Soaking Seeds In Colchicine Doubles Or Quads Potency?

pic book

I never understood the hype for his blueberry.

the deformed seedling that I kept from the seedpack was an exceptional looking plant and she was a standout in a garden with at least 10 other strains

it was an Indica pheno and finished around 50 days and looked fabulous with blue hues and chunky solid buds...

but what a letdown when it came to effect :-(

as I stated in my other post, it had a subtle euphoric high but sure didn't have the Blueberry flavor that folks claim

I considered it a 'lightweight' strain that was not for the seasoned smoker

on the other hand, some well known breeders like Steve from Spice Of Life have used it in their breeding programs and had success Skishkaberry and Sweettooth#3 are prime examples

although I found both of those strains to have great structure...neither were very potent and no keepers :-(

I also ran Flo and it was a letdown as well :-(

BUT I have found other crosses made with the Blueberry to be fantastic

Indigo Blue (who else remembers this one?) and Blue Dream to be worthy but the parents were very potent to start with

I personaly don't think anyone has successfully bred the hermi trait out of the Thai strains (my humble opinion)

so I have never used it for seedmaking

I do admit I would LOVE a shot at the Durban/Thai Highflyer that the Super Sativa Seed Club offered back in the day

the Brothers Grimm used it in a cross with C99 (DTC99) that they claim was some of their best work

the DTC99 F2's were available from Dutch Flowers and I regret not picking up a pack or 2...

one of the best crosses I 'let get away' was from a pack of (Apollo13/Trip x Apollo11)x Space Queen (the original)

the 'Trip' referenced their use of the Durbin/Thai High Flyer

I found a pheno that finished in 6 weeks and though she was a low yielder, the finished product tasted like peach cobbler that made my mouth water :-)

and had a soaring sativa effect that was my all time favorite daytime smoke

I called her Trippin'SpaceQueen and;- she quickly became somewhat of a legend at festivals in the Ohio music scene

she is another one that 'got away' :-(

all that being said I have recently cloned a Blueberry plant for a buddy who was having trouble with his aerocloner and was afraid to lose her because he was given a pack of beans directly from DJShort when he met him in Cali at a mj event

I kept a couple of extras so I might give her another chance if I ever find the time

KF

Edited by kindfolk

what???

Picbook first to admit producing Genetically Modified Cannabis(GMO!)  !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a game changer Pic. what directions did you follow concerning length of soak, strength of soak, rinsing, etc ?  How have you identified

successful genetic modifications?   Are you offering these for sale?  Have you smoked any yet?  is it double the potency ? 

colchicine only doubles the amount of chromosomes, and only rarely. The chances that you actually have succeeded in this with a simple soak are very low.

Hundreds of seeds soaked correctly will not be viable. One will pop from 300 hundred, that actually doubled the chromo's, and survived.  Rare Dnakness has a 27%

ghost train haze, and I challenge anyone here to choose a properly finished plant,  and finish a whole joint without puking, falling down, and sleeping for a day. There is no such thing as "100% thc" in a plant. This is accomplished in an absolute concentration. For a plan to have 100% thc, there would be no plant waxes, no plant material, and no other constituents, which amount to hundreds of compounds in cannabis.

good luck, and be careful with this chemical.

Heresy, heresy I say. Such a buzz kill to imply 100% is not possible. Shame on you GM :-)

There is no limit per se.  The more colchicine the more THC.  Theoretically if you use enough you could get plants that are more than 100% THC.  It's sort of an over-unity situation where the plant would just start shedding hash-like substance faster than you could catch it.  

I'm more than 100% positive that you can't have more than 100% THC.

I never understood the hype for his blueberry.

I hear where you are coming from. Blueberry is one of the strains that really walks the line of a bust. We are now on our third blueberry in a few years. Here's the deal; you need to crack 20 seeds to catch one you could call a winner. That's about $300+ from the man himself. blueberry suffers from some of the fastest genetic drift that I have ever seen. That's not to say that all will drift, or that a drift will happen quickly. There's no doubt that blueberry is a winner, but she comes with some genetic inferiority imo. With that said, it's my favorite strain and worth the continued effort. Mmm... Blueberry licorice sugar bomb! Me thinks the next two will be bloo-goo hash :)

Wet

Edited by WET

• 3 weeks later...

Someone at a lab once apparently went through a superficial calculation of average gland size to surface area of a calyx and estimated the max amount of glands per calyx and estimated the high side cannabinoid content of a gland and came out to something in the low or mid 30's as the theoretical max % a plant could grow. Bunch of assumptions and estimates, but for what it is worth and all

Someone at a lab once apparently went through a superficial calculation of average gland size to surface area of a calyx and estimated the max amount of glands per calyx and estimated the high side cannabinoid content of a gland and came out to something in the low or mid 30's as the theoretical max % a plant could grow. Bunch of assumptions and estimates, but for what it is worth and all

Try an actual (non-theoretical) value of almost 40%, at least according to the chart shown here.

Edited by zachw

• 4 years later...