What's The Point Of Voting When Lawmakers Ignore The Vote?

So I wonder, what is the point of having an initiative system if the legislature is just going to ignore what the people voted on? This isn't a story about marijuana. This is a story that should frighten everyone supporting any issue on the left or the right. What good is your GMO labeling initiative or your gun rights initiative or your reproductive rights initiative when we've established the precedent that the lobbyists can just have the legislature line-item veto your initiative's key provisions?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russ-belville/whats-the-point-of-voting_b_7266790.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

I think it's an ego thing. These idiots get their fat arse in those nice leather chairs and their heads get real big.

They play doctor, lawyer, engineer, economist, and educator all in one. "How dare so-called "experts" come into a committee meeting and tell me what to think?!" I don't think they all start this way, but wow.

Look at Amtrak. Huge accident, failing infrastructure, and what does congress do? Cuts 275 million from their funding. That f-ing curve would have had the safety brakes installed if we funded within the country instead of the oil fields in the middle east.

Edited by suneday11

Look at Amtrak. Huge accident, failing infrastructure, and what does congress do? Cuts 275 million from their funding.

The problem is, congress did only a partial job.  I wanted a LOTTA more than $275 million cut down to NO subsidy AND a doubling of the ticket fee, to make Amtrak pay its own way.  the median rider has household income of $65k, more than the average taxpayer, and certainly more than my household.  I don wanna subsidize folks making more than me.  I want Detroit buses subsidized in a bigger way, since the average rider has household income of only $23,000, like me.

Did reducing the Amtrak subsidy had anything directly to do with the accident?

Isn't that like blaming the rotten state of our roads for an accident when the driver was traveling around a 50 mph corner at more than twice the posted safe speed limit?

But what is really important is how the heck do I get the guy in the lab coat to be my caregiver?

And what kind of grow set-up produced product like that pictured in the class tubes?

But what is really important is how the heck do I get the guy in the lab coat to be my caregiver?

And what kind of grow set-up produced product like that pictured in the class tubes?

Just ask.....I wear a lab coat too! :P

Product like that?...... My patients get those every week for under 200 bucks an ounce! That's less than I paid for schwag for years!

Rock On!  :rock:
    For the Love of Calyx !!! :bbq:
    :ph34r: 
   :wub:
Edited by grassmatch

Who ignores the vote?

Polititians survive on it. Pundits make a living on it.

We are inundated by political adds daily.

Given a Good candidate or Benificial Bill , We Show Large

Everyone Needs to participate for democracy to work. The repubs are working hard to suppress your vote, obviously they are keeping score. The only way the1% can win an election is to lie , cheat, steal, and gerrymander.

Don't let the fknrepublicans tell you your vote don't count.

It really IS all we got.

Vote every chance you get.