Sen Jones Wants To Decrim Mip (Alcohol)

t-pain

arrested, bailed out, lawyered up, then drug and alcohol testing , community service , probation, court dates, counseling and or HYTA 7411.

for a 18 year old and a $5 beer at a party.

it makes even less sense for younger teens.

same with marijuana of course, one step at a time ?

jones is the worst worst worst. but i dont see any of the other goosesteppers in michigan legislature trying a similar bill.

has irwin joined in on this bill yet?

The primary difference between NSAIDs and acetaminophen lies in the way each relieves pain. Acetaminophen works primarily in the brain to block pain messages and seems to influence the parts of the brain that help reduce fever. That means it can help relieve headaches and minor pains. But it's not as effective against pain associated with inflammation. Acetaminophen is one of the most popular and widely used drugs for the treatment of pain and fever. It occupies a unique position among analgesic drugs. Unlike NSAIDs it is almost unanimously considered to have no anti inflammatory activity and does not produce gastrointestinal damage or untoward cardio renal effects.

Its mode of action has been a mystery until about one year ago, when two independent groups (Zygmunt and colleagues and Bertolini and colleagues) produced experimental data unequivocally demonstrating that the analgesic effect of paracetamol is due to the indirect activation of cannabinoid CB(1) receptors

ops story does not suggest allowing kids to drink, only to keep them out of jail, and without a criminal record is all. good start seemingly. Criminalizing alcohol, or even cannabis, does not make it go away, if we've learned anything from the war on drugs!

enabling and encouraging underage alcohol consumption.

That's right, we dont have enough problems with underage drinking.  We need to spend time and resources to encourage and increase the carnage and destruction it brings to family of the victims of alcohol.

I didn't notice anything about enabling, encouraging, or increasing underage drinking. I did notice it was all about underage jailing though. I imagine the carnage and destruction an under aged boy might bring to his own family when faced with a jail sentence for having a beer in the basement on jam night. If you really believe jailing underage kids for drinking you should definitely invest in private prison complexes, I hear they love to jail underage kids these days, you could profit big time, and keep those nasty prom criminals from bringing more carnage to our streets.

In fatal crashes in 2011, the highest percentage of drunk drivers was for drivers ages 21 to 24 (32 percent), followed by ages 25 to 34 (30 percent) and 35 to 44 (24 percent).

Michigan recognizes four exceptions to the general rule prohibiting minors from possessing, consuming, or purchasing alcohol:

• Employment. Minors may possess–but not consume--alcohol during regular working hours, in the course of employment by a licensed establishment. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (8).)

• Accredited postsecondary education. Minors may consume alcohol in an academic building under the direct supervision of a faculty member if the purpose of the consumption is solely educational, and the consumption is a requirement of the course. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (9).)

• Religious participation. Minors may consume sacramental wine in connection with a religious service or ceremony. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (11).)

• Undercover operations. Minors may purchase or receive alcohol at the direction of various law enforcement agencies as part of undercover operations. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (12)(a)&(b).) Such agencies may not, however, recruit minors for such operations at the scene of a minor’s violation of the general rule against purchase, possession, or consumption of alcohol. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (13).)

I didn't notice anything about enabling, encouraging, or increasing underage drinking. I did notice it was all about underage jailing though. I imagine the carnage and destruction an under aged boy might bring to his own family when faced with a jail sentence for having a beer in the basement on jam night. If you really believe jailing underage kids for drinking you should definitely invest in private prison complexes, I hear they love to jail underage kids these days, you could profit big time, and keep those nasty prom criminals from bringing more carnage to our streets.

In fatal crashes in 2011, the highest percentage of drunk drivers was for drivers ages 21 to 24 (32 percent), followed by ages 25 to 34 (30 percent) and 35 to 44 (24 percent).

Michigan recognizes four exceptions to the general rule prohibiting minors from possessing, consuming, or purchasing alcohol:

• Employment. Minors may possess–but not consume--alcohol during regular working hours, in the course of employment by a licensed establishment. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (8).)

