Legal Definitions Of Costs, Compensation And Expense

Malamute

Just something I wrote awhile ago and figured it should have its own topic:

MMMAct-

Sec 6(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

Definiton of "costs" as listed and defined in Blacks Law Dictionary 8th edition:

"Cost" n 1. The amount paid or charged for something; price or expenditure. Cf. EXPENSE

Types of costs:

aboriginal cost

after cost

applied cost

average cost

avoidable cost

carrying cost

common cost

cost of completion

direct cost

distribution cost

fixed cost

flotation cost

historical cost

implicit cost

indirect cost

manufacturing cost

marginal cost

mitigation cost

mixed cost

net book cost

opportunity cost

original cost

prime cost

prophylactic cost

replacement cost

social cost

sunk cost

tangible cost

transaction cost

unit cost

variable cost

It goes on for 2 more pages with full definitions... ;-)

Definition of "Compensate" as listed and defined in Blacks Law Dictionary 8th edition:

"Compensate" vb. 1. To pay (another) for services rendered <the lawyer was fairly compensated for their time and effort> 2. To make an amendatory payment to; to recompensate.

Definition of "Compensation" as listed and defined in Blacks Law Dictionary 8th edition:

"Compensation" n. Remuneration and other benefits recieved in return for services rendered; esp. salary or wages.

"Compensation consists of wages and benefits in return for services. It is payment for work, If the work contracted for is not done, there is no obligation to pay. [Compensation] includes wages, stock options plans, profit-sharing, commissions, bonuses, golden parachutes, vacation, sick pay, medical benefits, disability, leaves of absence, and expense reimbursement." Kurt H. Decker & H. Thomas Felix II, Drafting and Revising Employment Contracts S 3.17, at 68(1991).

Definition of "Expense" as listed and defined in Blacks Law Dictionary 8th edition:

"Expense" n.  An expenditure of money, time, labor, or resources to accomplish a result;

How about matchboxes? Anyone remember when mj was sold in matchboxes? Kansas, 1967. Those were the days. And then came Nixon, Reagan and the so-called 'War on Drugs'.

I remember matchboxes................. Colorado late 70's early 80's too.............

The cost for everyone is different. The same is true regarding the gains.

The cost to my patients is they give up their growing rights in return for a consistent supply of quality medicine of a reasonable amount. My gain is in being able to grow, have legal access, and to increase my knowledge and skills.

It has been well worth it, I have learned a lot.

Government, regulations, and money does not fit in with the scenario of my patients and me. I don't see what they could do to make an improvement to my patients. I suppose if insurance were to cover an unlimited supply, but that would end up being a cost to the tax payers and a reduction in quality and safety.