Michigan Cannabis Coalition Legalization Initiative

I would guess the fear is that the quasi legalization creates the path for destruction.  Giving the devil the vessel for  destruction of what we already have.  Michigan has a history for this and it took almost 30 years to get medical back. 

As I have said I am voting Yes  for Milegalize and MCC's proposal.  They are both better than what could be..(MRC) and worse even if the legislature resolves it.

I have intensely fought for the MMMAct for almost 7 years now.  There are none like me and CPU in Lansing truly looking out for the little guy.  Legalization is NOT my issue.  Good luck with it and I hope someone protects home growing from that side.  It isn't easy. Lansing is now more packed then ever with people trying to rip your rights away.  Caregivers will be tossed to the wind eventually I assume.  Patients will be at risk likely because a crappy legalization plan is put in place thus giving the legislature the exact excuse they need to get rid of the MMMAct.

Fear is genuine and should be.  If you don't think there are tons of people trying to get rid of caregivers and home growing and funnel everyone into a tax and regulate system that runs seed to sale with a minimum of people allowed to be involved,.... you are definitely not paying the slightest bit of attention to the real world.

There are pluses and minuses to this topic and even though you wrote something you think is good,it doesn't matter.  It WILL be amended the very first session it is voted in. Into what?  Probably something closer to an MRC model.  Think prairie plant and restricted grows with distributors.  So, even though your language may be 'good', that isn't the issue. It is what it becomes because you started with a crappy starting point that is easily manipulated and torn apart with the change of a few words.  All 3 proposals failed to remove marijuana from the criminal code.  MiLegalize glosses over it putting in a single section civil fine(that will either be immediately changed or removed) instead of basing the language on removal from criminal code completely.  MCC does nothing about it.

These are perfect vessels for destruction. I mean.... their 'our' laws.

Not knowing, I assume the fear is coming from somewhere in this zone.

Everyone supports legalization in this forum.  I am sure of that. How it is done is the problem.  I would have hoped for better from MiLegalize, but what ya expect when it is mostly business interests writing it.  More important to waste time on commercialization than hardcore personal rights.

But, I feel Milegalize and MCC are actually steps forward, so I will vote for both regardless.  May we do better in the future. :-)

Thanks Mal, you summed up my position better than I would have been able to articulate.

I however do not see myself voting for either MiLegalize nor MCC if either or both make the ballot.

t-pain, for the record;

Just because I do not believe these initiatives for legalization are the way to go does not mean

I stand with schuette.  Geesh, what kind of bs statement is that?

I however do not see myself voting for either MiLegalize nor MCC if either or both make the ballot.

It's a tough decision I am sure you will make in the voting booth.

Will you actually vote against legalization?  Never in a million years would I have I thought I could.  After seeing the pipeline and what might happen,... I can see it as a possibility depending on what actually hits the ballot.  So far, MCC is the only one with money.  MiLegalize has a fundraiser coming up. We will see.  They aren't hiring a firm for signatures and the last legalization proposal from Matt abel got  less than ten percent of needed sigs.  MRC says they have millionaires(I assume they have some) but have yet to see a red cent officially from them.

So far MCC is in the lead to get on the ballot. But it is a long time till 2016 election.  I am sure it will be interesting.

And don't forget the legislature isn't blind. They are looking at these closely and who knows what might happen there.

Geesh, what kind of bs statement is that?

an emotional statement made to evoke a reaction.

drawing the battle lines.

we're at war, you know? mexico is fighting the war with bullets and barrels of acid, over 50,000 casualties. various countries in asia are executing people for marijuana.

moms are going to prison for 30 years over a plant in kansas.

this isnt some game we're playing. if another state legalizing marijuana changes any of that i'm for it. its not about us only. its not about patients and caregivers only. its not about racism and black people only. its about everyone.

an emotional statement made to evoke a reaction.

drawing the battle lines.

There are no battle lines, there are realists and the uninformed. We already lost all battles when the current legislature gets up in the morning. They have nothing to offer us and just look for ways to take things away and give them to those with money. And so it will be until they are gone. Your only choice is to fight them or find some rich folks to ride their shirt tails. I choose to fight because I ride no shirt tails ever. These ballot initiatives are no different than the sale tax one where the legislature spent $10,000,000 to show how bad we need to get spanked. 

bill schuette wants marijuana illegal.

why do you stand with him??

i cannot believe i would see the day of patients and caregivers standing on schuettes side.

i'm not sure what fear that legalization or this quasi-legalization has fraught you with, but it must be very strong and articulable. i understand the fear of legislature changing the mmma, much like changes have begot oregon, washington and colorado. but i know the reality of what is happening right now, marijuana arrests at an alarming rate.

am i more afraid of current reality or future fear? current reality.

What Schuette wants is more money for enforcement and these ballot initiatives will give him just that. More rules that no one will follow and piles and piles of cash to punish them with. 

http://thecompassionchronicles.com/2015/06/16/56-of-michiganders-support-marijuana-legalization-the-milegalize-way/ 

DETROIT- A new poll by the Detroit News indicates 56% of Michigan residents favor legalizing the adult use of marijuana, a 5% increase from an April 24 survey published by MRG on the subject. That result favors the legalization proposal authored by the Michigan Comprehensive Cannabis Law Reform Committee (MILegalize).

The poll, which was conducted by the Glengariff Group Inc. for the Detroit News and WDIV, indicated a 56% overall Support, with 36% Opposed and 8% Undecided.

This poll is the second published on this subject in Michigan this year. The first, a Marketing Resource Group research poll published less than two months ago, found only 51% of Michigan residents wanted marijuana legalized, regulated and distributed in a way that imitates liquor sales in the state.

