East Coast Sour Diesel

kQueef

chopped, did not snap pics, locker walls held the world up cause when i took it out every cola hit the floor lol. neighborhood reeks via no charcoal filtering in drying room. overall grow went 80% being perfect couple (8) 50degree nights and 2 nute burns day 30-40.

Thanks for the clarification. I still think they are boogeymen :)

Is the ann arbor spot any good?

So far they have had the best meds of any dispense I have gone to but any of them are ok to drop a sample.  They really seem to cater to quality. They went from a 4 oz. min. to an 8 oz. min. the second time I dropped off meds, but when they saw mine they said they could get around the minimum.  This was back when I just got here and I was feeling out the market to be ready.  But they were amazed at the crystal content for organics.  I haven't been back there because I found a place closer and I'm just dropping off meds for a test.  They are expensive but if you have the cash they are worth it.

I feel more comfortable at hardcore but that's just because I like holes in the wall and lower lighting and not a rite aid type of feel.  The meds were of lesser quality and much cheaper.  Basic glass display, but it's in Montrose not Ann Arbor.  I'm starting to realize that the area probably has a bit to do with the type of dispensary you get in an area.

Arborside was definitely more of a college town dispensary.  They were a bit deshevled and unorganized but good meds.  The problem was they took an order for cannatonic clones and when I called back a month later they said they didn't and weren't taking orders for cannatonic clones cause the guy was on vacation.  So I got stuck not looking for other avenues and pushed back a month on getting a hi CBD cut.  Also they test with Quantacann, which is a refractor/ picture way of estimating cannabinoid levels, not liquid or gas chromatography.

But Treecity is beautiful.  Clean, well lit and nice displays and packaging.  Very professional although I think I know a little more about MJ than your avg. bear.  The budtenders didn't seem as knowledgeable as they should but were very knowledgeable about what they had, if that makes sense.

"surprised at the crystals with organics"? Guy was high. Organic meds always allowed my babes  a fuller expression /more trichs than hydroponics hands down. Hydro is a  few days quicker in veg is all, weaker plants, more support, hit or miss with equip failures. I wonder if he was inexperienced then, I bet not now ! lol

thanks for the disp reviews, you wouldn't believe how many non posters use the info.

It was probably overfertilization on the other organic farmers part?  Anyone selling to a dispense is probably trying to maximize weight. I'm noticing now that I overdid it that overfertilizing can cause lower trichome ratio.  Not too much of a difference in the effects but I know there is a difference. Still smooth but lower taste and visually less sparkly.  I think I read that extra N at the end can keep it from ripening.   I'm flushing now and everything looks spectacular but i think my patients are all getting a little extra this month till i adjust. Definite difference to when my leaves were all yellowing. 

Why would he praise my stuff so much if he was trying to buy it from me?  I believe he experienced that.  I understand your dismay, I really do.   I looked at him puzzled myself.

Edited by Norby

Hahaha! Perfect. Hey, I just got my chromotographer on ebay. I'm offering memberships @ $250 a year....testing will cost extra $$$$$$$$. For $1000 more you get a picture of me to put in your home or workplace (gives you mad street cred and makes you look cool).

Rich dudes in Oakland county.....

Edited by suneday11

that kind of looks like a full legalization model to me. No way a caregiver can afford most of that even with a legal max of 15 oz....who wants to bet pesticide testing becomes mandatory? $650. I am laughing at joke. Edited by suneday11

I think it was 35. originally.

It's $35 at the dispensaries, but I think it was $40 or $45 with the membership per test because you got consultation priveledges, pick up service, etc.  I know it was more expensive if you joined than it was to drop at a dispensary unless you bought a 10-pack at $350.

You can't convince me that it is a good deal, Norby. I'm sorry if you don't see this for what it is. $460? Ok. Again, that's $460 for pesticide testing on one strain for a max of 15 ounces. My math says almost $80 more per patient if the caregiver takes an $80 hit as well. This wipes out small growers if it is a mandate.

Who the heck is running one strain? I think someone in Canada growing BC big bud has been doing that for 20 yrs...it smells like hay and tastes like crap, but I'm sure it's pesticide free. I have about 5-8 strain due up about every month/month and a half. Most of my patients request and require variety. Iron labs is out for your money and your law.

bye bye medical....bye bye caregivers.

Edited by suneday11

I wouldn't try to convince anyone of anything.  Merely making the best of a bad situation.  My patients aren't worried as they know they wouldn't force me to test my meds for them.  I TOLD them when I used eagle 20.  And they KNOW no one can force that on our relationship. 

Why would I want mandatory testing?  I know mine don't have pesticides and it would hurt a person's ability to choose.  It would raise the price on meds I'd want to sell to a dispensary.

