Mi Legalize Gathers Pro-Pot Signatures In Lansing / With Video

bobandtorey

LANSING, Mich. (WZZM) -- It is a near certainty Michigan voters will face several choices next year when it comes to decriminalizing marijuana.

One of the three groups pushing a pot plan gathered petition signatures Thursday outside the statehouse. MI Legalize says its plan would direct 40 percent of the pot revenues to fix potholes, 40 percent to improve schools, and the rest back to communities that allow pot establishments within their borders.

Their plan would allow anyone over 21 to buy our use marijuana without arrest. They would also be allowed to grow up to 12 pot plants apiece, said the group's Jeffrey Hank.

"It's more of a free-market model; it allows anyone who wants to have the economic opportunity to get into the market," Hank said. "We don't create a big-government solution by creating a cannabis control board that's similar to an alcohol commission; we deal with a lot of the civil rights issues that the other programs are not dealing with."

MI Legalize has been organized by a number of marijuana activists from across the state. They need to get over a quarter million signatures in the next six months for Michigan voters to get a chance to vote on their plan.

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/politics/2015/06/25/marijuana-plan/29302319/

They would also be allowed to grow up to 12 pot plants apiece, said the group's Jeffrey Hank.

Why only 12? Seriously, what is the logic for any limit? 

Fill me in. I must be missing something ....

Let people grow their arses off and find out how much work it is. If everyone could do it you are not going to be selling huge amounts so the huge grows will faid away naturally. Ahhh. Let it fade naturally. People will settle down and be happy instead of all worked up to make a profit. You would have to do it across the country for it to work though. Small patches of illegality would spawn more trouble. This has to come down in one fell swoop! Nation wide. North America wide. The rest of the free world will follow. 

Edited by Restorium2

Rest patients can only grow 12   where are your complaints,  You should really quit the medical program,

I'm not comparing the two right now. Medical and real legalization are two very different things. Why would I quit medical when I have it down to a science from a perfect relationship with my doc to an excellent medical grow?

They would also be allowed to grow up to 12 pot plants apiece, said the group's Jeffrey Hank.

Why only 12? Seriously, what is the logic for any limit? 

Fill me in. I must be missing something ....

Let people grow their arses off and find out how much work it is. If everyone could do it you are not going to be selling huge amounts so the huge grows will faid away naturally. Ahhh. Let it fade naturally. People will settle down and be happy instead of all worked up to make a profit. You would have to do it across the country for it to work though. Small patches of illegality would spawn more trouble. This has to come down in one fell swoop! Nation wide. North America wide. The rest of the free world will follow. 

Great but what you and i would want others don't and we can't control the money 

For me i think like a cannabis user not a cannabis seller Big difference

Having a car carries more responsibility than growing plants. Having a gun carries more responsibility than growing plants. Both are legal yet they count plants?

they count plants? 

i know how people feel about putting any type of plant count if you put in 12 most people will grow 13  some feel any plant count would only mean more arrest but will MILEGALZE anything you do that may break the rule it's only a $ 100 fine 

they count plants? 

i know how people feel about putting any type of plant count if you put in 12 most people will grow 13  some feel any plant count would only mean more arrest but will MILEGALZE anything you do that may break the rule it's only a $ 100 fine 

You believe that law makers think that $100 fine will keep us from 'getting out of control'?

Right now they sling the full brunt of the marijuana laws against patients that get 'out of control'. 

You think that somehow another ballot initiative, just like The Act, is going to be somehow treated differently?

they count plants? 

i know how people feel about putting any type of plant count if you put in 12 most people will grow 13

The majority of people you know have given you this information as fact and you  believe it represents how all people in the program feel ??

All of the growers I know specifically are way under plant counts to avoid any compliancy issues. 

Getting to know more people like that may afford you a safer well being in the cannabis community.

Edited by grassmatch

Here is an update from Chuck Ream after MILegalizes first fundraiser:

It was one of the greatest nights of my life with some very fine people and we raised $60,000 or more, many people gave far more than they have ever given to anything.
It was a huge gamble to have a high dollar fundraiser but we had no choice, and the independent Michigan cannabis law reform reform community responded.
 And then came a magic moment of a lifetime, a gentleman asked to see me in the hall and explained that it was his objective to have this campaign launch quickly and successfully with adequate money, and that he is prepared to put up $100,000 in matching funds if we can raise the other $100,000, which would put our initial budget at over a quarter million, and set us us on a path to victory. We need to raise $100,000 in 30 days.
Thanks so much to the people who came tonight and thanks to everyone who will give money or get signatures. Drivers are going out now to every corner of the state with the new petitions.

You believe that law makers think that $100 fine will keep us from 'getting out of control'?

Right now they sling the full brunt of the marijuana laws against patients that get 'out of control'. 

You think that somehow another ballot initiative, just like The Act, is going to be somehow treated differently?

You believe that law makers think that $100 fine will keep us from 'getting out of control'? No not really but maybe

You think that somehow another ballot initiative, just like The Act, is going to be somehow treated differently? i'm not so sure if its like the Act the Act we have now is only for  using cannabis  for medical reasons 

Right now they sling the full brunt of the marijuana laws against patients that get 'out of control'. Yes i do agree

If people don't vote for it then the other side will win and i do not like the MRC one that one only has a 2 plant count and they must be only 12 inch and Leo will not be carrying any kind of ruler with their badge and gun

Decide quick and get some signatures.

One sheet even. 10 signatures.  Everyone can do that.

I maybe grumpy about some issues of the initiative, but it is pretty good and I will get some signatures and vote for it.

Thank you 

i told some people that also time is running as they are thinking

The majority of people you know have given you this information as fact and you  believe it represents how all people in the program feel ??

All of the growers I know specifically are way under plant counts to avoid any compliancy issues. 

Getting to know more people like that may afford you a safer well being in the cannabis community.

Thank you for replying 

The majority of people you know have given you this information as fact and you  believe it represents how all people in the program feel ?? No i do not think like that

Getting to know more people like that may afford you a safer well being in the cannabis community. >>>       more people know me then i know them i mean when i go to Lansing or go to the PGT show people come up to me and say they have heard of my case and are sorry to here that Torey spend the last 5 years of her life in Court for a  2 inch tall plant

• 3 months later...

Both Michigan Legalization Campaigns Have Money in the Bank. According to quarterly financial reports filed Monday, the state's two different marijuana legalization efforts are both pulling in

cash, but still have a long way to go on signature gathering. MI Legalize has raised $308,000 and spent $249,000 so far as it seeks to gather some 252,523 valid voter signatures by December.

The Michigan Cannabis Coalitionhas raised $351,000 and spent $284,000. The coalition has temporarily halted signature-gathering, even though it says it is roughly 50,000 signatures short,

saying the move is a "strategic decision" and petitioning will soon resume. The coalition effort has until January to turn in signatures. MI Legalize would allow taxed and regulated marijuana

sales with a 10% retail sales tax; the coalition effort also legalize, but would rely on the state legislature to set taxes and set licensing requirements.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2015/oct/27/chronicle_am_one_week_oh_legaliz