Police Raid Two Medical Marijuana Shops; Owners Worry About Patients

no apology necessary for the question.

diddo^^

I fear nothing but bad people who behave badly and good people who remain apathetic.

testing the law, pushing the limits, relying on defendable notions.....risky

Behaving properly, in a properly controlled grow room, = near zero risk

Being a scheduled drug currently makes production risky on a federal level, but with only 1% of cannabis related fed busts

this is actually a very low risk.

I propose that if a person feels scared, or at risk for medical cannabis, perhaps they are correct, and do have reason to fear it, and should abstain. I also hope they would continue to support our right not to abstain, and recognize that their fear may be their very own, and not the status quo.

peace

Well, because dispensaries are not legal under the black and white law we (a community) wrote for sick patients. The fact that dispensaries have and continue to lobby every city and the state on why caregivers are dangerous, completely unsafe, dangerous to children, dangerous to neighbourhoods and selling marijuana that will hurt people.

Dispensaries started this fight. They are still trying to get rid of caregivers for their own profit. They are trying to remove home growing from the law for their own profit.

Next, no one is against a profit at commercial locations if they become legal. They simply are not. You can go buy marijuana and clones from any corner dime bag dealer(dispensary) that you find. Anyone including thousands of others are selling marijuana illegally and I could care less. I care because they are trying to legalize their trade on the backs of patients by stripping grow rights and forcing them into their shops, and/or trying to get rid of caregivers ability to grow and help patients because they are competition.

What a physician does is legal. What an attorney does is legal. Slight differences there Norby. Just slight....

Just because some police officers are "ok" does not excuse them for not fighting against the corrupt police officers. Same goes for dispensary advocates to me. Silence is feigned ignorance.

I see Hawaii just passed a dispensary bill today out of both houses. They will become a reciprocity state in 2018. At the cost of all caregivers losing growing privileges.

Yay!!!... Dispensaries win just because they only want to help patients...

And unity? UNITY? really?

I think unity is not screwing other people over.

Michigan may require all caregivers to have their meds tested. Why? Dispensary interests telling them so.

I mean seriously Norby. Do not excuse dispensaries because you happen to know a couple that aren't total arseholes. Most are still supporting the advocates out there saying horrible things about caregivers and patients inability to produce SAFE medicine and to provide SAFE access. They say it is not possible in a home or by a family member or a close family friend.

Sometimes....

I mean, you know how much trouble has been caused to patients and caregivers because dispensaries have said they are legal as caregivers? I mean,.. jail for people because these people KNOWINGLY LIE about what they do.

MPP wrote the law and very much so intended for dispensaries to evolve out of it. They wanted to include them but felt as though it would compromise the vote.

Dispensaries are not illegal.

MPP wrote the law and very much so intended for dispensaries to evolve out of it. They wanted to include them but felt as though it would compromise the vote.

MPP's intent for future laws and amendments means nothing at all.

The definition of a 'dispensary' can vary, but selling to people who are not legal patients connected specifically ON YOUR CARD (their actual name will be on your caregiver card) is plainly illegal as clearly defined by the courts.

jamieuke,

How many dispensary owners do you need to see holding their faces and crying before you quit sending them into the meat grinder for your own thrills? I can't imagine how a person with your baggage even sleeps in Michigan. Tar and feathers come to mind ....

Edited by Restorium2

Thanks again 

How do you feel about it  ?  Do you actually feel it is safe today to grow cannabis ?

Sorry i am just asking your opinion  thank you

I think it is safe to grow for your self and pt's connected to you thru the registry, and of course  you must stay within your numbers! and you cant be doing interviews and putting your name out there for leo to see! 

DONT GROW W/O YOUR PLASTIC AND LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!

Peace

How do you feel about it  ?  Do you actually feel it is safe today to grow cannabis ?

you should start a new thread with a poll :)

i feel safer growing marijuana than taking prescriptions , if that answers your question.

so taking prescriptions risk 4/10 for me

growing marijuana 3/10 for me.

Edited by t-pain

You can't have it both ways, the voters would have most likely passed it with dispensary language, but the facts are that MPP didn't add them to the proposal. 

Right now patients have unfettered access to caregivers, who are already doing their best to serve patients. All I've heard from patient testimonials is that they want access to testing, and to make sure they're not prosecuted for edibles and oils.

