Trade Current Cg/patient Act For Full On Legal/decrim ?

The majority of caregivers are taking care of a spouse, parent, child, close family or a close family friend.  The rest are a minority.  We will always need caregivers. We will always need a program focusing on medical for patients.  Legalization is helpful, but it doesn't really change what is needed and happening with patients.

I would not make the trade.  Look what is happening in CO or is it WA?, where the recreational retailers are crying that they can't compete with medical due to the different tax rates and trying to get taxes raised on MMJ.  Full-blown legalization or decriminalization or whatever will create a profitable recreational industry.  Profitable industry means more lobbying for business interests as opposed to medical interests and will likely mean, at best, a slow shift towards power in the hands of commercial interests. 

In my view, we need to keep medical separate from recreational.  It would be a shame to lose the medical momentum in favor of recreational.  Some day it would be awesome if insurance companies would pay for MMJ while qualified medical users can still grow their own meds or have a CG grow for them and enjoy the benefits of tax free MJ. 

Sick people and their families were used to pass medical marijuana. Some people thought sick and disabled people were their stepping stone to legalization for adult use.  WE ARE NOT YOUR STEPPING STONE.

This law was passed to take patients off of the battlefield of the war on drugs and it is currently working wonderfully for around 99% of patients on that front.  Legalization is a completely different fight and leave us out of it. No more riding on sick peoples backs or using them for someone elses personal gain. Just leave them(and me) be and go on doing whatever else ya want to.

Medical cannabis is sick and disabled people. We do not want to fight anymore. We are sick and disabled.  All many of us have the energy to fight for is to protect ourselves.  Medical is 10% of the users in Michigan.  I think the other 90% can go for legal and let us advance our program and they can just leave us the F alone. If adult use is legalized, I suspect we will be able to update the medical law for research and further education and expand use into hospitals, nursing homes and other care facilities with more ease. Recreational not so much.

Saying one or the other is ridiculous and seems to always come from the Adult use enthusiast and not a 'real' sick and disabled medical cannabis patient.

:-)

In a climate where you can still use this "as medicine", freely as you smoke cigarettes, grow basil.....what would the rules, laws, and registration in the Act do for you specifically?

Ohhh in that climate then and it would not be an issue if I could not grow my own and could assign someone else to grow for me without any penalty. Registration would not be needed or serve much of a purpose. But do I believe completely legal and unregulated in any way shape or form will ever be realistic? I do not believe we will ever see that so medical law would still be needed.

Edited to add that children would always need that exception if you are talking about legalization for adult use so I guess my answer would have to say that even in that senerio a medical law would still be needed.

Would I trade medical off for any other situation then said above? Nope...............

Edited by ozzrokk

...so lets keep it regulated and illegal, since even if was legal, we'd still be harassed? sounds strange. for decades people fought to legalize, now we have medicalized, and we don't want legalized anymore?

I suggested that years ago online...that one day we'd be so spread apart some patients and growers would want to keep it regulated and criminalized. It was funny then....

I respect your opinion, I just wish I understood better, the reason for the thread actually.

What makes you think it wont be regulated if legalization passes ?

I have to agree here..I too believe that there will always need to be a medical side. I like providing the ease of mind to my patients where they don't have to worry about the quality of their meds is a definite plus..I feel like these guys depend on me, and I know for a fact one of them would be utterly lost without my assistance..I like to think that I provide much more than a "here man, eat/smoke this and it'll do ya" service by carefully listening to what my patients concerns are and engaging them in an entirely professional but still down to earth manner. 

I for one, will continue to provide free service to my already existing patients in the event of this form of legalization.

to be clear, i'm not into trading one for the other.

but like in the other thread both sides can agree on common goals:

1. unschedule marijuana fully. no more controlled substance

2. no one goes to jail for a plant

3. anyone can grow

agreeing on storefronts maybe difficult, so lets skip it for now.

4. no limits, as limits are just a means to arrest.

there, see we can all agree on those four things. the rest lets leave up to the free market.

to be clear, i'm not into trading one for the other.

but like in the other thread both sides can agree on common goals:

1. unschedule marijuana fully. no more controlled substance

2. no one goes to jail for a plant

3. anyone can grow

agreeing on storefronts maybe difficult, so lets skip it for now.

4. no limits, as limits are just a means to arrest.

there, see we can all agree on those four things. the rest lets leave up to the free market.

I would want to add to your list that anyone(grower) can set up a roadside stand to sell medicinal herbs or go to a farmers' market (and by farmer's market, I don't mean a place dedicated to cannabis...although that's cool too.)  I'd like to see growers selling medicinal herbs at the many farmers' markets across the state (It is helpful that the recent huge increase in farmers' markets across the state might facilitate our movement) - places normally used to sell produce. That's my point - that MJ should be able to be grown by anybody at any quantity, indoors or out, greenhouse or not, locked facility or not, and be sold as produce.  In the late summer, you can't drive five miles on suburban or country roads before you see roadside stands with giant yellow and zucchini squashes sitting out on a table with a "free" sign.  (usually pithy and filled with seeds, but good produce all the same). 

Or you might be asked to pay (on the honor system), 25 cents per squash - dropped into a coffee can.  And you can look in that coffee can and see a bunch of money...but I don't think many people scam away with squashes - let alone open the coffee can and steal the few bucks inside because if that was the case these hobby farmers wouldn't do it anymore - that, and I've bought from many such "honor system" roadside stands before and many times have seen at least $50 in the can.  So it kinda seems that the honor system works.

If we can get to a point in Michigan where MJ is on the same platform with zucchini.....that's where we need to be.

NATIONAL SNEAK SOME ZUCCHINI INTO YOUR NEIGHBOR’S PORCH DAY

National Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbor’s Porch Day is celebrated on August 8.

Did you know that zucchini was a fruit?  Well, if you’re a gardener, you know this fact already.  You also know that zucchini grows in abundance and is ready for harvest in August.  Zucchini growers also know that one plant of zucchini allows you to share this wonderful treat!

Our research team was unable to pinpoint where National Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbor’s Porch Day originated from.  However, we suspect it was because of the abundant harvest that comes from zucchini and the willingness of your neighbor to share in the fruit’s of their labor!

NATIONAL SNEAK SOME ZUCCHINI INTO YOUR NEIGHBOR’S PORCH DAY

National Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbor’s Porch Day is celebrated on August 8.

Did you know that zucchini was a fruit?  Well, if you’re a gardener, you know this fact already.  You also know that zucchini grows in abundance and is ready for harvest in August.  Zucchini growers also know that one plant of zucchini allows you to share this wonderful treat!

Our research team was unable to pinpoint where National Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbor’s Porch Day originated from.  However, we suspect it was because of the abundant harvest that comes from zucchini and the willingness of your neighbor to share in the fruit’s of their labor!

But how do you tell a good guy with a zucchini from a bad guy with a zucchini?

Back on topic...So sales to minors would be A-okay under this free for all?

What makes you think it wont be regulated if legalization passes ?

thread is purely hypothetical, as I have no clue of the details of any law passing that is even close to what I envision.

The exploration of the topic was my point of creating it. I am pretty sure in reality that no law will immediately allow a "full out legalization and decriminalization" of cannabis in MI, regulated or not. imo

End all laws on cannabis ,  Off the books , Only then will people be safe from government, employers,  pain drs  ect,   When you have Medical Cannabis  like it is now  some patients cannot be on the program because they will lose their  job  lose their pain contract  get arrested for   oil    ya medical is great  for healthy people,

Edited by cristinew