Our Endless Numbered Days Are Officially Numbered

Tumbleweed

Would you be doing so because you believe legalization to be the best option for all, or that at this time the only option for the few?

I'v been in a few of the pseudo-legalized States, and pragmatically recognize that within our system of govt and economics (and the specific history of weed in america), that a truly 'free the weed' model like tomatoes isn't tenable. We just won't see such a thing in america, where there are billions to be made, esp when it can be done to the benefit of a small minority at the expense of the vast majority.

That said (not trying to be too deterministic nor bleak), there are big differences in the varying models that exist and/or could be proposed. Licensing and regulation are common to all however. But whether the system is inclusive or exclusive is still within our ability to influence.

I want a model that will allow local communities and people and families to participate... To give a boost to the middle class. I dont want to make the privileged elite even richer. I dont want the weed to go the route of commercialized food crops. I would be most happy if we made it available to all to enter, compete and share in the profits... To keep it within local communities.

No plan will meet all of my desires, but certain models are certainly better than others. Ideally the smaller garden will be seen as most desirable from a quality perspective, and any infractions of the rules will be seen as citations and not felony convictions.

Imo... From what we are looking at this year, milegalize is the closest and best available option. It is clear that they are coming from the most open position of the bunch, and yes, they have also made certain concessions for pragmatic politcal considerations, but it is most clearly better than the other competing options.

If we are going to decriminalize and legitimize, it will be regulated to some degree. We can not get around that fact. Otherwise, it is all pie in the sky.

Sure, the classic "lesser of two evils" vote. The thing that got this great country where it is today.

In all actuality, the milegalize language isn't terribly bad at all... Would even extend that to say it is pretty good. It seems very workable and reasonable. I, you, and many, many others can participate. I would hardly classify this model as 'evil'... So id appreciate it if u step the frack off my ars. The way america is today has very little to do w my ideals and values. You want 'evil', and corrupt and broken... Lay down for a limited licensing, limited production and limited distribution like they have in illinois. Lay down and let that happen here while u complain and moan and detract from decent alternative. Where will u stand then?

In all actuality, the milegalize language isn't terribly bad at all... Would even extend that to say it is pretty good. It seems very workable and reasonable. I, you, and many, many others can participate. I would hardly classify this model as 'evil'... So id appreciate it if u step the frack off my ars. The way america is today has very little to do w my ideals and values. You want 'evil', and corrupt and broken... Lay down for a limited licensing, limited production and limited distribution like they have in illinois. Lay down and let that happen here while u complain and moan and detract from decent alternative. Where will u stand then?

You have to realize that any wording can easily be changed by our legislature because they have a mass majority of crooked members who do whatever they want to. 

You seem to assume you get to tell them what to do. Assuming that will always make you off base with the reality of the situation. 

I was where you are when medical passed. Since then, all of us that have been paying attention know that any ballot initiative will be severely molested by them. 

Kind of like ordering a steak dinner at Hot and Now. Go ahead and order it and see what you get .....

Damm IT !  the other side is so well funded, and their proposal looks very bad to me. When I voted for our current Act I didn't expect the issues I read about daily to be taking place. I imagined the war on those carded at least would end, and it didn't. Changes and additions happened that only served to make carded people pay money to the machine. I was in fear of federal agents mostly because of their laws, silly me. Once again, to me, I'm full circle in belief that non detection is key, carded or not btw.

If voting for MiLegalize and against the big money group will stop the big money group(the ones I suspect politicians to favor) from getting their way completely, then I may vote for MiLegalize.  I understand that changes will most likely be implemented, and some money grubbing will happen, but comparatively I think MiLe would hurt less. If none of us voted for MiLe we know who would win, and that would hurt us all. I don't see an option except voting against both(my conscience?), and I'm old enough now to know if we all did that too, the result would hurt. some powerful people are on this and like always likely to get their way anyhow. I see my best fight  is to actually vote for MiLe, and yes, it hurts too. I am watching closely at tactics of both sides, like the claim of the end of cannabis prohibition :watching: .  sorry for the rant, but I feel better now for it :skydive:

Edited by grassmatch

You have to realize that any wording can easily be changed by our legislature because they have a mass majority of crooked members who do whatever they want to.

You seem to assume you get to tell them what to do. Assuming that will always make you off base with the reality of the situation.

I was where you are when medical passed. Since then, all of us that have been paying attention know that any ballot initiative will be severely molested by them.

Kind of like ordering a steak dinner at Hot and Now. Go ahead and order it and see what you get .....

Trust me, i get what you are saying. I lost a very good ownership percentage and contract because of a body of legislature, almost a year after the fact. My options were to attempt to sue a trust, or the state. In the end, i lost it all... Because of some small tiny little clause that was one sentence long.

That isn't unique. That is the political system in america. The only other option is a constitutional amendment, and that isnt even full proof, just harder to change. It isnt really a unique argument against the milegalize situation. Of the options available, milegalize is most in tune w my views. Beyond that... What? Do nothing and wait for pie in the sky, which can still be changed to cow pie after the fact...?

The whole thing is frustrating, no doubt. Im not looking to pick a fight for fightings sake. Yes, politics in america is broke... We can all agree on that.

Ya, so let's let them continue to take advantage of not having to worry because the law backs them(police, judges, etc.).  Amazing you don't see that it's not going to be worse than it is now.  Is it worse for the majority of sick people because the MMMA was passed?

Basically, according to you, no law will do anything because police judges and politicians are corrupt?  Why not just give up then if there is NO winning situation?  If you want to hold your breath till the angels come down to write the perfect law for us, go ahead.  I plan to work to cintinue pushing forward till we get what we want, which will be NEVER.  But I'll still push the boundaries.

Ya, so let's let them continue to take advantage of not having to worry because the law backs them(police, judges, etc.).  Amazing you don't see that it's not going to be worse than it is now.  Is it worse for the majority of sick people because the MMMA was passed?

Basically, according to you, no law will do anything because police judges and politicians are corrupt?  Why not just give up then if there is NO winning situation?  If you want to hold your breath till the angels come down to write the perfect law for us, go ahead.  I plan to work to cintinue pushing forward till we get what we want, which will be NEVER.  But I'll still push the boundaries.

When did you discover that the legislature could change the wording of a ballot initiative by amending it? And when did you learn that the State Of Michigan has a problem implementing some ballot initiatives? I bet a lot of people don't know it. This is a public service announcement for them. If you already knew it then please disregard and move along. 

Edited by Restorium2

Tell me when you are going to vote out Jones. Then meekof. Then kesto. Then all the rest of them. Im not gonna hold my breath.

Me? You put this all on me? I'm doing my part. Obviously. Daily. Weekly. Yearly. No one asked you to hold your breath, just help yourself and everyone else who has your ideals. What I'm doing IS how it is done the right way, the only way.