Non-Burner

let the friend return with his stash, but not before sharing some real good herb of your own with him

idea#1 :P

sometimes in hydro growers load carbs and such to the end of flower. Flushing can eliminate some of the nasties, and age can do some more, but they never go away.

Magnesium and nitrogen, excess sugar, smokes badly.  could be the culprit.  maybe the buds were snatched off of a growing plant, dried on a hot ballast for a day or two, and showed up at your house.....?

Ive experienced light buds before it happens once your bulbs start to lose their lumens no doubt its time to change the grow bulbs as for it not burning its not properly dried tell him to place it into a brown paper bag for a 3 day period the bags draw the inner moisture out through the bud stabilizing it . 

When I first started growing in DWC, years ago, I had issues with meds that would not burn.  You could bake them in an oven until crispy, and still a joint wouldn't stay lit.  It wasn't a dryness issue for sure.

The problem was mostly with one strain. 

As I honed my DWC craft, I backed off on the nutes in a big way, and eliminated the issue. 

Food for thought.....

I had some one time that was too dry so I put few lil peices of fresh bread in the jar with it, it made it moister and didnt smoke to well, I chalked that up to a stupid thing I did and learned from it lol!

Dont ask me no questions and I wont tell you no lies :lolu:

Peace

Eww phaq, bread?  lol

I've heard of people putting bread in to moisten cause of too dry, never tried it myself. Thinking I will pass on idea now.

Even the early harvest that we recently did, burns good. Just a little harsh. Wife is happy!

I have used thin potato peels for this issue (sometimes apple peel back when all that was available was schwag :) ).

Never use bread use the fan leaves off of the plant is the ideal way to put some moisture back into the buds if you don't have leaf available use a piece of lettuce make sure its not wet .

I like the idea of fan leaves, thanks.  Back in the day, I didn't have those available.  Lettuce makes sense also, the green part... not the spine of course :)

^^ :goodjob: