Mmt Leader To Be Sentenced In Fed Court

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/04/tragic_consequences_of_using_m.html

i figured it wasnt some giant grow operation. if it was 100% illegal selling weed to chicago or something he wouldnt have involved so many people.

his downfall was his bragging and his naming of a scheme (and printing some t-shirts). and of course talking to a CI.

boasted that he purchased various parcels of land and homes when the reality is that he made one purchase of a $9,000 home for his mother.

Edited by t-pain

His downfall was what he was doing...

Creating a growing syndicate to illegally grow and sell marijuana to as many people as possible while thinking the MMMAct protected his obviously unacceptable behavior. 

These people I do not understand at all.  If you wanna grow tons(literally tons) of marijuana, I could care less.  Pretending you are legal is the problem. 

A very unfortunate and horrible lesson learned I guess.

If you are going to do stuff that is blatantly illegal, do not be public about it.

see mal, if he grew tons of pot, he would have more money, dont you think?

people just see the headline and believe the press releases. its crazy.

also if hes this super illegal kingpin, why is he getting only 5 years?

malamute , why are you believing the feds press release in this case???

Edited by t-pain

lots of people breaking the law carry on as if they were legal I'm afraid.

Not just cannabis sellers, but real estate brokerages, banks, governmental agencies, pharmacies, and even the police force. these types wear a badge proclaiming their legitimacy too. Dispensary operators do much the same. they sell to as many people with (without?) a card as they can during the hours they're open. They pretend to be legal, even though we know they are not. They keep a circle of growers busy with cash and bud transactions. They spend their money as they see fit, brag, put up signs on the road, advertise, and cash in on the MMMA .  Folks  enterprising with the drug trade, no surprises there.

see mal, if he grew tons of pot, he would have more money, dont you think?

people just see the headline and believe the press releases. its crazy.

also if hes this super illegal kingpin, why is he getting only 5 years?

malamute , why are you believing the feds press release in this case???

I don't believe the Feds.

I just happen to know more than average Joe about this and the others cases.

It was a mistake which drew generally fine people into a situation where all of them were under bad information operating what turned out to be not even Michigan compliant for most of them.

It happens. More victims of the war on drugs. It is just sad that if they knew what they were doing was not Michigan compliant, I think most would have made themselves Michigan compliant and would have avoided much of the situation they are in.