I haven't heard a story yet, about a patient dieing or filing a complaint against a caregiver for selling them "Poisoned" cannabis. 

Who knows maybe the opposition will come up with a story now that it was mentioned.

MPP very clearly stated there would be no dispensaries in Michigan because they left them out of the law specifically and advertised for 3 solid months before the election on radio and print that there would not be any dispensaries in Michigan under this law as passed.

Even to this very day, MPP says dispensaries are not legal in Michigan and that Michigan does not have a law that allows any kind of commercial dispensary and they wish that Michigan would pass a law and encourage Michigan to pass a law that allows them.

There is absolutely zero grey area here Jamie.

You can lie to yourself and listen to 4th rate attorneys tell you "If you hold your mouth just this way, then maybe...".

But any attorney worth their weight will tell you, commercial dispensaries actions are not legal in Michigan. MPP will tell you that.

Since they obtained all the surveillance, patient records, etc.,  what happens to the innocent patients who purchased from them?  Has their ever been a case where cops starting raiding patients just because they visited a dispensary?  

I do not think that is happening growing cannabis is a different story using cannabis in your home with a card i think you'll be OK 

MPP very clearly stated there would be no dispensaries in Michigan because they left them out of the law specifically and advertised for 3 solid months before the election on radio and print that there would not be any dispensaries in Michigan under this law as passed.

Even to this very day, MPP says dispensaries are not legal in Michigan and that Michigan does not have a law that allows any kind of commercial dispensary and they wish that Michigan would pass a law and encourage Michigan to pass a law that allows them.

There is absolutely zero grey area here Jamie.

You can lie to yourself and listen to 4th rate attorneys tell you "If you hold your mouth just this way, then maybe...".

But any attorney worth their weight will tell you, commercial dispensaries actions are not legal in Michigan. MPP will tell you that.

Thank you

if they are not legal how would an out of State patients get there Med's from ? that is how i feel and was told by lots of people and Lawyers 

Since they obtained all the surveillance, patient records, etc.,  what happens to the innocent patients who purchased from them?  Has their ever been a case where cops starting raiding patients just because they visited a dispensary?

yes.

"hope selling weed to the dispensary was worth all this!"

quote from dtf to grower/patient who sold to a nearby dispensary until it got raided, then two days later....wham!

good counts, good weights, good locks, good garden, stolen, no charges yet.

look deep into the records of seemingly lawful compliant caregivers , yet still raided for "no good reason". I suspect selling to a dispensary is a good enough reason for leo to raid and rob..go figure.

Whats more important to registrants than how not to get busted? Should they get advice from others who get busted, or others who do not.

Maybe its more important to discuss the things that keep the majority safe?

I've seen what happens when a wife in a bad marriage gets advice from another in a bad marriage? Always wondered why they wouldn't seek a successful marriage to discover how to have one, rather than a losing one to discover how to save one.

Some seem very concerned with what they can get away with, until they discover their limit, then, its the programs fault. We should celebrate those who follow the rules, because compliancy is difficult for some? The registrants that are following the rules are the positive votes for the system, not the court cases or plea bargains. None have paved more freedoms have they? Are the lawless ones increasing plant counts? stopping dispensary raids? I don't think so. But they are definitely shaping public opinion of my medicine, and that is shared at the voting polls.

Support positive behavior. Its easier to affirm positive behavior than to deal with negative behavior in a positive way.

but today dispensaries do buy all the oil they get their hands on. I've sampled oil from them, garbage mostly, black, runny, chem, like pouring alcohol through my roach jar to me. The dispensar's I know of(4) gobble this syringed packed stuff up.   When they get the real deal I think they must keep it for themselves. Not a bad thing for them, like a hock shop for unwanted weed and oils. Owner snags the good stuff, slings the rest.  America the beautiful!

There are no controls at the dispensary. They believe that a card holder would never narc on them is all. Its worth the cash and the risk to take the chance. Have at it, call it whatever helps them sleep at night. then take their damned plea and fug us all.   

avoid dispensaries, find a qualified caregiver or grow your own!   why give money to a criminal enterprise making profit on marijuana when we clearly did not vote for that?  could have left that to the cartels and 7-11 parking lots.

Hope you don't find a caregiver selling to the dispensaries!

