Help Finding A Good Vap.

I am trying to find a good vaporizer to medicate for my PTSD/Insomnia. I have tried the MFLB and the Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 Digital vaporizer. Both were major disappointments.  When I used those vaps, I felt energetic and more of a cerebral feeling which I HATE!  :mad:  I know how to use a vaporizer, and I know which flower to medicate with. When I combust it is literally night and day. I do not understand, because I know that when you combust your medicine around 80% of the chemicals in your medicine burns up before it even enters your bloodstream. Anyways, I am willing to pay high dollar for a good vape as long as I get the feeling I need for my afflictions. Is the vap not allowing the CBD, or CBN to enter my body? Anyways I want to give a big shout out to the whole MMMA Community!!!! :thumbsu: Every time I have posted, I have gotten prompt and helpful responses. Thank you to everybody that takes their time, and energy to give me your two cents!! God Bless!!

Edited by Compassion101

maybe confused?

For the money, there is no finer vaporizer than the Arizer Q.

The effect you feel are not the fault of a vaporizer, anymore than a joint being at fault for your cannabis experience.  There are obvious things to consider of course, like strains, time of day, Rx use, alcohol, etc, but the temperature is what we seek to perfect. Its a personal thing really, some like higher temps, some like the lowest possible.  The effects I get using my arizer are a bit different than if I smoke a joint. A good experiment of smoking a joint using the spent herb......shows you the garbage effects of everything else inhaled. Like, even inhaling dried oak leaves will cause an effect. Enough of it and stronger effects, even oxygen deprivation has effects. Some call it euphoric.     Maybe adjust your temps. Consider that EVERY vaporizer on the market heats up the material to a desired temperature, or one that is just below combustion. Start your Arizer at around 200, and go up from there tomorrow. My sweet spot on the device is around 390, nothing to do with the real life temperature of the herb of course, but a fine way to keep track of your sweet spot. I've used the most expensive Volcano, and it rocks! then I had to pay for my own vape, and bought an Arizer(after a half dozen other dissappointments)  Any negative experience had nothing to do with the effects I got from vaping, but different like plastic smells/tastes, over heating, inconvenience, etc....

good luck

Thanks Match for your input!  :)  I do not have the Arizer anymore. When I medicate I just need a little flower. I have a super low tolerance. Like I said before, I only medicate at night before bed.(PTSD/INSOMNIA) So...... I want to get a new vap, but do not want to get a big vap because I use so little. Do you have any suggestions on what vap to get? Snoop vap, PAX, etc....????  I have been all over the web, looking at reviews, videos, etc. Whatever vape I choose, what would you suggest the temp to be around for the most sedative effect??? Thanks again!!!! Peace!

Pax is sweet ! if you get that one please review it here?

I use my Arizer for herb and an Eclipse for concentrates. I'm not sure the temp selection for specific effects will be as easy to lock  down as we want, but what is easy is a trial and error sampling. After a few of these you'll find your perfect blend. Its the same with growing different strains. I find results all over the map, until individualized. I mean to say my favorite selection may make some paranoid, some sleepy, some wide awake, and some euphoric, depends on the patients' chemotype. The only sure fire way I've found to dial that in is trial and error. Being sick, tired, malnourished, taking medications etc all make notable differences in the way our organ processes, at least cannabis.

For vaporizing I suggest beginning with a pinch of your favorite herb, no more than what would normally be acceptable in a pipe/or other. A grinder  is handy for processing, as fingers rob your active ingredients.  since temperature settings are not actually the temp of the herb the number is just a gage. try 200f first. allow it to warm for a bit, take a draw, hold it now...hit it(had to)

On the exhale you should detect some flavor(hydrosols). If you do not increase the temp a little at a time. repeat.

recall that some of the effects you experience by smoking are not caused by active ingredients, unlike vaporizing. Go slow, relax, think deep thoughts.

You'll be inhaling only the active ingredients, the savory terpenes waiting to enter you.

well i'd say ask your buddies to try their volcanos, and see if that helps you any.

otherwise i'd say... the effects of cannabis are different if you are eating, smoking or vaping. its just a fact.

but... but but but but but. vaping flower vs vaping some oil will be a different effect. if you vape some oil i think you will get the desired knock-out effect, i could be wrong of course.

I've got a shelf of vaporizers here for oil and some for bud, some both.

For several years now I've used an Herb Iron, a heavy glass straw, and dab'd the iron into the pool with a phfffooot. After replacing my herb iron twice, @ $70 each time, I found a Hakko Ceramic Element dabber solderer for under 25 bucks. I put a switch on it and cant find anything better to use than that rig to mop up an oil spill.

