Sen Jones Wants To Decrim Mip (Alcohol)

t-pain

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/05/minor_in_possession_would_move.html

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2015-SB-0332

Senate Bill 332 would retain the fines but eliminate the threat of jail time or a permanent criminal record. An initial civil infraction could cost up to $100, and a second violation could lead to a fine of up to $200.

urge your senators to sign onto this one.

Edited by t-pain

screw jones and his bill.. i see the good side, but its just a slap in the face to mmj/rec  save the children, just booze em up .. now is that anyway to save children,, I think not,, warped mofo that he is...

I hear they nicknamed this the Rave Bill,  enabling and encouraging underage alcohol consumption.

That's right, we dont have enough problems with underage drinking.  We need to spend time and resources to encourage and increase the carnage and destruction it brings to family of the victims of alcohol.

Everyone of us has been touched in some way by Alcohol Induced violence, auto accidents, Deaths, Rape

This bill is simply Wrong Headed

yep, who among us didn't drink while underage?

Yep, screw those brats ! Slam them with a permanent record that affects everything in their life from future employment, job opportunities, education opportunities, law enforcement contact, insurance premiums, and more. "Fukkem" might not be the best answer?

Did someone here suggest we legalize the behavior?

yep, who among us didn't drink while underage?

Yep, screw those brats ! Slam them with a permanent record that affects everything in their life from future employment, job opportunities, education opportunities, law enforcement contact, insurance premiums, and more. "Fukkem" might not be the best answer?

Did someone here suggest we legalize the behavior?

That doesnt sound "undecided" to me.

Alcohol Is the Gateway Drug.

Fortunately there are many reasonable and responsible young adults abstaining from activities that might hinder their futures.  

This bill is a band aid on a bullet hole.

Edited by beourbud

A careful examination of both sides of any issue may be a good way to arrive at the best conclusion no?

Mal is smarter in the ways of the politico, perhaps you should question his reasons for believing it best to make MIP a civil infraction instead of a misdemeanor. I bet he'd be glad to share his reason, and I would love to hear them too.

Alcohol Is the Gateway Drug.

Fortunately there are many reasonable and responsible young adults abstaining from activities that might hinder their futures.  

This bill is a band aid on a bullet hole.

Gateway drug?  Ok Nancy Reagan...

Fortunately there are many reasonable and responsible young adults that do not abstain from activities, and finally we are not going to ruin their future over it. 

I always just love listening to people that use drugs whining about people using drugs and thinking jail is the answer...

That is the exact reasoning that puts 800,000 marijuana users a year into police custody.

Stop the madness.

End the drug war.

(Which means no criminal penalties for personal use)

Jail is Not the Answer 

"using drugs"  You mean Medical Marijuana?

All "drugs " are not the same

Cannabis has been a Medicine for thousands of years.

Alcohol has destroyed lives and familys for just as long.

Jail is never where we want our youth.  

We need to resolve the issues that create their addiction.

No criminal penalties for personal use.

Sign Me Up!

The data is overwhelming   Alcohol has too many ill effects on society but especially our youth.

Cannabis...not so much.  Actually the negatives on the cannabis side are from the prohibition of it or War on Drugs

Cannabis and Alcohol are unfairly compared way to often.  Alcohol is much more dangerous 

Edited by beourbud

So does aspirin and peanuts.

Drinking is different than operating a vehicle impaired.

Yeah,  havent seen to many asprin or peanuts ,  lots and lots of bottles and cans though.

Dunno,,,,I hate that  anyone have to go to jail, but some seem hell bent to get themselves there.

Dont think we or this bill can fix stupid.

Have i made mistakes when i was young...hell yes

I'd like to think my experience might help other youth from making the same mistake.  Maybe wisful thinking

We all in this together.

I concur on the deaths by NSAIDs, my sister in laws daughter had terrible headaches, she took tylenol for her pain, it certainly killed her.... so yes NSAIDS kill every day.. 

Edited by Willy