Organic Mix

suneday11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm curious though why so much mycelium buildup in your soil , suneday?

does that indicate that the fungi are still eating organics in the soil? or does it just indicate the fungi is fruiting? i've forgotten now what a film of mycelium on the surface means...

edit: nevermind, i think its the re-upping that adds more organics. the rice hulls and other stuff . got it.

Update: soils are in their 3rd or 4th recycles at this point. No worm castings were added to the most recent batch. It "cooked" just fine and micro life is excellent. So long as your soil doesn't dry out too much, I don't see the necessity of adding when you could just cook longer. In my case, the soil had a Santa's beard in two days. Pretty active still!

Also, running a few 12 week sativas and the soil held strong.

Finally, always add some rice hulls or lava rocks. Some type of aeration is needed as the different components break down and compact.

Happy holidays!

what is added if anything to the sativas as they grow? :)

I have to pay close attention to my sativas to keep them healthy here. my habits are definitely on a 65 day schedule. good to see yours thriving