• Accredited postsecondary education. Minors may consume alcohol in an academic building under the direct supervision of a faculty member if the purpose of the consumption is solely educational, and the consumption is a requirement of the course. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (9).)

• Religious participation. Minors may consume sacramental wine in connection with a religious service or ceremony. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (11).)

• Undercover operations. Minors may purchase or receive alcohol at the direction of various law enforcement agencies as part of undercover operations. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (12)(a)&(b).) Such agencies may not, however, recruit minors for such operations at the scene of a minor’s violation of the general rule against purchase, possession, or consumption of alcohol. (Mich. Comp. Laws Section 436.1703 (13).)

I must say i would much rather spend my time on MMJ than waste a second on a product that is directly linked  to the deaths of 100,000 a year.

You apparently  lack the empathy gene,  

Cannabis is unlike any other Medicine and should be Scheduled as Unique

Alcohol has been the ruin of so many, folk know and understand they rather bail their kid out than stop by the morgue.

Arent things bad enough? do we have to grease the wheels on this Crazy Train?

Anything for a buck right grass?

If you want to help these kids, spend time and resources to Lead and Mentor them.  Everybody needs somebody to love and care for them.  Nobody wants them in jail so we need to address the cause.

This is DOA

Edited by beourbud

I must say i would much rather spend my time on MMJ than waste a second on a product that is directly linked  to the deaths of 100,000 a year.

You apparently  lack the empathy gene,  

Cannabis is unlike any other Medicine and should be Scheduled as Unique

Alcohol has been the ruin of so many, folk know and understand they rather bail their kid out than stop by the morgue.

Arent things bad enough? do we have to grease the wheels on this Crazy Train?

Anything for a buck right grass?

If you want to help these kids, spend time and resources to Lead and Mentor them.  Everybody needs somebody to love and care for them.  Nobody wants them in jail so we need to address the cause.

This is DOA

op doesn't compare cannabis with alcohol. op story aims to stop jailing kids for drinking under the bridge.

So lets try this your way:

YOu must believe in jailing our youth. You must support the war on drugs. You must believe that incarcerating our youth for minor in possession will somehow keep others from possessing booze. You must think that putting our youth in jails increases your family safety. YOu must not care about those kids in jail. YOu like that idea actually.

Are you invested in the private prison industry perhaps? dividends slipping recently?

This is about jailing kids for MIP. Its not about murderous drunkards. Its not about cannabis, even if you want it to be.

btw, I have lost my father to alcohol, my father in law and my brother n law to drunk drivers, and a few friends to alcohol abuse. I've personally witnessed multiple marriages flushed, lots of kids abused, spousal abuse, crime and injury due to alcohol abuse. My son does not drink alcohol. I have three green bottled beers yearly. My wife shares them with me. Crazy eh, and I still believe that imprisoning our youth for an MIP is not the best approach.

Nobody wants them in jail so we need to address the cause.

Maybe the Parents of the minors with alcohol need to be accountable,   or are they to detached from the kid because , well, it was just an alcohol induced one night fling....14 years ago.  

I am involved with hundreds of youth that are abstaining because they have  seen and or lived thru  the carnage it brings and they want a future.

Edited by beourbud

I lack the empathy gene so when I considered this topic and the sponsor it made some sense Jones was supporting this concept.

As someone noted a one-hundred dollar fine isn't much of a deterrent. That made sense because this bill isn't intended to deter minors from drinking in my opinion.

Does anyone really believe lowering the penalties for MIP of alcohol will reduce underage drinking?

In fact, the law of supply-and-demand would suggest doing so will actually encourage minor's use of alcohol by making it less costly to do so.

Ever wonder whether this is Jones' intent?

After all, everyone here knows alcohol is many times more damaging to individuals and society than MJ. Even Jones whose approach might be summarized as the better drunk on booze than enjoying what old Abe described as the sweet taste of cannabis.