Soaking Seeds In Colchicine Doubles Or Quads Potency?

pic book

so what is the limit for upping thc?

say you take seeds, soak them, plant them and run as a seed crop.  

harvest the seeds, soak those seeds, plant them, run as a seed crop.  that's where I am now with afghan kush.

I could go on ad infinitum.  Is there any limit to the upping?  Could i get a crop of ak that is 99% thc?  

I've only soaked two series of afghan kush seed runs. 

is there some science that defines a limit?

Edited by pic book

what???

Picbook first to admit producing Genetically Modified Cannabis(GMO!)  !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a game changer Pic. what directions did you follow concerning length of soak, strength of soak, rinsing, etc ?  How have you identified

successful genetic modifications?   Are you offering these for sale?  Have you smoked any yet?  is it double the potency ? 

colchicine only doubles the amount of chromosomes, and only rarely. The chances that you actually have succeeded in this with a simple soak are very low.

Hundreds of seeds soaked correctly will not be viable. One will pop from 300 hundred, that actually doubled the chromo's, and survived.  Rare Dnakness has a 27%

ghost train haze, and I challenge anyone here to choose a properly finished plant,  and finish a whole joint without puking, falling down, and sleeping for a day. There is no such thing as "100% thc" in a plant. This is accomplished in an absolute concentration. For a plan to have 100% thc, there would be no plant waxes, no plant material, and no other constituents, which amount to hundreds of compounds in cannabis.

good luck, and be careful with this chemical.

Edited by grassmatch

I've got libraries of pictures submitted to Skunk Magazine....featuring "Hash Tips" . I accomplished thee with a 10,000k bulb, similar to a tanning booth bulb.

Expensive to make, but very unique, very potent, and no chems. The plant produces thc as a UV protection for the seeds mom is producing. The 10000k bulb really upsets the balance and the thc literally drips, looking like a white snow cap covered mountain.

I'd say if your afghan doesn't kick your azz hard when normally grown, choose a different strain my man, or a different style.

be careful here, I was thread bombed here for mentioning I was growing my cannabis in specialized specific natural composted materials in order

to influence terpene profiles.  No matter for me, and once proven possibly, I'll culture the anomaly for you(and me of course) if interested, and make thousands of

alien genetics seeds for your use......

I cant imagine the  whooping you might receive here for using a prescription Gout medication to influence your terpene profiles.....

what???

Picbook first to admit producing Genetically Modified Cannabis(GMO!)  !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a game changer Pic. what directions did you follow concerning length of soak, strength of soak, rinsing, etc ?  How have you identified

successful genetic modifications?   Are you offering these for sale?  Have you smoked any yet?  is it double the potency ? 

colchicine only doubles the amount of chromosomes, and only rarely. The chances that you actually have succeeded in this with a simple soak are very low.

Hundreds of seeds soaked correctly will not be viable. One will pop from 300 hundred, that actually doubled the chromo's, and survived.  Rare Dnakness has a 27%

ghost train haze, and I challenge anyone here to choose a properly finished plant,  and finish a whole joint without puking, falling down, and sleeping for a day. There is no such thing as "100% thc" in a plant. This is accomplished in an absolute concentration. For a plan to have 100% thc, there would be no plant waxes, no plant material, and no other constituents, which amount to hundreds of compounds in cannabis.

No way, man.  Colchicine is a known THC-multiplier!  27% doubled is 54%.  Quadrupled it's 108%!!!  So it is possible! :lol:

Here's an interesting article on using colchicine.

http://cannabis.com/growing/advanced_breeding-what-is-colchicine-and-how-is-it-used.html

Colchicine is sold by laboratory supply houses, and breeders have used it to induce polyploldy in Cannabis. However, colchicine is poisonous, so special care is exercised by the breeder in any use of it. Many clandestine cultivators have started polyploid strains with colchicine. Except for changes in leaf shape and phyllotaxy, no out- standing characteristics have developed in these strains and potency seems unaffected. However, none of the strains have been examined to determine if they are actually polyploid or if they were merely treated with colchicine to no effect.

Seed treatment is the most effective and safest way to apply colchicine. * In this way, the entire plant growing from a colchicine-treated seed could be polyploid and if any colchicine exists at the end of the growing season the amount would be infinitesimal. Colchicine is nearly always lethal to Cannabis seeds, and in the treatment there is a very fine line between polyploidy and death. In other words, if 100 viable seeds are treated with colchicine and 40 of them germinate it is unlikely that the treatment induced polyploidy in any of the survivors. On the other hand, if 1,000 viable treated seeds give rise to 3 seedlings, the chances are better that they are polyploid since the treatment killed all of the seeds but those three.

Rare Dnakness has a 27%

ghost train haze, and I challenge anyone here to choose a properly finished plant,  and finish a whole joint without puking, falling down, and sleeping for a day

Oh please...lol. No strain has ever done that to me, nor will it ever.

no reason for you to sample that one then, it's not a desired effect anyways.

strange, because I feel that way from the high cbd strains that I've grown also.

along with most edibles I've tried, and that Cannatonic Ia patient shared with me from a dispensary cutting.

With varying garden habit, techniques, and parameters, added to mystery genetics from one seed pack to another/one friend to another, its no wonder we all may endure very different effects from the "same" strains. Some strains that I despise are cherished by others, while some that do nothing for me are the savior for others.   some folks only use edibles, while I get sick from them.

I hope you never have to experience any negative effects from cannabis, but know that others may.

