Trade Current Cg/patient Act For Full On Legal/decrim ?

when its legal, no one will be arrested for marijuana.

I disagree, dont trust the goverment, i posted it before,  its a bait and switch.. full legalization is sitting on the side of the road with a sign "FREE WEED", you wont see it.. .. it will be full legalization as the government sees it.. you will be required to get meds from them..  pay them and thank them.... 

Edited by Willy

The devil is in the " Full on" details.

We have legalized MJ here already. Folk still get arrested. Legalization IS NOT the solution and 7000 anti patient posts will not change that.

We need it to be completely decriminalized for the arrests to end.

FREE the WEED......DECRIMINALIZE or leave the Law WE the People voted for alone.

i'm up for anything that protects more people.

you can see jones chipping away at our act every year. he tried to get rid of glaucoma, his bill to ban in rentals may pass. next will be the 5ng limit, pretty soon as a patient you wont be able to drive, rent, work.... how is that legal? hmmmm

read schuettes plan for the MMMA. its pretty scary.

Edited by t-pain

i'm up for anything that protects more people.you can see jones chipping away at our act every year. he tried to get rid of glaucoma, his bill to ban in rentals may pass. next will be the 5ng limit, pretty soon as a patient you wont be able to drive, rent, work.... how is that legal? hmmmm

Sounds like jones and his ilk are the problem. Not the law.

I was reading your thread on transport arrests. Had those arrested followed the law they would not be arrested.

We don't need to change the law we need to figure out how to fix stupid.

Edited by beourbud

Not pickin on ya T but this is analogous to the folk that believe " The. Grass is greener on the other side"

Truth is it ain't. We need to learn how to make our own grass green and maintain it,

Our Law works and it is OUR GRASS. Learn to grow it green and healthy and Not just dream of how the government grown grass will be better. It never is.

Edited by beourbud

Trading one person's rights for another isn't a very good solution. 'Legalization' that is happening now still has it illegal for many to participate. It's even a pragmatic consideration for the stakeholders... okay, we get to but they don't... and u can still arrest them, take their property, & feed the criminal justice system (you, the cops & l&o types, still get to keep ur jobs). In this sense, legalization models being presented today are corrupt from their inception.

If we really want to decrim the whole thing... now that's a better solution. Imo.

legal being what 6 plants each thats not my idea of legal.  will be same tactics he said she said they have 7 plants kick door in oh only 6 legal plants oops pig brakes a branch now he has 7 arrest take tvs and anything else of value. same old same old.   We need a ballot int that simply states legislators cant make any changes to said or any ballot int.

The simple answer is no.

Why would we want to open our wallets and let the government dig in for more than the cost of an application? Legalization without taxation and no growing restrictions would be the only reasonable option. Where are the cost/benefit analyses that might point up the costs of regulating cannabis businesses exactly as they do any other, and no more, and any real cost to the community for, ahem. treatment for marijuana addiction and/or any medical conditions that might arise from use, which we know full well are less costly than arming a military to wage war against usl. Even if it were taxed, why would we patients agree to pay taxes on legitimate medicine any more than we pay now for any other at a pharmacy, which dispenses untaxed meds? Colorado is churning out results that we will be able to work with. Its program, health, and enforcement costs will be important.

It's an effin garden herb with medicinal characteristics and that causes mild intoxication. Like catnip to cats, it is harmless.

edit=fixed title

Edited ...yes

Fixed.....No. Equating legalization with Decriminalization is false and misleading.

Furthermore, Knowing words have meaning your title was crafted to create a false choice.

You know or should know by now legalization will not stop the arrests but may in fact increase them.

I have watched you shape shift and flip flop on so many issues it is hard to tell which side of your mouth you speak.

Changing you position when popular opinion is in opposition is very telling to be sure.

Reminds me of our relationship with Isreal. They donate for both political parties so they can Claim they supportted the winner. They wil say Iran should have no nukes but covertly develop their own and deny their existence at the same time.

Who can trust someone like that?

Edited by beourbud

Cheers !

you've mistaken me for Tpain. He said

"

I titled the conversational thread as is. thank you for your comment, sorry for your misunderstanding.

Again, reading comprehension is not your strong point, but I forgive you brother, even for the unkind words.

Edited by grassmatch

Cheers !you've mistaken me for Tpain. He said"I titled the conversational thread as is. thank you for your comment, sorry for your misunderstanding.Again, reading comprehension is not your strong point, but I forgive you brother, even for the unkind words.

T posted...you liked

Oh you love the conflict, it's in you genes, as well as that condescending attitude.

Peace to you and your family

Edited by beourbud

I was reading your thread on transport arrests. Had those arrested followed the law they would not be arrested.

which law? the law that says marijuana is currently illegal in michigan ? oh you mean continue to ignore MCL 333.7401 and instead follow the MCL 750.474 law that says to transport marijuana in a trunk?

i'd like you to list which laws to follow and which ones to ignore, beourbud. :)

I thought marijuana remains illegal in the state of MI, with some protections offered for medical necessity?

Interesting the two most widely used and abused drugs in the country are tobacco and alcohol, yet they are not scheduled.

If cannabis was removed from scheduling would we need the Marijuana Act still I wondered.

It is a common misconception that people have grassmatch. It isn't just about getting and using marijuana contrary to yours and many others beliefs.

A medical program will always be needed in Michigan for marijuana.  Simple as that to me.

It may be amended or updated, but will always be needed.

can you explain the reasons why?

for instance Some people swear by the use of st johns wort,/ginseng etc... grow it, sell it, use it with no medical program overseeing it?

There are still sponsored studies looking into the uses of the ancient herbs, and nobody goes to jail for it. What am I missing?

It is a common misconception that people have grassmatch. It isn't just about getting and using marijuana contrary to yours and many others beliefs.

A medical program will always be needed in Michigan for marijuana.  Simple as that to me.

It may be amended or updated, but will always be needed.

I couldnt agree more................ Simple fact of the matter there are those of us that use this for medicine and that will always be needed no matter what they do with other laws regarding marijuana..............

I couldnt agree more................ Simple fact of the matter there are those of us that use this for medicine and that will always be needed no matter what they do with other laws regarding marijuana..............

In a climate where you can still use this "as medicine", freely as you smoke cigarettes, grow basil.....what would the rules, laws, and registration in the Act do for you specifically?

There are still going to be people who wont be able to grow it themselves so the caregiver system should be left alone and the MMMA of 08 left intact just because its not illegal to use doesn't mean law enforcement wont harass you .

...so lets keep it regulated and illegal, since even if was legal, we'd still be harassed? sounds strange. for decades people fought to legalize, now we have medicalized, and we don't want legalized anymore?

I suggested that years ago online...that one day we'd be so spread apart some patients and growers would want to keep it regulated and criminalized. It was funny then....

I respect your opinion, I just wish I understood better, the reason for the thread actually.