Criminal, compassion, whatever you want to call it.  Any law against MJ isn't a law I recognize, although I do follow them, but only for safety from the real criminals.

Whats more important to registrants than how not to get busted? Should they get advice from others who get busted, or others who do not.

Maybe its more important to discuss the things that keep the majority safe?

I've seen what happens when a wife in a bad marriage gets advice from another in a bad marriage? Always wondered why they wouldn't seek a successful marriage to discover how to have one, rather than a losing one to discover how to save one.

Some seem very concerned with what they can get away with, until they discover their limit, then, its the programs fault. We should celebrate those who follow the rules, because compliancy is difficult for some? The registrants that are following the rules are the positive votes for the system, not the court cases or plea bargains. None have paved more freedoms have they? Are the lawless ones increasing plant counts? stopping dispensary raids? I don't think so. But they are definitely shaping public opinion of my medicine, and that is shared at the voting polls.

Support positive behavior. Its easier to affirm positive behavior than to deal with negative behavior in a positive way.

Fuk the public.  They are helping the public no matter how anyone sees it.  It is LAW ENFORCEMENTS fault.  But hey you guys look at it however you'd like.  Bust some, have towns give support to draw them out in the open then WHAM!  Use their compassion against them, I always say.(LEO)  Doesn't anyone find it disgusting for them to use compassion for sick people as bait?  Everyone needs to make a living.

Edited by Norby

agreed Norby. however, the lawlessness in the dispensary industry has not helped our cause one bit. Sure, the ones who haven't found a cg can score their needs, but that's the way its always been right?  people could always find cannabis, but now, we have slingers representing our future. I don't like it. I believe we should be the change we wish to see, represent responsibly.    We are NOT doing that while supporting the dispensary model, while its illegal.

I realize there are issues with supply without them, I do, and I don't claim to know the solution. But why register with the state at all if

buying weed from a criminal enterprise was the plan?

agreed Norby. however, the lawlessness in the dispensary industry has not helped our cause one bit. Sure, the ones who haven't found a cg can score their needs, but that's the way its always been right?  people could always find cannabis, but now, we have slingers representing our future. I don't like it. I believe we should be the change we wish to see, represent responsibly.    We are NOT doing that while supporting the dispensary model, while its illegal.

I realize there are issues with supply without them, I do, and I don't claim to know the solution. But why register with the state at all if

No, when I moved here I would have had to go back to NY for meds as no one trusts and old hippy who cut off all their hair.  Wouldn't have helped me if there weren't dispensaries.  Do you not want to take in refugees from other states who don't know anyone and want to grow their own meds?  Where would I get clones to cut down the time.  Where do I sample to find the right med for me?

I'm sorry you feel that way as thousands of patients feel they've paid their dues and should be able to go to a store.  I'm the perfect example of a caregiver/patient reliant on dispensaries because a caregiver extended my cannatonic wait by 5 months by giving me the wrong cut so that I was taking 2x as much THC(well the other THC was overdecarbed so maybe hi CBN, mal would love that!) until I got the results back from Iron Labs to be able to know it wasn't a hi CBD cut.  See what I'm getting at?

Edited by Norby

No, when I moved here I would have had to go back to NY for meds as no one trusts and old hippy who cut off all their hair. Wouldn't have helped me if there weren't dispensaries. Do you not want to take in refugees from other states who don't know anyone and want to grow their own meds? Where would I get clones to cut down the time. Where do I sample to find the right med for me?

I'm sorry you feel that way as thousands of patients feel they've paid their dues and should be able to go to a store. I'm the perfect example of a caregiver/patient reliant on dispensaries because a caregiver extended my cannatonic wait by 5 months by giving me the wrong cut so that I was taking 2x as much THC(well the other THC was overdecarbed so maybe hi CBN, mal would love that!) until I got the results back from Iron Labs to be able to know it wasn't a hi CBD cut. See what I'm getting at?

I do, I really do empathize. I don't claim to have the answer. I do know that our behavior has not helped our cause.

Needless raids, snitching patients, broken families, costly court proceedings, and worse have been lobbed at us in retaliation. Dispensary owners and their families are routinely targeted by military style raiders. Small trivial infractions are court exploited to set precedence. We all know the precedence the anti voters want to set.

