Outdoor In Central Michigan

legalherb

I'm interesting in starting a greenhouse grow in central michigan. This will be a locked, secure facility, and I will keep below my plant limit, but I'm still worried about being hassled by the local police. I know that some counties are more likely to raid and seize plants from legal growers than others. The three counties I was mainly looking at were Clare, Isabella, and Gladwin. Does anyone have any information about how legal growers are treated in these areas? Thanks for your help.

Is any one going to be able to see your out door grow from off of your property any where?

That is the main thing that will get you popped, Im not talking about helo's in the fall, if you are attached to the ground and have a fence/roof on it and locks you should not have a problem, I say you shouldnt but that realy dont mean anything to leo, I would seek advise from an attny who knows mm laws!

Best of luck!

welcome to the site!

Peace

Is any one going to be able to see your out door grow from off of your property any where?

That is the main thing that will get you popped, Im not talking about helo's in the fall, if you are attached to the ground and have a fence/roof on it and locks you should not have a problem, I say you shouldnt but that realy dont mean anything to leo, I would seek advise from an attny who knows mm laws!

Best of luck!

welcome to the site!

Peace

Thank you for your response. I was planning on having my greenhouse covered in a double layer of opaque plastic. No one will be able to see whats inside of it, but it is pretty likely that people will be able to see the greenhouse itself. Is this this a problem?

Thank you for your response. I was planning on having my greenhouse covered in a double layer of opaque plastic. No one will be able to see whats inside of it, but it is pretty likely that people will be able to see the greenhouse itself. Is this this a problem?

I'm not experienced in this kind of grow.  I wonder if it might get too hot covered like that?

Molds, pests, heat, theft, humidity, light, cold, odor, weight limits. not necessarily in that order.

Without light deprivation techniques you'll be stuck with your whole crop weight at once. Good

luck with that. stay safe.

Outdoor is the funnest, cheapest, and most connected way to grow imo.

With patients waiting on a legal supply every month, this type of growing wasnt

for me, but for myself, I might go back to it.

Molds, pests, heat, theft, humidity, light, cold, odor, weight limits. not necessarily in that order.

Without light deprivation techniques you'll be stuck with your whole crop weight at once. Good

luck with that. stay safe.

Outdoor is the funnest, cheapest, and most connected way to grow imo.

With patients waiting on a legal supply every month, this type of growing wasnt

for me, but for myself, I might go back to it.

I have a plan for each of those problems--not saying they are all good plans or that they'll work, but I've thought of them, I'm interested in the attitude of law enforcement towards legal greenhouse grows in central Michigan.

Does anyone know if a privacy fence is still required if you can't see through the greenhouse?

as long as you cant see whats in the greenhouse, you dont need the privacy fence.

in my non-legal opinion of course. plastic or shade cloth that is translucent but not transparent should be ok. as long as you have some other stronger physical barrier like fencing to keep people out. be sure to put chicken wire or other thing on top of it too.

as long as you cant see whats in the greenhouse, you dont need the privacy fence.

in my non-legal opinion of course. plastic or shade cloth that is translucent but not transparent should be ok. as long as you have some other stronger physical barrier like fencing to keep people out. be sure to put chicken wire or other thing on top of it too.

I was going to use the totally opaque white stuff, and it'll be double layered. Thank you for your advice.

My biggest concern would be any one seeing it from the road or their own property!  They may not call on you but if leo see's it Im afraid they will stick their piggy nose where it dont belong!

I would love to grow out doors, I think I have a few pics of a small out door grow, I called it my free hill billy grow, I had a 55 gal drum cut in half, 4 fence posts pounded into the ground, and chicken wire attached all around it, with a lock (lmao!)  I made my roof so it would go over the top and it went down and doubled at my door, I did that so I could make my fenced in enclosure 4 ft higher when the time arose!  By the end of june it needed to be made 4 ft higher, at least what was left needed to be in a taller enclosure, I started out with prob 20 seeds and got it down to 12, and after my peice of poop lying thieving step son got done with it there were only 3 left, (idiot picked them when they were still pretty much useless)  plus I like to camp in the summer, I camp close enough to home so I can come home every day if I wanted to,,,my hill bill grow wasnt realy legal, people could see it if they tried hard enough, plus I had my own thief living in my home!

I have been kinda wondering when im gonna come home and my grow door be  broken off the hinges, or my window broken, even though I screw up ply wood over the window, I close my blinds and curtains and screw ply wood over it, so from out side it looks like a normal window, and he has never been in my room, I never leave my door unlocked, even when im in it most of the time!

Any how I would do the inside grow for your benifit and pt's benifit, If you already bought the green house grow vegatables this yr and see how it goes,  dont tell any one whats in it and most def dont let any one see in it, it will be good practice to see if you live in the right area to do an out door grow!

Peace

there are really cool wifi cameras available that will beam the house view(s) right to your smart phone in real time. they alert with motion sensors too, and see in the dark. cheap and effective.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment"

better luck next time. those rascal kids can cause big trouble for some.

I can attest to 130f temps in the middle of winter, summer even hotter.
If the cover lets in enough light to grow, it will also heat up quickly.

but, op says "The guy I got the greenhouse from grew vegetables in it, it has a huge vent fan,"

My plants withstood the periodic temperature swings but I was nervous throughout the grow. and it smells very strongly too.

My spread was stinking for months, 300 feet to the road even.  this was a problem for me.

First of all -- is it a GREENHOUSE or a HIGH TUNNEL? Virtually the same thing, but one is meant to be a tropical swamp and the other is just a covered growing space.

If your greenhouse doesn't have roll up sides -- figure out a way to make them. Chainlink down the sides of the building, and keep one wall on full southern exposure. With prevailing north/west winds. even  a 1-2 mph wind will turn the air over in your house 100x faster than any fan. I ran a 35x96 hoop house, don't let these guys scare you about heat issues. You also don't "need" double layer of woven plastic, a single layer will suffice if all your looking for is to block visibility. Double layer is for cold weather growing and adding a layer of "insulation" with the dead air space.

The house is only step 1 though, check into pricing on dirt... your jaw will hit the floor. $125-150 per 100 gallon smart pot full. I use a mix of Roots Organic, Native soil, and 8-9 different amendments.

But if you pull it off, you'll be mighty proud of yourself in the fall!

fknrepublicans. Hate outdoor grows. They are more accustomed to environments in dark alleys and under rocks.

Facts are...Outdoor grows are sustainable, Green/ environmentally friendly, a fraction of the cost to produce and are SUPERIOR Meds.

What is not to Love

Look at the expansion of grows in colo...Sunshine Grows...of course.

Look at how hard the republicans work at opposing outdoor Opps. Here in Michigan.

Outdoor is the Future.

Free the Weed

If you are Growing in the sun you are part of the solution....kudos

Edited by beourbud

I used to use FTW in my sig,  every one thought it ment phaq the world lol!

I had a whole lot of bag seed from an out door grow a friend did, obviously he didnt sex one section of his grow, so near the end of the supply We were getting lots of beans, If you have free beans plant them every where, in court houses flower gardens, ditches. camping sites,  most likely if some one finds them in court house flower gardens it will be a prisoner and I think  most will turn a blind eye lol!

Indiana ditch weed comes to mind, heck no I dont want to smoke it but it would be harder for leo to control it!

Best of luck!

Peace