If This Is The Bill I Will Vote No

well it looks like they have a jump start on it for voters to sing and I am sure once you put your x on the spot you F I know I will not vote for the one I posted.

all I can say if there are other groups trying to get it for 2016 they better get on the ball and stop dragging donkey

Marsden is spearheading the Michigan Cannabis Coalition, which has already paid out big bucks to draft the ballot proposal, and hired the top signature-gathering firm in the country to come into Michigan and gather 300,000 signatures to put this on the ballot in 2016.

The ballot proposal language asks voters to approve recreational use and creates a Cannabis Control Board that will be responsible for licensing commercial and home growers and retail outlets. All commercial operations must be inside and on land zoned industrial and agricultural. Those who want to grow at home are looking at two plants. Those who have a felony on record won’t be growing anything.

WTF?

2 plants?

That's worse than Ohio's joke at legalization.

I mean you sometimes need to grow out a pack to find a keeper.

Then what?

Keep One mother.. And clone her once to flower it out?

What a freaking joke...

That is a dead duck..

Hey whoever is wasting your money,, that plant count is nothing more than appeasement.

And a horrible try of it at that!

Edit:

Why would Any Patient/Caregiver who has rights to plants far exceeding this proposal vote for it?

So the state can strip your patient rights and say " hey it's all recreational now" good luck with that..

I would vote no with that language proposed..

Edited by ilynnboy

What If this were on the 2016 election cycle? 

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/48662-total-and-complete-decriminalization-in-2016/

This is just a rough draft poll and verbiage ofcourse, to get a feel of your honest response if this language were presented on the 2016 Presidential Election Cycle... Please vote honestly as you would if it were there... Yes I know there are 3 other options being floated, Now there is 4.  But concerning just this proposal, If it were on the Ballot, would you vote yes or no?

Remove Cannabis from the Mi Controlled Substances Act and never prohibit it again in Michigan.

Removal of all Criminal Associations for any and all Cannabis or Cannabis Related Activities, in or for any amount of 

living and or dead Plants, regardless of type, or if it is an extract, derivative, salt, preparation, product, for all use by any Adult

18+, or minor with Parent/Guardian Permission, for all Personal, Industrial, Research or Developmental Use and Purposes of

any and all Cannabis and Cannabis Based/Related Products.  So say we the Voters of Michigan in this 2016 election cycle

Should We the People of the State of Michigan Adopt this Ballot Proposal #420.

Edited by Timmahh

Hey Timmah,

Haven't seen you in a while.

I hope you are well..

I would vote for a sensible proposal.

But that one proposal with a 2 plant limit

Nah, that one will not get my vote.

It is just a ploy by big monied interest to trick the gamers into thinking that this was written for them and Not the Millionaires who are funding this proposal.

Come on 2 plants?

That is a slap in the face.

What good is that?

Very little to none.

This stinks to heaven just like Responsible Ohio's plan to fleece the Ohio cannabis users..

Wrong headed in every direction.

I will leave this subject alone as I have spoken enough on it.

But remember, other states that have legalized have tried or in the process of trying to vacate the medical program.

So how does that 2 plant count look now?

Not so good.

They will have to come up with a better proposal to get my voter signature on it.

Right now it is a 2000 dollar fine and one year in jail for just possession  , this may not be the best  but it just may help some people from going to jail,    And we know how well the medical is working for some of us that are in jail or on probation as we speak  How many patients plants  only yield 2,5?    if that is the case we only need 3 or 4 plants also,

Look, first why do patients and growers have this agenda to recommend less plants in our Act?

We could question the motives of the patients who ONLY use Sativa's, or higher THC varieties next?

Or the one's who smoke joints instead of ingesting their meds?

I grow dozens of varieties myself in a very tight ship. I don't sell overages, I don't share with buddies, and nobody comes to my spread.

Each of my plants are often left to grow the way they want, without training or fuss.

