Goodbye Caregivers?

medicinejeff

Whose rights are the most important in the MMMAct?

Patients?

Caregivers?

Neither!

Physicians rights.  Noone is more important to the program.

:-)

So my list goes...

Physician

Patient

Caregiver

But for a lot of  patients a caregiver is more important themselves because they have no medicine without a caregiver thus making the program useless to them otherwise.

I will fight for all threes right to the end. :-)

Grassmatch I believe in helping people who are sick, afford effective medicine that does not break the Piggy Bank. I am now disabled myself and have just 6 mature plants at a time I can work with. Probably not what you had me pegged for. Calling myself a caregiver is what the State calls it.  I believe most here would just laugh at what I do with so little.

My right to grow for a few that can not afford Retail or are of a profession that warrents them NOT frequenting retail is one in the same as thier right to chose me to do it. I assumed that was a given and understood to be one in the same. Excuse me for phrasing my concern from my perspective and confusing the issue to the point you found it necessary to scoff and fire off snarky this and thats about food banks for "the rest of us who still want to help people when we don't grow anymore or WTF ever you said.

I drove a Easter dinner plate to an elderly and disabled woman tonight who has no family left. When I realized she had had no food all day and was seated next to the door waiting for me it really made me sad on the way home. I don't need your crapping on my intentions. Go plan your next big move or whatever you aspire to do. Or at the very least, calm down a bit and remember everyone isn't what they may seem or mean just what you percieve they mean.

Edited by medicinejeff

Z~ I believe we agree on both points! I used my Perspective to verbalize the point, but Yes Patient rights and Caregiver Rights speak to the same issue and or are interchangible symantics, maybe. But yes Caregiver "rights" spring forth from a patient's right to possess or choose some one to do so for them.

Anyway thanks. I feel you had my back on this one or at least understood I meant one in the same. I'm a nobody on here and in the grand scheme of things, although I hold A B.S. in Horticulture from MSU, I'm just a middle-aged micro grower who was thinking out loud and stepped in or had some bullpucky hurled my way!

Rest assured that most patients with caregivers do not trust any sort of retail outlet to provide cannabis for them; especially if they have had interaction with the retail presence under this law. Most understand that they will go radically under-medicated at $10-20 per gram.

I do also think it is misguided to refer to caregiver rights, as explained in my post above. "Caregiver rights," if they exist at all, spring directly from the patient's right to grow.

Edited by medicinejeff

In general, I hate change.

Question on full legalization:  Why would there be plant limits, if it was fully legalized ?  If we really wanted to get rid of most of the imported marijuana, the best way would be to devalue the product,  If every American citizen could grow an unlimited number of plants, store an unlimited amount of meds, and make/store an unlimited amount of hash/oil/wax/cookies/candies, then the product price, I think would go down ??

This would help the Patients, because the price would be down, and supplies would be unlimited.

Caregivers would be hurting to pay the electric bills ?  Maybe not.  Outdoor & greenhouse, free sun, might become more popular.

I know, the Govt. will never say there are no rules on MMJ.  That would end their control, and revenues from taxes and card fees.

However, if We The People, wanted it to be regulated, like produce at roadside shacks selling veggies, we should be able to do that ??  Would take time, a long time, but if this still America, then over time..........

All the above is blind prognosticating and stale-dated hot air...look at Michigan's REAL situation...due to potholes, the situation is rolling to weed cash...and  FAST for legalization, regulation and taxing of pot.  For reasons of cash.  TV last night reported another NFWay poll on prop one, the road sales tax, which is now opposed by only 70% of voters!  Remember the earlier poll in february?  70% would support taxing and regulating mj like alcohol, to fix roads, with only 15% (two months ago) supporting a sales tax increase.

Our voters today:  70% against sales tax increase; 70% for pot cash.  

When prop one fails, the march is on to RAISE THE BILLION OFF MJ.  

