place to ask this but any tips on how my wife and I could get started? I have about $2,000 to work with at the moment. Preferrably hydroponic. My caregiver said his setup cost him around $18,000, not sure brand or style. But if I go hydro my caregiver will help with any "growing" issues. I just know sun and water are basically free so somewhere between free and reasonable to get started would be cool. Eventually I would like to get the setup he uses but I have to save.

PS I own my home, well mortgage but yeah.... :)

2 2x4 Secret Jardin Tents=300$

2 Big Foot ebb/flow systems=500$

1 2x4 T5 fixture/cool bulbs= 150$

1 600-1000 watt digi ballast/bulb= 250$

1 wing hood= 35$

timers, fans, pumps, stink sock= 300$

spend the rest on a wet dry vacuum, another hps bulb, a better stink sock, spare pump, dehumidifier.

If you lived closer I'd gift some of this to you, and have the remainder in the rafters right now.

For a cup of coffee and some lunch, I'd might set it up for you too.

mail order shops have it all, a UPS stop away.

get growing already, it will change your life QC, I promise

I can't grow, I'm quadriplegic. MY wife will for me but I only have one large room in the basement to work with.

Not exactly the place to ask this but any tips on how my wife and I could get started? I have about $2,000 to work with at the moment. Preferrably hydroponic. My caregiver said his setup cost him around $18,000, not sure brand or style. But if I go hydro my caregiver will help with any "growing" issues. I just know sun and water are basically free so somewhere between free and reasonable to get started would be cool. Eventually I would like to get the setup he uses but I have to save.

PS I own my home, well mortgage but yeah.... :)

Hey Carl.

I can get ya rolling for reasonable.  I know you are local for me too.

I know you only need a decent closet supply. That wouldn't be too hard. But I do not do hydro.

:-)

Hmmm, great info! The wife is out for the afternoon but I will discuss this with my caregiver next time we talk, in a couple days. He's ultra nice and is the one encouraging me a bit actually. And is also more than willing to help me set up along with most anything else I need.

Thanks T-Pain and grassmatch :)

Hey Carl.

I can get ya rolling for reasonable.  I know you are local for me too.

I know you only need a decent closet supply. That wouldn't be too hard. But I do not do hydro.

:-)

I'm not afraid of dirt but I figure it would be easier to do hydro overall, but mainly because my caregiver does it so less learning curve perhaps.

There are plenty of patients who can NOT physically grow and need someone to do it for them.

There are also TONS of peeps that rent apartments or otherwise live in areas where cultivation of medical marijuana is not allowed by landlords

There are professions and people with kids who do not want the kids to know and are not blessed with 3 barns to hide from the wife and kids in either..

.... I want THOSE people to still be able to assign thier grower rights of 12 plants to another. Not fair if that is taken away

Edited by medicinejeff

Caregivers would lose the opportunity to enterprise legally, while patients could lose their supply.  I would suspect the patients without their supply

would be an appropriate voice of the concern, rather than the  caregivers losing their patients and plant counts.

Other than minors, anyone, anywhere, could possess or grow, or buy marijuana. Why would anyone want to inform the state when they do --if its not necessary. legal is legal.   free the weed!

Caregivers who have disabled patients as well as all the people you know that can't grow where they live are not going to like hearing someone like you saying "everyone can" because again, NOT EVERYONE CAN. Why should patients who are private...again, there are professions and people with kids, teachers etc why should they have to give up thier caregiver ? There are lots of people you're not considering it soulds like

Edited by medicinejeff

While its very compassionate for you to take the voice of the ones who cannot grow so that you can continue to sell to them, but you began with "preserving caregiver rights". This notion does not encompass the needs of patients at all. 

If there was a chance for legalization, a chance for citizens to end the war against them, a chance for people to end marijuana prohibition, even at the expense of those who cannot make it to the pharmacy to buy another joint....I'll take the legalization.

and yes, when legalized perhaps EVERYONE can go to the store and buy marijuana, they do even this moment. I would have guessed they do it now when they cant find a caregiver expressing his rights.

peace

Edited by grassmatch

While I understand your post, and even agree, this is not the premise of the ops first post, beginning the thread.

Here is a refresher;

"Legalization efforts to allow everyone 12 plants would make it pretty hard for a caregiver to continue unless"

I see no mention of patient rights here.

"Ps. I'm not trying to spread fear, but rather concern for our fellow brother's and sister's caregiver rights. Can anyone associated with this effort shed light on what language is inclluded related to caregives...I mean how can you be a caregiver with just 12 plants anyway?"

In lieu of the thread title,  with no mention of patients, or their right to grow, or possess, or their losses with a legalization effort, I propose this thread is all about caregiver rights as intended by the op.

edit for-- I do have concerns for the caregivers who profit and count on the revenue to pay bills and buy stuff. We were warned early on though that this program is not a money maker. I feel bad for those who put all their eggs in one basket within the program for the purpose of making money.

"There's always barber school"

peace

Edited by grassmatch

I do also think it is misguided to refer to caregiver rights, as explained in my post above. "Caregiver rights,"

Ding Ding, Ding :judge:

I think you know that is the exact point I was fixin to make.  thing is, I wasn't compelled to post it like an admin is all. :hair:

If my patient left me to buy at a dispensary what reasons do I have to complain about my rights to grow and sell to them? If legalized and another patient leaves me for the drug store variety offered at the corner Rx, would I rally for caregiver rights?  NO

It's fair to believe I'd be stoned (pun) if I yelled about my right to grow and sell mj at a Lansing gathering of sick patients ? Losing patients to a dispensary has been explored here in the past, and the posts are related. Patients without a caregiver are buying their supply this moment, all over the state. We have a hard time finding a poster here without a dispensary within 15 minutes. In fact posters often said their were more dispensaries than burger places near their homes. And that's during the time that it is illegal!  Imagine the shine when its legalized ? I bet the scene will change, clean buildings, top grades, no side arm wearing thugs off of a dark alley driveway, no hidden signs. Patients will flock to these professional places. I will begin visiting them too.

We don't like them now for obvious reasons, but just wait until legal......what a game changer. Look at cali, Colorado,etc. Those dispensaries are super representations of what we can do here maybe.

Not saying I want change, but I am saying I want legalization for all people to use/grow marijuana, as they have for thousand of years, without fear of prison. 

Legalization efforts to allow everyone 12 plants would make it pretty hard for a caregiver to continue unless:

A)  Plant limits DO NOT INCLUDE REGISTERED CAREGIVERS              or

B)  Disabled people who can not grow and RENTERS are allowed to assign thier 12 plant rights to another person

Ive NOT heard where the latest legalization ballot initatives include any language for this as  Irwin sponsored effort that includes lawyers, board members, etc. ("our sponsored bill") isn't out yet...but we'll be watching!

Ps. I'm not trying to spread fear, but rather concern for our fellow brother's and sister's caregiver rights. Can anyone associated with this effort shed light on what language is inclluded related to caregives...I mean how can you be a caregiver with just 12 plants anyway?

Your not spreading fear!  but I am a lil unfomfortable with your aviatar!  but hey who am I to judge avitars bawahahahaha!

Fear :butt2:

Peace