Our Endless Numbered Days Are Officially Numbered

Tumbleweed

Why not just give up then if there is NO winning situation?  

The win is to vote them out. First step is to point out their shortcomings and I'm right there on the job. This is one of those prime opportunities to do that. 

Oh, I'll get right on that then.  While anyone getting arrested I'll tell them, sorry.  In the meanwhile legalization WILL go forward with all the money being thrown at the legislature.  Is that what were waiting for?

Shoot, the legislature will do it themselves then there'll be no voting. It'll be imposed.

Edited by Norby

• 3 months later...

Not to be too negative but my Bro-In-Law is a business major and we discussed this issue;

Many years ago, a Blockbuster video store opened near me. The price was pretty cheap, cheaper then the Family Video store I was a member of.

I went to a different Blockbuster and the price was much higher. I asked and was told the Blockbuster near me was cheaper because it was trying to put Family Video out of business.

(Family Video is still there and Blockbuster is gone...Ha-Ha)

My point is the laws may change and the investors who care and know nothing about either MMJ or recreational will hire as many experts as needed to get operations up and running. They will get many, many needed supplies at a major reduced rate, for buying in bulk. Much of their business will be tax deductible. They may even get tax breaks for opening in certain areas and creating jobs.

And the final dagger? They may produce a better product at a very low cost to the consumer. Cheaper and stronger than even a very experienced grower can manage.

And they may hire some of the better growers at a very high pay scale. Just make it easier and cheaper to go to your local store and pick up ounces at a time.

Then, when the market is taken over by these big business companies, the price goes way up and the quality goes way down. The weaker it is the more people will buy. And at an inflated rate, profits will soar. Maybe this is why certain politicians who were against MMJ now see the Colorado tax dollars and think maybe this will be OK for Michigan?

Or I'm way off base and just paranoid? I admit, I know very little about having a grow.....

Not to be too negative but my Bro-In-Law is a business major and we discussed this issue;

Many years ago, a Blockbuster video store opened near me. The price was pretty cheap, cheaper then the Family Video store I was a member of.

I went to a different Blockbuster and the price was much higher. I asked and was told the Blockbuster near me was cheaper because it was trying to put Family Video out of business.

My point is the laws may change and the investors who care and know nothing about either MMJ or recreational will hire as many experts as needed to get operations up and running. They will get many, many needed supplies at a major reduced rate, for buying in bulk. Much of their business will be tax deductible. They may even get tax breaks for opening in certain areas and creating jobs.

And the final dagger? They may produce a better product at a very low cost to the consumer. Cheaper and stronger than even a very experienced grower can manage.

And they may hire some of the better growers at a very high pay scale. Just make it easier and cheaper to go to your local store and pick up ounces at a time.

Then, when the market is taken over by these big business companies, the price goes way up and the quality goes way down. The weaker it is the more people will buy. And at an inflated rate, profits will soar. Maybe this is why certain politicians who were against MMJ now see the Colorado tax dollars and think maybe this will be OK for Michigan?

Or I'm way off base and just paranoid? I admit, I know very little about having a grow.....

Yup. We understand cannabis and the strains available to humans. Unless the aliens swoop down with something we have never seen on Earth you are wrong on that one. The people who are clueless probably dream about doing that but it's not a real thing. I'm already using NASA's best grow techniques with the best strains ever, there's no rabbit to be pulled from a hat after that. 

Yup. We understand cannabis and the strains available to humans. Unless the aliens swoop down with something we have never seen on Earth you are wrong on that one. The people who are clueless probably dream about doing that but it's not a real thing. I'm already using NASA's best grow techniques with the best strains ever, there's no rabbit to be pulled from a hat after that. 

lol.  There's always organic. There's scientific papers saying that organics produces more terpenes and flavinoids than synthetics.  But if you want to believe there will never be a better strain than the ones you grow and never be better techniques than those stripped down to the essentials for growing in space, good luck with that.

Edited by Norby

We will continue to bang the drum to insist that the patient/caregiver model is not taken from us. It is reasonable to expect that the State will be coming after it, sooner than later.

Edited by GregS

We will continue to bang the drum to insist that the patient/caregiver model is not taken from us. It is reasonable to expect that the State will be coming after it, sooner than later.

What bothers me the most is when I filled out the paperwork, I also sent them money. That's entering into a contract. I have to follow the rules, as they were when the State accepted my money. But they're saying they can change the rules whenever they want to and not even inform me of any/all new changes? They have my address, they could send a letter.

It's like if the cops removed the 40 MPH signs by a road near me. I drive down it at 38 MPH and get pulled over. I'm told the new speed limit is 25 MPH and get a ticket for going 13 MPH over.

You better believe special interests are all over the pols to get laws that will favor big business. A total domination of the market would make a select few very rich. And it would help the State keep track of every purchase and sale for tax purposes.

What bothers me the most is when I filled out the paperwork, I also sent them money. That's entering into a contract. I have to follow the rules, as they were when the State accepted my money. But they're saying they can change the rules whenever they want to and not even inform me of any/all new changes? They have my address, they could send a letter.

It's like if the cops removed the 40 MPH signs by a road near me. I drive down it at 38 MPH and get pulled over. I'm told the new speed limit is 25 MPH and get a ticket for going 13 MPH over.

You better believe special interests are all over the pols to get laws that will favor big business. A total domination of the market would make a select few very rich. And it would help the State keep track of every purchase and sale for tax purposes.

If you are not used to politically motivated administrative bureaucratic bullschit yet, it looks like you're getting the quick start guide now.

Edited by GregS