My clones are cut at around 3 inches tall, and root in 3-4 days or so.  The minute they root they go in large dirt cups under T5. They sit there until requested by a patient(60 days ahead of time) The vegging plants never reach over 12 inches tall.  I'm in no competition, and I do maintain patients. My plants are typically 60-70 day finishers and I need to harvest frequently from the flower room, often twice per week.

I could NOT legally maintain my perpetual grow if my plants yielded more than 3 ounces each. They sometimes do and I discard, or sloppily trim, or gift the excess immediately. Many strains are drying full time, some are curing, some are packed for tomorrows delivery. This would be impossible for me with less than the 12 plants the state carefully selected as the amount that may be needed to provide an uninterrupted supply of medical marijuana to a max of five patients.

Of course this would be different if I was just a patient. I would take the risk of part time growing, and full time law breaking-with the excess stock for the year. Being a grower is different though, with more exposure, possible intrusions, neighbors, etc, and the risk of raid is higher possibly. I never-NEVER possess over my limits, and admit although sometimes I keep less than 12 plants per patients, other times I would be more efficient with more than 12 per.

We could focus our attention of those who blatantly do not follow the Act instead of those who do, if focusing attention to further limit marihuana human rights is our thing?

peaceful rant

Edited by grassmatch

Marsden is spearheading the Michigan Cannabis Coalition, which has already paid out big bucks to draft the ballot proposal, and hired the top signature-gathering firm in the country to come into Michigan and gather 300,000 signatures to put this on the ballot in 2016.

The ballot proposal language asks voters to approve recreational use and creates a Cannabis Control Board that will be responsible for licensing commercial and home growers and retail outlets. All commercial operations must be inside and on land zoned industrial and agricultural. Those who want to grow at home are looking at two plants. Those who have a felony on record won’t be growing anything.

At the bottom it says it wont change the mm law!

when they said 2 plants they ment for any one who is of age for rec use, and if you have a fellony they wont let you grow them 2 plants, if you are a pt It is not supposed to change the mmma rules!

The vote is for legal rec use, and the control board is for the rec use of the mj law, not the mmma law,  At least that is what I read from your link.

Peace

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/voters-asked-to-approve-recreational-marijuana-use/32264224

DETROIT - 
After six months of bipartisan chatter about a possible ballot proposal to legalize recreational marijuana use in Michigan, a proposal has been crafted and is on its way to the State Board of Canvassers.

The Michigan Cannabis Revenue and Control Act is the product of some of the brightest legal minds in government law in the state and it differs from laws in Colorado and Washington. For starters, the Michigan proposal does not allow lighting up a joint in public places.

“There is no point in doing this if we’re not going to be able to make it reasonable, understandable and straightforward enough that people in the general election in 2016 are going to come out and vote for it and support it,” said Matt Marsden.

The ballot proposal allows the state legislature to decide at what rate the pot and pot products will be taxed at, but it dictates that the revenues must go three places: education, public safety and public health.

There is also an escape hatch that allows for communities to pass ordinances banning grow operations if they choose. Ohio has a recreational pot ballot proposal to be voted on this year. Marsden and the coalition believe either Michigan gets ahead of the game or gets left in the dust.

“Your wallet and my wallet aren’t necessarily impacted by this, because we’re not going to choose to buy it, but I’m still going to reap the rewards of whatever revenue it generates," Marsden said. "Whether it be the low end or the high end, we still know there will be new revenue that isn’t going to be coming from a general tax increase."

Colorado generated $53 million in pot sales the first year; Michigan has nearly the double population. How popular will this idea be with the public? The Michigan Cannabis Coalition plans on doing plenty of polling as the issue moves forward, but it’s also trying to use crowdfunding to get the measure passed, which is a good indicator of general interest.

Whether people give $1 or $500, it helps gauge support.

The proposal would not impact the current medical marijuana law and it would not tax medical marijuana.

The bottom line is what im reffering too!

Peace