Msp Crack Down On Dispensaries In Otsego County

t-pain

• 2 weeks later...

Those stories do annoy me.  Maybe if the owners of this dispensary had simply helped all those patients retain caregivers like the law says to do, these patients wouldn't be stuck right now.  This dispensary owner was GREEDY and wanted all the money for himself instead of helping others attain the CGs they needed.  This is the dispensary owners own greed that caused this and lack of true compassion to his client patients. (btw, that period is bolded)

Mal you of course are entitled to your opinion.

however the fact remains - some patients prefer to spend the extra money to go to a dispensary instead of signing a caregiver. (otherwise the dispensaries would not exist)

some people WANT them.

many people WANT them.

is it imperative that we bow to the administration and not expand the program?

look... in nearly all of American History it took ordinary citizens having the courage to stand up to the "current powers that be" to significantly advance any sort of real change.

conform if you must.

push the edge if you must.

but be sure to ensure your motivation is to help the wounded and sick and not to profit.

i know the message is confused.. people are often times conflicted when it comes to dispensaries...

i support them.

in whole and in part.

i support them because i have seen far to many patients use them and be satisfied.. i know in my head i could do so much better for each and every one of those individuals - however i have to succumb to the reality that i am only one man and i am very much restricted as to how much i can help.

if i could help more people i would absolutely and for certain do so.

dispensaries exist because patients use them.   Nothing more. Nothing less

We can expand the program, through legislation or initiative.  We simply haven't been able to yet.

Until then,... a caregiver is the best choice.

People can go buy from corner dime bag dealers and dispensaries(same thing to me) and prefer it if they want and end up in the circumstance these patients are in currently.

This sentence seems strange. they were just caregivers for quite a while, now they are dispensaries and not caregivers? Aren't they just offering to be unregistered caregiver for any patient that walks up to the door as it stands now?

perhapse patients dont like waiting months for medicine to be grown, or maybe they dont want to sign up and send money to lara. i dont know, nor do i care.

its one of the reasons i asked why there was a protest in the first place.

to get the answers you'll have to ask those patients who protested.

Until then,... a caregiver is the best choice.

best choice..

for whom?

everyone?

in every scenario?

or just those who want to stay section 4 compliant?

what if you live in a metro area and you WANT to use a dispensary?

where is the problem?

let me rephrase...

how can any one in Michigan be charged with cannabis as a schedule one offense after we passed a MEDICAL CANNABIS law?

its nonsense.

its circular

its ridiculous.

but it is the way it is...

so i will bow to your argument because i HAVE to... not because i agree in any sense of the freedoms of this country i fought to preserve...

i think MY legislation is WAY OFF BASE in this

i intend to prove it...

i put my life on the line for this country and all it stands for so i know for a fact i have a say in how it operates.  I am a ordinary American citizen and i say i am DONE with the legal system persecuting anyone for cannabis use or distribution.

its ignorant.

arrest child predators each and every time first.

if you are LEO and you have a single second to think about what matters.. do not waste your time with cannabis... seriously investigate child abuse instead EVERY TIME.

whats important in this world?

Foster didn’t let the pain or his prosthetic leg hold him back Monday as he and about 50 other medical marijuana patients and caregivers protested

Um, did those caregivers offer to sign up those patients?

Offer to help those patients find caregivers?

Also, if these dispensaries are operating under sec 8,... why is it even the slightest surprise they were arrested and all their stuff confiscated?

“These raids left hundreds without access to medical marijuana throughout the entire city,” she said. “There have already been reports of patients with serious illnesses like (multiple sclerosis) without their medicine and now they have been hospitalized.”

The compassion of operating under Sec 8. 

• 4 weeks later...

GAYLORD — Arrests connected to a series of raids conducted in May at eight medical marijuana dispensaries are beginning to be made by the Michigan State Police and troopers hope to complete the arrests within the next few weeks.

Detective Lt. Ken Mills, unit commander of Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement (SANE), confirmed Friday arrests have begun, starting last week, of several medical marijuana dispensary employees on varying marijuana-related charges.

Mills was unable to provide specific information, though he said a "handful" of individuals have been apprehended, with some facing marijuana delivery and other charges.

"Cases are going all the time and we are arresting people on a fairly regular basis," he said. "I know we have been submitting warrant requests to our prosecutors in the area pretty regularly."

According to Chad Morrow, an employee at Gaylord Provisions, 115 S. Wisconsin Ave., another Gaylord Provisions employee, an approximately 26-year-old man, was arrested Thursday around 5 p.m. on charges of delivering and manufacturing marijuana and maintaining a drug house.

Morrow said the man was expected to be arraigned Friday afternoon.

Ryan Allen, another Gaylord Provisions employee, spoke with State Police troopers Thursday while they were at the scene. According to Allen, the troopers said they were from a fugitive team and had been sent to arrest the man. They allegedly told Allen they did not know the charges, there was no bond set and he would later be arraigned.

Morrow said he had heard at least a few more Otsego County medical marijuana dispensary owners had been arrested as well. He said he believes these arrests are connected to the medical marijuana raids May 27 in Otsego County, organized by SANE and carried out with the help of several other police agencies.

Gaylord Provisions was among the eight dispensaries raided last May, where an estimated $5,000 worth of items were confiscated at the shop, including equipment, marijuana products and cash.

• 4 weeks later...

OTSEGO COUNTY — An official from Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement (SANE) has confirmed the arrests of three more individuals in connection to the raids of several Otsego County medical marijuana dispensaries May 27.

Detective Lt. Ken Mills, unit commander of SANE, a Michigan State Police organization, said three more individuals have been arrested as a result of the Otsego County medical marijuana dispensary raids. The individuals were arrested on varying charges, including delivery of marijuana, possession with intent to deliver marijuana and maintaining a drug house.

Two more individuals connected to an Otsego County medical marijuana dispensary were also arrested, Mills said, though their arrests were not connected to the May 27 raids.

With the addition to these three recent arrests, the total arrest numbers connected to the raids have swelled to eight.

Mills previously said SANE and other troopers began arresting suspects during the week of July 6.

Five medical marijuana dispensary employees were previously apprehended and arraigned, including Alan Witt of Gaylord Provisions; Douglas Sides and Karen Sides, owners of Natural Remedies; and Deborah Conklin and Gage McGuire from another local dispensary Mills could not immediately recall.

Douglas Sides and Karen Sides were arrested and arraigned June 29 and face charges of delivering or manufacturing a controlled substance.

According to the Otsego County courts website, McGuire faces two counts of delivering or manufacturing a controlled substance, while Conklin faces one count of the same charge. Witt faces charges of delivering or manufacturing a controlled substance and maintaining a drug house. He was arraigned July 10 and arrested July 9.

These arrests are the result of raids last May, when eight dispensaries were raided and several items were confiscated including marijuana, cash, vehicles and other items.

Two men have been charged in connection to a medical marijuana dispensary raid.

Jerry Jub and Richard Carter were arraigned in Otsego County on drug charges in July based on investigations that began in 2014.

This comes after several arrests have been made in the area from unrelated raids earlier in May.

Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement has been investigating.

They believe the two men were violating medical marijuana statute rules for caregivers.

Jub and Carter will be back in court later this month.

http://www.9and10news.com/story/29737528/two-connected-to-otsego-co-medical-marijuana-dispensary-raid-charged

Edited by bobandtorey

• 2 weeks later...