Most Tax Generation For The State Possible.

Michigan needs to Totally and Fully Decriminalize Cannabis, Regulate it like Lettuce. NO Felonies, No

Misdemeanors, No Civil Infractions, No Penalties of Any Kind for any Adult 18+. Minors get returned to

Parents/Guardians to be dealt with, instead of dealing with them by Law. Remove Cannabis from the Michigan

Controlled Substances Act. Regulation and Taxes will be generated and applied as Cannabis Based Products are

brought to the retail market.

This would generate 1000 times the potential tax base than what a legal ounce could generate in its best days.

Excellent questions Pic Book. And I would add, why must Michigan follow the extremely limited moves other States decided to impose upon themselves.

Returning Cannabis to the Pre 1930 status of being a Plant, and regulated like Lettuce, their are literally 1000s of products that could be developed, made and sold, a vast majority of which would be subject to already in place regulations for the products cannabis products would be competing for shelf space with at the Retail store. But a Vast majority of them would be subject to sales taxes at the Cash register.

Things like
Cloth,
Paper
Industrial Oil

Other Lubricants

Help Fuel
Hempcrete
Help Inuslation
Hemp Plastics
Hemp Rubber

Hemp Rope
Molded Hemp Products like House Trim 

Not to mention all the food bases products that could be made from it...

Imagine the tax revenue that cold be generated with that kind of products selling off store shelves across the state?

Not even close mr timmy.

I just have an adults understanding of how to write a law.

You obviously do not have the slightest clue.

You can quit projecting me as against Marijuana.  Your childish remarks should cement as to why you were removed from any leadership in this organization.

I simply have a clue, as to where you simply are playing monkeys in a barrel.

• 6 months later...

Cripes... and the chit begins again right outta the gate... this is no way to accomplish any f'n thing.

I am disgusted at this childishness.

Can we grow the fuk up here and get something POSITIVE moving forward now???

If the past and some huge ego's cannot be put aside then we are certainly in deep chit here.

Any hemp farm within 8 miles of you will pollute/pollinate your medical marijuana crop. ;-)

just say no to hemp!

;-p

I was having this very conversation with a caregiver yesterday. 

I want hemp... absolutely.

How I feel is that medical cannabis (to me it is ALL medical) will be grown exclusively

indoors when Hemp is grown freely out doors.  Indoor grows will continue to evolve and

become more efficient and less costly imho.

We (the entire world) need Hemp too. 

If peeps want to grow outdoors well... take your chance on hemp pollen contamination I suppose.

Seems as though hemp farms would impact our indoor grows too.  How many of us change our clothes or decontaminate outselves every time before entering our grow room?  Decontaminate every instrument?  How successful would you be with a hemp farm 8, 4, or even 1 mile away.  What if a cannabis critic decided to put a mini-hemp farm in his 1/4 acre lot in the middle of the city, claiming he has rights too?  How good will any indoor or outdoor crop do if your next door neighbor grew hemp?  This is a tough issue.  Both have rights but one completely negates the rights of another.

I think this is why some communities pass ordinances like ...... within city limits there can be no chickens, no cattle and no Medical Cannabis grows.  Seems like we are all victims of local law.  How can it truly be any other way?

Seems as though hemp farms would impact our indoor grows too.  How many of us change our clothes or decontaminate outselves every time before entering our grow room?  Decontaminate every instrument?  How successful would you be with a hemp farm 8, 4, or even 1 mile away.  What if a cannabis critic decided to put a mini-hemp farm in his 1/4 acre lot in the middle of the city, claiming he has rights too?  How good will any indoor or outdoor crop do if your next door neighbor grew hemp?  This is a tough issue.  Both have rights but one completely negates the rights of another.

I think this is why some communities pass ordinances like ...... within city limits there can be no chickens, no cattle and no Medical Cannabis grows.  Seems like we are all victims of local law.  How can it truly be any other way?

Great points about the pollen. 

But in America how could you fairly limit hemp farmers over marijuana farmers? 

I believe there would have to be ways invented to have the two industries both survive if their products are needed. 

I know I would find a way to grow my favorite strains unfertilized. Just another layer of difficulty to overcome.

In my opinion, we should stay away from over promoting hemp or over limiting hemp. Just let the chips fall where they may. 

Most Tax Generation For The State Possible

I think that the most tax generated would be to remove the criminal penalties and let the freedom of cannabis add to the all the other natural attractions our state has. People come here from all over the world to enjoy themselves. We would see a 10 fold increase in the tourism we already have. This state would be an even better utopia for people on vacation. People on vacation spend a lot of money. Michigan's money problems would be over.

Not to mention the savings we could have from freeing up the money going to prisons and cops. That would go to better education and better social programs for the residents. 

It's a really beautiful thing! I would enjoy Tim Allen explaining the new Pure Michigan. I would enjoy that to the extreme.