The two poll questions are very similar, except for the liquor issue. The MRG poll asked, “Would you support or oppose the legalization of marijuana for recreational use if it was regulated and taxed like alcohol?

“If you take the alcohol model out of the question, there is a ten percent increase in support by Michiganders for legalized marijuana,” said MILegalize chair Jeffrey Hank. “Our labeling and child-resistant packaging rules prove that we’re a pro-family values group.”

Two proposals to legalize and regulate the adult use of marijuana were approved to circulate petitions and collect signatures by the Board of State Canvassers on June 11. One proposal imitates the state’s alcohol distribution program; the MILegalize proposal gives local communities the upper hand in controlling legal marijuana-centered businesses.

Earlier this year residents of Detroit expressed outrage at the pervasive manner in which alcohol is sold and marketed in their city during a community group gathering on the north side. In May House Representative Kurt Heise (R-Plymouth Township) delivered negative remarks during a Committee hearing about the way the state’s Liquor Control Commission has disrespected his community’s wishes regarding the number of liquor licenses given in his area.

“This poll is a big win for the MILegalize proposal,” said Rick Thompson, a Flint native and resident who is on the Board of Directors of the MILegalize group. “It’s clear: the citizens want a program that supports people, not one that creates big government.”

MILegalize will launch their petition signature collection campaign on June 25 in a ceremony held on the steps of the Capitol Building in Lansing. A fundraising gala will be held the following day in Ann Arbor.

For more information regarding the MIlegalize proposal, visit: www.milegalize.com

Edited by cristinew

http://thecompassionchronicles.com/2015/06/16/56-of-michiganders-support-marijuana-legalization-the-milegalize-way/ 

DETROIT- A new poll by the Detroit News indicates 56% of Michigan residents favor legalizing the adult use of marijuana, a 5% increase from an April 24 survey published by MRG on the subject. That result favors the legalization proposal authored by the Michigan Comprehensive Cannabis Law Reform Committee (MILegalize).

The poll, which was conducted by the Glengariff Group Inc. for the Detroit News and WDIV, indicated a 56% overall Support, with 36% Opposed and 8% Undecided.

This poll is the second published on this subject in Michigan this year. The first, a Marketing Resource Group research poll published less than two months ago, found only 51% of Michigan residents wanted marijuana legalized, regulated and distributed in a way that imitates liquor sales in the state.

The two poll questions are very similar, except for the liquor issue. The MRG poll asked, “Would you support or oppose the legalization of marijuana for recreational use if it was regulated and taxed like alcohol?

“If you take the alcohol model out of the question, there is a ten percent increase in support by Michiganders for legalized marijuana,” said MILegalize chair Jeffrey Hank. “Our labeling and child-resistant packaging rules prove that we’re a pro-family values group.”

Two proposals to legalize and regulate the adult use of marijuana were approved to circulate petitions and collect signatures by the Board of State Canvassers on June 11. One proposal imitates the state’s alcohol distribution program; the MILegalize proposal gives local communities the upper hand in controlling legal marijuana-centered businesses.

Earlier this year residents of Detroit expressed outrage at the pervasive manner in which alcohol is sold and marketed in their city during a community group gathering on the north side. In May House Representative Kurt Heise (R-Plymouth Township) delivered negative remarks during a Committee hearing about the way the state’s Liquor Control Commission has disrespected his community’s wishes regarding the number of liquor licenses given in his area.

“This poll is a big win for the MILegalize proposal,” said Rick Thompson, a Flint native and resident who is on the Board of Directors of the MILegalize group. “It’s clear: the citizens want a program that supports people, not one that creates big government.”

MILegalize will launch their petition signature collection campaign on June 25 in a ceremony held on the steps of the Capitol Building in Lansing. A fundraising gala will be held the following day in Ann Arbor.

For more information regarding the MIlegalize proposal, visit: www.milegalize.com

Thanks for the post i didn't see this until after i posted mine sorry if someone wants to take my post down am OK with that

• 4 weeks later...

oh man. they messed up big time.

are you ready for this?

so you can buy it from a licensed facility, but cannot possess it as you walk to your car.

you can share it with your 21+ buddies, but they cant possess it in a public place (sidewalks, roads, parks, gov buildings)

seriously, someone needs to contact these people and fix this.

unless they want drive-thru only dispensaries LOL

Sounds Like a Phishing Expedition........................ to make more criminals on paper it sounds like

Hello everyone, and thank you for sharing an interest in the MI legalize Oakland County Chapter!

We are super excited to have your support. The more we can work together to collect signatures for the 2016 ballot, the closer we come to legalizing Cannabis in Michigan. Hell yeah!

If you have questions or concerns about anything concerning MI Legalize's efforts, literature, events, etc., this is how you can reach us. Please feel free to send an email to milegalizeoakland@gmail.com anytime! We are also in the process of setting up an official MI Legalize Blog where you will be able to find information about upcoming events, important news, and updates on how signature collections are going. 

If you are interested in volunteering to collect signatures, mandatory training sessions will be held throughout the month of July:

Sunday, July 19th: Northern Lights Hydroponic & Garden Supply 
Royal Madison Plaza Shopping Center 29090 N Campbell Rd, Madison Heights 48071 
Training from 10am until 11am

Sunday, July 19thThe Flower Factory Hydroponics 
2223 E Highland Rd, Highland Charter Township 48356 
Training from noon until 1pm

Every WednesdayDessert Oasis Coffee Roasters
336 S Main St. Rochester 48307 
Training from 6pm-8:30pm

Check out the blog for upcoming events and petition locations!

Peace, love, and cannabis. :-)

The MI Legalize Crew