Police Raid Two Medical Marijuana Shops; Owners Worry About Patients

I still hope and expect the Supreme Court will rule that a card is de facto evidence of a bona fide physician relationship. It would follow that a purchase from anyone who uses said card is covered under the AD because the seller is acting as a patient's interim caregiver. All that is needed is that the patient agree to the transaction as evidence that the seller has been appointed that patient's caregiver by patient consent.  

I hope to see the decisions soon.

Edited by GregS

Please show me proof of these dispensary rules Bob? like requiring one to be over 18, or with a card, or etc?  I never saw one rule, except that they are not allowed.

Be funny when they require an illegal drug sellers to check id first ?

" we all wanted the program to start off with a big "Bang" "

and it did !. Bang ! you are in court!  BANG ! we cant travel with our meds in the back seat. BANG ! people associating with dispensaries are getting raided!

Bang ! NO MORE EDIBLES !  Bang !!!    You got exactly what you wanted eh.

"  we wanted the ones that hadn't used cannabis or the ones that used it when they where a lot younger because i feel that they where the ones that made up the 63%"   

of course that's how it was Bob, before the law those who used cannabis did indeed find it to use, or else they wouldn't be cannabis users right?  Anyone I've ever known using it was getting it illegally before the law.  I said "Sure, the ones who haven't found a cg can score their needs, but that's the way its always been right?" and you disagree?? before the Act there were no cg's. your friends got their smoke from their dealers, just like I did. because "that's the way its always been" what is there to disagree with ?

peace

who is "WE" and why would anyone fish for registrants regardless of age or disposition?

I still hope and expect the Supreme Court will rule that a card is de facto evidence of a bona fide physician relationship. It would follow that a purchase from anyone who uses said card is covered under the AD because the seller is acting as a patient's interim caregiver. All that is needed is that the patient agree to the transaction as evidence that the seller has been appointed that patient's caregiver by patient consent.  

Many troublesome issues would be solved if they ruled that way.

but you know better concerning your second point, to believe that jig would fly.

Edited by grassmatch

If your an old hippie you cant tell me you dont know how to get a hold of mj where ever you go!

I have moved all around this state, I dont know people when I move to new towns, I wind up meeting people, you know just about every one smokes mm, out of 15 people that work at our lil groceri store only maybe 5 dont use it but they know who does!

when I moved to this town It prob took me a month to find some one (before the law) to get smoke from, and I wound up meeting just about all of the people involved in mj, it took me one month to find it and a yr before they were all getting it from guess who?

I have been to many states pre mm laws and never had any issues finding mj while on vacation, or just a weekend, so I realy dont understand how some one that claims to be an old hippie cant find mj!

People that come from other states find there mm just like I found my mj, pt's dont get arrested for purchasing from some one they are not connected to in this state, it is the person selling to them that they are NOT connected to thru the registry that get arrested, so it makes sense that they are raiding despenses, as a c.g you can only have 5 pt's,  Despenses could not run legaly and stay within their c.g rules!  How can a place that has maybe 5 employee's (c.g's) sell to 100's or 1000's of pt's legaly?

Mostly people who are getting busted and fight the fight screw us not help us, ummmmm  a certain rich phaq comes to mind when I think about oil's, tinctures, and medibles come to mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Im not carruthers and he did alot of pt's wrong, do you think some one who never smoked any thing in their life wants to smoke mm to help their medical conditions?

I think an older person like my mom or dad would much rather have a sucker, or a drop or 2 of oil in their food or a brownie to ease their condition!

Stay within the law and you wont have issues, and I dont mean only the mm law, more times than not some one draws the cops to them for something stupid, like driving, domestic violence, disturbing the peace, go to a few mm cases and you will see in most cases it wasnt their grow that brought leo to them it was something stupid!

Peace

You think just any meds will work for someone with anxiety?  I'm supposed to just go to a bar to find a bag so you can be happy with the law? Do you have social anxiety?  I have met 2 people from the board in over a year and 1/2(one of which I got the mistaken canna #4 from).  What works for me may not work for you.  I haven't had to look for mj since 95, I'm a bit rusty.  And yes working where I did in new places, doing government work, it never went well.  I really haven't bought much cannabis since age 17.  I had problems finding pot in steamboat springs, co. when i had long hair(trust funders).  Texas was easy, just over the rio grande, but it sucked and gave me anxiety. Missouri it was a kentuckian working with us and I traded home brew for  pot, and that was nice, but it was thru work I knew him.  And when I worked in Boardman Oregon, I had to drive 5 hours to Bellingham, Wa to an oldfriend  who lived there.  I know no one in Michigan, I don't have a job and  my wifes job prevents me from asking anyone she would know. The law is supposed to work for everyone, in spirit.

That description would actually have the law make sense though.  i don't think they could have that. 