And believe me, if it becomes mandatory labs will open and compete and you will see lower prices and people working at low wages to get by.  It'll all go to the makers of the testing equipment and suppliers of the reagents or whatever gasses they use, etc.  the system is rigged to bring anything an individual can do down to a living wage thru competition.  Someone close to me works with this kind of equipment for a school, thru loans, equipment costs, regulations, competition, some will go out of business before tehy pay anything off. Do you know how much the equipment costs? insurance, phones, elec, gas?  Not yelling or anything and your entitiled to your view but I see it from a different side. It's not easy to run a business in this economy Esp with that kind of overhead. 

Now I'm NOT sticking up for them saying they support a bill that has mandatory testing but I test my meds for my patients benefit of me knowing all I can to taylor my meds.  Kind of stuck in the middle trying to keep the peace and show people how the tests can be used even without total accuracy.  But I don't talk to them, can't sway them and know no politicians so what I think matters little to nill.

I'm NOT for mandatory testing, just to head any arguments off before they start.

And I don't know, but I think it may be for a period of time.  My potency tests are good for a couple months and all the plants I pulled of that strain, or from the perpetual garden, should be covered.  Why would a person be able to grow a garden of one strain and get away with one test and someone who has a mixed garden have to do more testing?

For fishing and hemmoragic(sp?) fever, your bait receipt was good for a number of weeks. I think testing runs more on a different certification type thing for a number of weeks, if not I don't see why it wouldn't or shouldn't.

Edited by Norby

Nobody can force a caregiver to produce erroneous test results before they supply a patient. that talk is for those dispensaries and testers working together, maybe to end home growing with some of them. The testing would hypothetically be forced upon them, not personal growers. If my patients wanted results in writing, After they chose the lab I'd gift them the extra 3 grams for the test, they would drop off the sample and pay the fee. If they shared the results with me, great, if not, whatever.

I tested when I needed to. I discovered what I needed to know and don't need to test anymore. If its too expensive for patients to pay for the testing at a dispensary, then they will grow their own, or find a cg to do so maybe. I don't care which plant has the highest thc, or the highest cbd, and I don have pests and don't use sprays or dips or fungicides or pesticides, so no worries there. If patients cant live with that, I wont have any.

If food is to be sold at a dispensary store front, where was it made? what are the exact ingredients, where is he certificate of safe practices of the manufacturer? The drug food stuff cannot be shipped from out of state so a couple local bakery shops will score big with that one. No more cg's/patients making cookies on the countertop. If the food is packaged the store will not be forced to be health checked, like a gas station selling packs of gum....same with the cannabis packages maybe?

Haha, for ice fishing some of my friends would catch bait out of the lake and they had reciepts from buying minnows.  They never used them for anything but if they got checked on the lake, they were good.  I haven't been ice fishing since before the ban and I'm pretty sure it was lifted.

Forgot my point, usually do.  I think iron labs is seeing the mess they are in and switched from a private club to an open service?  I'm just trying to figure it out as I never knew the cost.  I thought a hydro store told me it was $500 a test when they tested for eagle 20 residuals.  Or was it $700?  I don't remember.  If we saw the old pricing structure with the entry fee and 10 pack costs we could see if they were downsizing price for expected competition.  I can't do anything about it I just would like the data to see if my world view matches reality. :)

Oh yeah, I know how much those things cost. $2000 or $500,000. My concern is simply that the labs are out trying to scare people into thinking every herb is covered in bunny muffin and chemical sprays, yet they propose no standards for themselves. As tou know, these machines aren't equal, they don't use the same gases or the same instruments.

I'm close with Washington state growers and distributors. Legal herbs failed at one lab and passed at another. Why, why, why??? Same plants, same harvest, same drying, same packaging.

Look, I've tested, and still do if I run and new strain and decide to keep it. My bunny muffin was what it was two years ago, and it still is today. I will re-test the keepers as I transition to veganics, but I expect result to be the nearly the same. No mold, no bugs, no pesticides. I spray water back at the neighbors yard when they use round up.

And I know you aren't our to convert me, norby. Don't think I am out trying to convert either. I have some real concerns, but your points on free market and competition are well taken. you'll surely understand that a legally mandated (and therefore protected) business can be the most dangerous kind. I hope you are right and the costs drop a little.

I suppose grass has the right idea. You want a pesticide test, Mr patient? Here is your 2.5 and the lab is down the road. Bring money...

Edited by suneday11

I see the utility in testing. Iron labs should not be able to dictate this law. That's my only facking point.

But on that note, I think i'm a lot like you, norby. My dog let's me know when I get too "involved" in the forums. I'm taking this moment to realize I'm about to tinkle people off. I'll see you in the organic threads. Peace

Edited by suneday11

you're cool suneday! just because you may have an alternative view compared to some doesn't mean you don't have a voice to listen to. If a few cant handle it, fukkem. Some of the most active and outspoken players have eaten our support only to sell out and slowly get our Act shredded, keep that in mind here. I'd be more tinkled off at a person attacking your opinion than you sharing it for thought.

peace