Edited by grassmatch

wild bill:  thanks for quoting that.  most amazing thing to me (after the care that must be used with the lethal chemical, colchicine), is that colchicine kills almost every seed it touches.

i didn't know i was producing gmo anything.   afghan kush is so yieldy but not so thc-ie.  i wanted more punch to the smoke.

i'm waiting to get cash for the testing fees... so far i'm too scared to smoke the resulting bit of bud i got with the seed runs, cause I'm afraid the weed might be poisonous, like happens with bud when silver chloride is applied to a female plant to make female pollen.

i'm just feeling my way along, hoping to get knock-out afghan kush smoke plus knockout yield but yet not kill myself smoking what I've grown, or poison myself and suffer but not die.

certainly, patients have offered to smoke the resulting product, but if i'm not sure it is safe. I cant allow that.

(they have also offered to smoke silver chloride treated bud).

haven't allowed that either.

I don't think it would pass from the seed to the finished herb. You'd need to worry if you were spraying the plant and then smoking it.

What I got from it was that the seed needs a dose just short of killing it to make it mutate. If you give it enough to kill it and it doesn't die then you end up with altered genes.

Doesn't seem like you could predict an outcome though. Unless you're doing gene splicing you would think that any change would be more or less random.

What I'd love to get it to do would be to grow round leaves or something like that duckfoot strain.

pic,

I've grown a dozen or so packs of DNA Afghan kush and my keepers were tested @ 16% and 2cbd, a solid punch for my registrants and me for sure.

Maybe try a different afghan kush. I never heard a low potency concern from the famed Afghan Kush.

note; of all the seeds grown(afghani) and the herb tested none were slouches, all were keepers, but the one I chose to keep was my stinking azz cherry

phenotype.

no worries of colchicine in your finished product if you only soaked the seeds.

colchicine is taken commonly for gout. Colchicine is an alkaloid prepared from the dried corns and seeds of Colchicum autumnale, the autumn crocus or meadow saffron, and is an anti inflammatory

Edited by grassmatch

no reason for you to sample that one then, it's not a desired effect anyways.

strange, because I feel that way from the high cbd strains that I've grown also.

along with most edibles I've tried, and that Cannatonic Ia patient shared with me from a dispensary cutting.

With varying garden habit, techniques, and parameters, added to mystery genetics from one seed pack to another/one friend to another, its no wonder we all may endure very different effects from the "same" strains. Some strains that I despise are cherished by others, while some that do nothing for me are the savior for others.   some folks only use edibles, while I get sick from them.

I hope you never have to experience any negative effects from cannabis, but know that others may.

All I'm saying is no strain has ever made me puke, fall down or sleep for a whole day....

what???

I'll take that challenge... shall we set a lunch date? ;)

I'll take that challenge... shall we set a lunch date? ;)

sure thing ! you have access to that strain?

I keep it in the tissue culture closet, but I only let it loose a couple times. None of my patients are interested in more than the novelty of the ridiculous hybrid. It wan the High Times strongest strains ever award a couple years ago, and that lured me. its not always available at the seed banks so I decided to keep it in stasis in case someone ever needs this.

Its not such a far fetch ya know, to think about over dosing on dabs, or consuming a thc absolute(crys, etc) that THC can cause sickness/sleep/nausea/puking. I've experienced this from a simple medicated cookie in the past. I use a no heat extraction, and eat it without heating it, and that is pleasant. Cooked, or heated and I am sick to my stomach, dizzy and very tired, sometimes for two days, a report I've heard from others and edibles.

when I sampled the RD hybrid I immediately felt the same doom as those medibles, not sure why, except the high thc within, but really no idea of the cbd's either, and those are not pleasant in normal/high doses to me.

I'd gladly do lunch with a twist with you though, and I could offer a much better experience than rare dankness offers. :)

maybe we're weak kneed light weight patients...?

I have to question grow habits/styles when someone believes their cannabis to be "weak".

There a bunch of reasons a cannabis plant might not fully express, but when they do, rarely does any come off as "weak" in my experience. I've sampled several/several hundred strains from seed vendors and all but two had serious medical applications. Even the RD is a medical strain in my book, maybe a very special one someday who knows.

Edited by grassmatch

Agree grass. I too have been nauseated by edibles that were too strong. Loss of balance and slight weakness also. I stay clear of those 25+% and the super concentrates.

well, now...I do likes me some super concentrates. They taste magical and the essence is instantly absorbed in a swift vapor. There's something very special to me about connecting with a newborn plant, smells and textural changes through maturity. Followed into flower and those sixty days go by so fast. The intense aroma's begin to give way to the intentions of the flower, and I cant resist a brief touch of her sticky treasure, sometimes tasting an early hidden calyx, my favorite part of her. While drying, her scent changes, spongy texture and awesome aroma is forever burned into my mind. when its the most special of the best, I've enjoyed sampling her concentrates n moderation, even, and that connection from birth to vapor is complete. ahhhh. A delicate transfer of electricity, to life, and back to me.

(whatever, I know, right..) :rolleyes::fpc:

Edited by grassmatch

• 1 year later...

didn't DJ Short use colchicine in his breeding of his Blueberry strains?

I always thought that was the reason for the seeds that grew the disformed seedlings that one would normally cull?

I found one in a pack of Blueberry from Dutch Passion that worked it's way out of the disformations and became a perfect example of an early flowering above average producer of and indica dominant Blueberry...

unfortunately like most Blueberry I've ran, it had a euphoric high that was short lived leaving me edgy and wanting more and uncomfortable (like crack weed)

KF