There may be another way is all I'm saying, a better, less damaging way to bring our cause to fruition. We've thrown rotten vegetables at the king forever with no change in his venue. We could be putting our energy towards a positive vote for peaceful resolution instead of fighting with anger and lawlessness to get our way? or maybe not. but I'd like to see it.

It starts with following the rules, not testing them for weakness, imo.

Too many "entrepreneurs" came from out of state to try to exploit our Good Law.  Now they are trying to change the law to fit there business model and turn leo on the competition ( CareGivers and Home Grows).

Truth is youd have to be stupid to sell to a dispensary and for the most part the locals have stopped.  The  problem that persists are the out of state interests funding these bills and payin off the politicians.  Furthermore they are bringing in out of state meds to stock these dispensaries.

Shut These Guys DOWN

I test my meds every day.  No need to go to a lab.  I know what works for me.  So do You.

Say FK NO to Mandatory testing.

If you want to send a sample to the lab and pay thats your prerogative. But forcing anyone to test at your buddys lab is BS

Lets Get Civilized,,,,,Decriminalize

No, when I moved here I would have had to go back to NY for meds as no one trusts and old hippy who cut off all their hair.  Wouldn't have helped me if there weren't dispensaries.  Do you not want to take in refugees from other states who don't know anyone and want to grow their own meds?  Where would I get clones to cut down the time.  Where do I sample to find the right med for me?

I'm sorry you feel that way as thousands of patients feel they've paid their dues and should be able to go to a store.  I'm the perfect example of a caregiver/patient reliant on dispensaries because a caregiver extended my cannatonic wait by 5 months by giving me the wrong cut so that I was taking 2x as much THC(well the other THC was overdecarbed so maybe hi CBN, mal would love that!) until I got the results back from Iron Labs to be able to know it wasn't a hi CBD cut.  See what I'm getting at?

If your an old hippie you cant tell me you dont know how to get a hold of mj where ever you go!

I have moved all around this state, I dont know people when I move to new towns, I wind up meeting people, you know just about every one smokes mm, out of 15 people that work at our lil groceri store only maybe 5 dont use it but they know who does!

when I moved to this town It prob took me a month to find some one (before the law) to get smoke from, and I wound up meeting just about all of the people involved in mj, it took me one month to find it and a yr before they were all getting it from guess who?

I have been to many states pre mm laws and never had any issues finding mj while on vacation, or just a weekend, so I realy dont understand how some one that claims to be an old hippie cant find mj!

People that come from other states find there mm just like I found my mj, pt's dont get arrested for purchasing from some one they are not connected to in this state, it is the person selling to them that they are NOT connected to thru the registry that get arrested, so it makes sense that they are raiding despenses, as a c.g you can only have 5 pt's,  Despenses could not run legaly and stay within their c.g rules!  How can a place that has maybe 5 employee's (c.g's) sell to 100's or 1000's of pt's legaly?

Mostly people who are getting busted and fight the fight screw us not help us, ummmmm  a certain rich phaq comes to mind when I think about oil's, tinctures, and medibles come to mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Im not carruthers and he did alot of pt's wrong, do you think some one who never smoked any thing in their life wants to smoke mm to help their medical conditions?

I think an older person like my mom or dad would much rather have a sucker, or a drop or 2 of oil in their food or a brownie to ease their condition!

Stay within the law and you wont have issues, and I dont mean only the mm law, more times than not some one draws the cops to them for something stupid, like driving, domestic violence, disturbing the peace, go to a few mm cases and you will see in most cases it wasnt their grow that brought leo to them it was something stupid!

Peace

Wow ! 

Thanks 

Why register with the state at all if buying weed from a criminal enterprise was the plan? i think you need a card to buy cannabis from a Dispensary

I think they have helped  a lot right from the start of 2009 with out them their would have been less people getting cards some would take paper work or (  Rec. ) we all wanted the program to start off with a  big "Bang" 

Michigan had a medical marihuana program back in 80's but didn't get people to sign up it's on Google but hard to find 

But that's the way its always been right ? sorry i disagree Maybe the ones that where using cannabis before the Law passed sure but we wanted the ones that hadn't  used cannabis or the ones

that used it when they where a lot younger  because i feel that they where the ones that made up the 63%

Thanks again for talking about this in the open i think it helps the people that come here just to check things out just may want to stick around and it will keep them safer and out of Court