Milegalize Known Pitfalls ?

Bill Schuette will have to endorse anything that becomes Michigan Law because he is Snyder's go to guy on Michigan Law. There is no path around him until he is gone. He will be the conservative candidate for governor in 2018. Gov. Grandholm barely signed our medical law. Yup, they do have a choice in the matter. You can't wave the bird at them and expect them to sign it. 

No one can sell anything to anyone without a license.

Better worker protections needed.

No public smoking anywhere, even private clubs.

Lack of removal from criminal code.

Fiddling with medical marijuana and trying to put it under the cloud of legalization creating unneeded confusion..

And more..

Still voting for it IF they make the ballot.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/2008-11-05/background-grafs-prop-1

Opponents of the initiative, including Gov. Jennifer Granholm and Attorney General Mike Cox, said the ballot language doesn't clearly stipulate how patients would obtain marijuana and voiced concern that a change in the law would cause an increase in crime and violence.

http://www.pridesource.com/article.html?article=29484

what do you think is the likliehood, the line in vegas, if you will; what are the chances we will lose (home grow rights) in november 2016?

i put it at 91 to 1, i.e., we will lose grow rights by an overwhelming vote.  the issue is shaping up to be, which iniative best nurtures a Golden Roach Tax into a golden goose of cash flow for the state?

Edited by pic book

mal, i'd characterize it as 0-4 plants for mcc. but probably zero for most of the state.

No public smoking anywhere, even private clubs.

private club, by definition, isnt a public place. just gotta have membership cards or whatever.

Fiddling with medical marijuana and trying to put it under the cloud of legalization creating unneeded confusion..

probably goes hand in hand for the stupid protections in congress for not going after medical states. although i dunno how well regulated this is. not like the dea cares either way.

It went into effect on Dec 4 whether she signed it or not.  I do think she did sign it the last day though. Doesn't make any difference though.

Exactly. You would have to remember it. I remember sitting there talking with Paul Stanford and we laughed about her signing it. Those were the best days of Michigan Medical Marijuana, before all the BS. 

after mmma supports this initiative, and it goes into effect, will cg's still be able to sell to their five registered patients?

Who knows? That's the point. No one knows how it will turn out in the end. There are an infinite amount of possibilities in this situation with the players involved. Anyone pretending they know has not been paying attention since 08.

Edited by Restorium2

yes i'm sure all of those children taken away from their parents and the courts ordering epilepsy patients to not use medical marijuana makes us the best state ever, just because you say so resto.

Name a better one. Privatization will not help those you mention so why bring it up in this context?

Colorado 

Since last June, the average price of an 1/8th ounce of recreational cannabis has dropped from $50-$70 to $30-$45 currently; an ounce now sells for between $250 and $300 on average compared to $300-$400 last year. More competition and expansion of grow facilities contributed to this price decline, but it is also a natural result for any maturing industry as dispensaries try to find the market’s equilibrium price.

Even with the declining prices, sales are still exceeding those of last year for recreational marijuana.

Now that is recreational  medical price is lower  

^^ In Colorado  an ounce now sells for between $250 and $300 on average compared to $300-$400 last year. 

And people report here that it is $150-$200 an ounce for medical in Michigan. It was $300-$400 before medical passed.  We have it very good here.

that is for recreational not medical ,,