The latest sales tax poll shocked me... I've already marked yes and sent in my absentee ballot, apparently spending my vote for nothing.

This IS how we roll to legal, taxed and regulated pot.

The revenuers are coming. 

Edited by pic book

While I understand your post, and even agree, this is not the premise of the ops first post, beginning the thread.

Here is a refresher;

"Legalization efforts to allow everyone 12 plants would make it pretty hard for a caregiver to continue unless"

I see no mention of patient rights here.

"Ps. I'm not trying to spread fear, but rather concern for our fellow brother's and sister's caregiver rights. Can anyone associated with this effort shed light on what language is inclluded related to caregives...I mean how can you be a caregiver with just 12 plants anyway?"

In lieu of the thread title, with no mention of patients, or their right to grow, or possess, or their losses with a legalization effort, I propose this thread is all about caregiver rights as intended by the op.

edit for-- I do have concerns for the caregivers who profit and count on the revenue to pay bills and buy stuff. We were warned early on though that this program is not a money maker. I feel bad for those who put all their eggs in one basket within the program for the purpose of making money.

"There's always barber school"

peace

Irwins plan leaves medical untouched.

Question on full legalization:  Why would there be plant limits, if it was fully legalized ?

i agree with all of your points.

probably the limit has to do with federal commerce clause. if you are growing unlimited pot, theres no reason you would need that... etc.

so maybe there has to be compromise?

maybe a limit but breaking the limit is just a $10 fine. and if you want to grow more than whatever personal amount its a $1000 producer farmer license?

hows that sound?

He gave a speech about it at hash bash, and mlive is reporting that he's unveiling it this month. I get the way the senate is I don't think we should rest on Election Day, but maybe he has some worthwhile things to say. Theres also talk of another group getting ready to throw their hat in the ring in 2016.

Irwin is just another legislator not listening to the 70% of electorate who say yah to pot for potholes and who can't hear the 70% who say NO NEW SALES TAX.  It is no longer about green medicine, it is about green revenues. How to get the cash to replace the funds that were to be raised by the failed prop one...

Edited by pic book

• 2 months later...

This is the real reason for the background check recently added to caregivers? To get rid of us! gentlemen lol

background checks are not something new, only the fee for the background check is new. many caregivers were disqualified when the changes to the law were made in 2012 to exclude anyone with a drug felony from being a caregiver.

• 5 weeks later...

There Would Be No Caregivers Unless it was For the Patients.
this is a patient movement...not a CG's Movement! thats whay its called the MMMP not the MMMCG!
all i have seen is greed since they closed down FM in jackson... i have not seen meds from my CG in almost 8 months!
he royally screwed up his grows with poisons bugs and fungus after they were taught to do things properly  they tried to do things on the cheap to maximize profits from selling into the black market and i have Pictures of it all!!
i all my suggestions were ignored or derided as i was villinized by CG to the other patients under that roof!
IF MEDS ARE NOT ORGANIC THEY CEASE TO BE MEDS! why do so many CG's Ignore the fact?
you cant put poisons all over the plants and in the nutrients to get rid of pests and then call it Medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CANNOT!

