Police Chase Finds Medical Marijuana Grow Out Of Compliance?

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2015/04/police_chase_through_michigan.html

There, police found "the door to the residence wide open and no one around or responding to their attempts to make contact," a news release issued by the Michigan State Police said.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllll bunny muffin.

since when are cops allowed to open your doors? breaking and entering.

Edited by t-pain

There's that side of it too, it could be rigged against them, it might all be wet weight, and unrooted clones, they might have just decided to check out the house after they found cannabis in the car. I'm guilty of the same rash judgement that I'm chiding others for, but from the look of things the house occupants made some pretty big mistakes. I hope they don't go to prison over a plant. I wonder if they were the caregiver's patients. Also I was talking about this and the other articles posted about the chase etc...

It seems like their friend borrowed the car and got freaked out because she had the 4, and was getting pulled over. Then she crossed state lines (worst idea ever). Meanwhile her buddies hear about the chase, knew they were over limits, and started hauling it out to look inconspicuous.

Again that's the only story there is to read about this, no jailhouse interviews yet, so maybe we're all just in the dark.

There's that side of it too, it could be rigged against them, it might all be wet weight, and unrooted clones, they might have just decided to check out the house after they found cannabis in the car. I'm guilty of the same rash judgement that I'm chiding others for, but from the look of things the house occupants made some pretty big mistakes. I hope they don't go to prison over a plant. I wonder if they were the caregiver's patients. Also I was talking about this and the other articles posted about the chase etc...

It seems like their friend borrowed the car and got freaked out because she had the 4, and was getting pulled over. Then she crossed state lines (worst idea ever). Meanwhile her buddies hear about the chase, knew they were over limits, and started hauling it out before the police arrived.

Again that's the only story there is to read about this, no jailhouse interviews yet, so maybe we're all just in the dark.

first i dont believe cops.

second i dont make up stuff to fill the holes in the lying cop story.

third, everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

we've seen cops weigh wet marijuana and weigh dirt balls. we've seen them weigh stems and seeds. we've seen them lie on the stand in court (and get fired for it as oakland county detective marc ferguson).

i dont know who is innocent and who is guilty in this story.

we agree no one should go to jail for a plant.

story from the cops sounds a little fishy to me.

Edited by t-pain

I don't get how you can defend people that give us a black eye. Instead of rushing to get rich, caregivers should be preparing for careers, and learning to run tight, lean, and clean. The story as a whole, paints a pretty clear picture.

Im not defending the illegal grow im trying to defend each persons right to be free of police overstepping because if they do it to the gorilla grower they will do it to the legal carded patient who happens to be out getting supplys .

"police uncovered 95 suspected marijuana plants all "commingled into a single large grow," as well as approximately 22.5 pounds of harvested marijuana."

but what of this separate grow thing?

For final clarification;

Do each patients set of 12 plants need to be secured from each other set of 12 plants belonging to another patient registerd to the same cg, as in separate fences/doors/ etc?

"police uncovered 95 suspected marijuana plants all "commingled into a single large grow," as well as approximately 22.5 pounds of harvested marijuana."

For final clarification;

Do each patients set of 12 plants need to be secured from each other set of 12 plants belonging to another patient registerd to the same cg, as in separate fences/doors/ etc?

Absolutely not!, it was our great AG that thought that sheet up, it was a recommendation.. nothing more                  

For final clarification;

no

Peace

1 CG with 1 Patient and 12 plants, would allow for access by both patient and CG.  1 CG with 2 patients and 24 plants grown in a single locked room, means that now the CG is the only one that can access the plants.  If you have a locked room for each patient, then access is allowed again (but only for each individuals room.

That's my understanding after the Bylsma ruling.

Phaq is right though, No, and if your the only one accessing the room, then there shouldn't be any issue.

I got the skinny on this story this morning, and needless to say, the alleged facts are in dispute.

i'm curious if msp only puts out "press releases" like this when they have a not-so-airtight case? in order to color perspective jurors or something?

its not like msp puts out releases like this for every case they deal with. it would be interesting to see the pattern if there is one.