You think just any meds will work for someone with anxiety?  I'm supposed to just go to a bar to find a bag so you can be happy with the law? Do you have social anxiety?  I have met 2 people from the board in over a year and 1/2(one of which I got the mistaken canna #4 from).  What works for me may not work for you.  I haven't had to look for mj since 95, I'm a bit rusty.  And yes working where I did in new places, doing government work, it never went well.  I really haven't bought much cannabis since age 17.  I had problems finding pot in steamboat springs, co. when i had long hair(trust funders).  Texas was easy, just over the rio grande, but it sucked and gave me anxiety. Missouri it was a kentuckian working with us and I traded home brew for  pot, and that was nice, but it was thru work I knew him.  And when I worked in Boardman Oregon, I had to drive 5 hours to Bellingham, Wa to an oldfriend  who lived there.  I know no one in Michigan, I don't have a job and  my wifes job prevents me from asking anyone she would know. The law is supposed to work for everyone, in spirit.

I have anxiety norby and most smoke mellows me out, I realize that is not the case for every one, I havent had commercial mj in at least 15yrs and even than it was because I was waiting on a crop!  seeds have always been available and you should be growing your own if you can.  The only reason I said what I said is because you said you were an old hippie, I guess I dont know the meaning of an old hippie lol!

I was young when we had hippie flop houses where I grew up, I thought mj was one of the things they always had, and there are alot of old hippies around most just cut their hair and got jobs!

I guess you dont realize how many people smoke mmj and always have, Im 52 and my friends parents used to smoke and they still do if they are around.  It used to surprise me when I found out how many different people I have met smoke, teachers, house wives, plumbers, painters, cops, firemen, party store owners (back in the day when americans owned them) neighbors who I thought never would think of it do it,,,,,,and if they dont the know some one who does,,,,you may not find the exact strain you want but it should do untill you can grow your strain or find it!

I wish you the best!

Peace

that's it ! I figure it all out today. MY house was a "hippie flop house" !!!

I'lll never forget those sexy chicks with those bell bottom levis and braided hairs. Every one smelled like patchouli and there was love everywhere I turned. I never saw a fight at home, until those days were replaced with liquor. I never saw a day without a fight then, until I left. I like patchouli :wub::rolleyes:

I have anxiety norby and most smoke mellows me out, I realize that is not the case for every one, I havent had commercial mj in at least 15yrs and even than it was because I was waiting on a crop!  seeds have always been available and you should be growing your own if you can.  The only reason I said what I said is because you said you were an old hippie, I guess I dont know the meaning of an old hippie lol!

I was young when we had hippie flop houses where I grew up, I thought mj was one of the things they always had, and there are alot of old hippies around most just cut their hair and got jobs!

I guess you dont realize how many people smoke mmj and always have, Im 52 and my friends parents used to smoke and they still do if they are around.  It used to surprise me when I found out how many different people I have met smoke, teachers, house wives, plumbers, painters, cops, firemen, party store owners (back in the day when americans owned them) neighbors who I thought never would think of it do it,,,,,,and if they dont the know some one who does,,,,you may not find the exact strain you want but it should do untill you can grow your strain or find it!

I wish you the best!

Peace

I should've said I'm a young hippie at 45, the cut off my hair thing was the point.  I look like a narc now comparatively.

I realize how many people smoke and I realize how I felt when people asked me to do something illegal for them at a bar or somewhere.  With the anxiety I couldn't do it just as I couldn't help someone at a bar or someone i just met, I don't feel right asking someone else to do that.  If they have a storefront I can walk right in and feel normal and not anxious and hurried with only one choice.  i may be fine but why should someone trust me.

I'm all set now, that was the scenerio when I got here a year ago and I still haven't met anyone outside the dispenses or farmers mkt to get anything.

I understand I'm just always trying to throw out a different perspective.

Please show me proof of these dispensary rules Bob? like requiring one to be over 18, or with a card, or etc?  I never saw one rule, except that they are not allowed.

Be funny when they require an illegal drug sellers to check id first ?

" we all wanted the program to start off with a big "Bang" "

and it did !. Bang ! you are in court!  BANG ! we cant travel with our meds in the back seat. BANG ! people associating with dispensaries are getting raided!

Bang ! NO MORE EDIBLES !  Bang !!!    You got exactly what you wanted eh.

"  we wanted the ones that hadn't used cannabis or the ones that used it when they where a lot younger because i feel that they where the ones that made up the 63%"   

of course that's how it was Bob, before the law those who used cannabis did indeed find it to use, or else they wouldn't be cannabis users right?  Anyone I've ever known using it was getting it illegally before the law.  I said "Sure, the ones who haven't found a cg can score their needs, but that's the way its always been right?" and you disagree?? before the Act there were no cg's. your friends got their smoke from their dealers, just like I did. because "that's the way its always been" what is there to disagree with ?

peace

who is "WE" and why would anyone fish for registrants regardless of age or disposition?

Thanks

Our cards had a sticker put on it from the Court  

DEFENDANT'S EXHIBIT 

but we still couldn't use it 

Our cards had a sticker put on it from the Court  

DEFENDANT'S EXHIBIT 

but we still couldn't use it 

You dropped your appeal without having the Supreme Court rule on the issue. Had you stayed with it, the matter may have been addressed already. Now it is in question and the Court is deliberating and drafting decisions.

You dropped your appeal without having the Supreme Court rule on the issue. Had you stayed with it, the matter may have been addressed already. Now it is in question and the Court is deliberating and drafting decisions.

Bob had no money.  Attorneys were failing him. His physician failed him.  He had a very sick wife.

Do not punch the victim here.  He did what he had to.