IF YOU CANNOT GROW MEDICAL GRADE CANNABIS YOU SHOULD NOT CALL YOURSELF A CAREGIVER!
i got pics of Leaded brass Plumbing in the Nutrient Bin/Delivery system
i got pics of Bug Sprays that are not OMRI safe
|i Got Pics of Fungicides that are only supposed to be used on ornamentals (PHYSAN)
and all of that was going into the grows! the buds were filled with webbing and spores giving me and everyone else under that CG a really bad cough which turned into bronchitis and walking pneumonia  for a few of us!
This Cg's Meds made us all sick but it was nearly free in exchange for our silence..........
 i saw meds leave their grow that were not bound for his/the patients but for others............... their associates were caught up in that mess in Muskegon too-how that didnt roll back on us all is, he Bought a defendants silence by paying for their lawyer fees! and other financial obligations!
i saw plant numbers way beyond 72 sometimes!
He started using Known Felons who are not MMMP patients in and around the Grow Rooms and continues to do so!
The Last Grow i was involved in he used the proceeds to pay for His Daughters 14K outstanding wedding bill!
why should patients be put thry this kind of BS?????????????????????
it goes on and on and on!
people ask "why did you stick around???????????????????????????"
[A]: Convenience
i found a CG that Lived Close By and i was invited  into all aspects of the grow-i even showed him how to grow properly-first yields i had control over were immense (1lb per plant dry yield some varieties indoor no less!) until Greed stepped in the lies and Games Started!
Lesson Learned!
Now it seems all The CG's will Become Nothing but Farmers like growing Tomatoes...as it should be and i guess that is their Karma for being Greedy and not really doing it for the COMPASSION but to make a living!
THE LAW WAS NOT CREATED TO MAKE AN INDUSTRY!
THE LAW WAS NOT CREATED TO MAKE PEOPLE RICH!
The Law Was Created So Sick ANd Hurting People Could Get And Grow Medical Grade Cannabis without fear or Harm to them or others!-
UNTIL I SEE SERIOUS CHANGE-UNCOMPASSIONATE CG's CAN FUKOFF! if it wasnt for all of us patients /us you all(CG's) would have nothing! just another illegal grow operation....................................
i wish no one to go to Jail over any of this BS but darn Some Need to Learn a Leson...............since i dont play that way i will leave Karma and Universal Justice to do the Banacing of the scales-end of rant

Thanks for posting

The Law Was Created So Sick and Hurting People Could Get And Grow Medical Grade Cannabis without fear or Harm to them or others ? true i wish the Courts and Leo felt like you and i do 

I do agree theirs more to being a caregiver then just growing weed if i where you i would thank myself that you didn't get caught up it all the BS he was doing and end up on Court 

I've also helped people to grow great cannabis some people just want to do it their way and then i just leave 

i also feel the Law wasn't made to make people rich 

but not we have another chance at it to make cannabis legal again for everyone

MILEGALZE 

this is a patient movement...not a CG's Movement! thats whay its called the MMMP not the MMMCG!

all i have seen is greed

people ask "why did you stick around???????????????????????????"

[A]: Convenience

The Law Was Created So Sick ANd Hurting People Could Get And Grow Medical Grade Cannabis without fear or Harm to them or others!-

i wish no one to go to Jail over any of this BS

Well, It always interests me when I hear these stories.  It is common.  What I will say  on the Cg regard there,... 'convenience' wasn't the reason for you,... it seems more like selfishness and 'greed'.  Taking and keeping pictures is rather tweaky too. But wtvr.

In that regard, I put that on simple ignorance and believing the propaganda intended for the General populace.  If you actually knew the people who funded the initiative process of medical cannabis across the country and what their  intentions were and how they created their language and their long terms plans, then you would definitely not have shouted all cap what you said. 

Now, I totally believe that is why most people voted for the law. Absolutely. That is one of the main reasons I voted for the law. And it is one of the main reasons I fight to make that ideal as truthful as can be.  But saying it was created for certain reasons as you listed is not really true....,unfortunately.  Partly true, yes. But nevertheless.

i wish no one to go to Jail over any of this BS

Hear hear.   Now go delete those pictures.

:watching:

"MMMP" means "Michigan Medical Marijuana Program," which protects both patients and caregivers. 

Without caregivers, many patients would not realize the benefits of the program.

The law provides protections for caregivers and also for caregivers to derive some income from this activity.  The law is for the benefit of patients and caregivers too.

Sorry you had a bad experience with a caregiver, but there is no good reason to go 8 months without meds from your caregiver.  There are plenty of qualified and compassionate caregivers on this board who are looking for new patients and won't string you along.  You have to take some responsibility to make the program work for you.