I never vape bud away from home, and always reach for the Arizer. If I dab away from home, I pack up the rig.  I used to be in love with my Eclipse for the slicks, but honestly haven't opened it's case in maybe three years.  Do not waste a dollar on the Magic Flight, unless you have a cabinet like mine to display it in full time. :D

well i'd say ask your buddies to try their volcanos, and see if that helps you any.

otherwise i'd say... the effects of cannabis are different if you are eating, smoking or vaping. its just a fact.

but... but but but but but. vaping flower vs vaping some oil will be a different effect. if you vape some oil i think you will get the desired knock-out effect, i could be wrong of course.

Spot on. 

I haven't tried many vaporizers - currently have an Arizer Solo - but whether it's bud in a vaporizer or liquids in a pen vape it just doesn't do it for me like combustion. Maybe it's the "all at once" of a bong hit, but a bunch of hits off a pen vape using a >50% THC is qualitatively and quantitatively inferior. And I would much rather put vapor in my lungs than smoke.

I concur, the Vapir line sucks!

so far they all suck for me, except the volcano and arizer, and my trusty electric ceramic nail/glass straw. The status of displaying a volcano is high but I admit to using and preferring my Arizer Q. Both will fail, both have good customer service/replacement parts, one is 1/3 of the cost of the other.

Bro if you don't need super portable, but want something smaller, consider the arizer air, or arizer solo. Both can be had relatively inexpensively. I've had a solo for a lot of years, and it was always my favorite until I got my crafty. I've owned a ton of vapes, and every time (until recently) the solo was my favorite

Edited by busa76

• 3 months later...

So I was looking at this one. Has anyone ever tried it? I'm new to vaping oils and wax.

http://vubervaporizers.com/product/atlas/

How do you fill the tank without making a mess and getting any into the center hole of some vap pens I've seen?

Make sure the oil syringe has been warmed up well in a cup if hot water. Squeeze SLOWLY while holding the pen at a very shallow angle. Be patient.

Yeah it's a bit of a pain, but if you go slowly you won't get any into the center.

You can get a quality Kangertech glassomizer for oil under $10 and a variable voltage ego for about $15. In another thread I mentioned the Cloupor M1 for waxes, also under $10.

I'd never spend $70 on a vape pen unless I wanted to make a fashion statement. Also, it usually means more money when you need buy replacement coils (which normally shouldn't cost more than $2).

Make sure the oil syringe has been warmed up well in a cup if hot water. Squeeze SLOWLY while holding the pen at a very shallow angle. Be patient.

Yeah it's a bit of a pain, but if you go slowly you won't get any into the center.

You can get a quality Kangertech glassomizer for oil under $10 and a variable voltage ego for about $15. In another thread I mentioned the Cloupor M1 for waxes, also under $10.

I'd never spend $70 on a vape pen unless I wanted to make a fashion statement. Also, it usually means more money when you need buy replacement coils (which normally shouldn't cost more than $2).

Not sure if a syringe comes with either of the vape pens I ordered. One is the "KandyPens Wax K-Stick" $25 total from SmokeCartel.com.

The other is from Ebay and it says " Wax-Vaporizer Pen Kit Glass Bulb + 1300mAh Variable Voltage + 2 Spare Coils" I don't think it's a brand name, generic.

This one was about $20.00.

I'm just hesitant about vaporizers. The first 2 were for herb and I didn't like either. The first was well over $100.00 in about 2000 or 2001. It was a huge dome type with a ceramic bowl heating element. While it gave me good clouds, I didn't like the taste. But that was back before this strong MMJ.

The other, more recent one, was a Magic Flight. And IMO, it's very horrible. About $110.00 too if I remember.    

I'll give a review of these when I get them (and the wax). I wonder if it's safe getting wax that someone else makes?

Anything to look out for?         

Edited by Dalbert

Not sure if a syringe comes with either of the vape pens I ordered. One is the "KandyPens Wax K-Stick" $25 total from SmokeCartel.com.

The other is from Ebay and it says " Wax-Vaporizer Pen Kit Glass Bulb + 1300mAh Variable Voltage + 2 Spare Coils" I don't think it's a brand name, generic.

This one was about $20.00.

I'm just hesitant about vaporizers. The first 2 were for herb and I didn't like either. The first was well over $100.00 in about 2000 or 2001. It was a huge dome type with a ceramic bowl heating element. While it gave me good clouds, I didn't like the taste. But that was back before this strong MMJ.

The other, more recent one, was a Magic Flight. And IMO, it's very horrible. About $110.00 too if I remember.    

I'll give a review of these when I get them (and the wax). I wonder if it's safe getting wax that someone else makes?

Anything to look out for?         

A syringe wouldn't come with the pen; that's just how oil is stored and loaded. Besides, the pens you mention are for wax/shatter, though you could use the Glass Bulb vaporizer with oil as well.

I'm not a fan of the Magic Flight and indeed sold mine to someone here. But some folks really like it.

Here's an interesting in-depth article regarding the rhetoric flying around concentrate manufacturing: http://www.buzzfeed.com/amandachicagolewis/is-hash-oil-safe

A syringe wouldn't come with the pen; that's just how oil is stored and loaded. Besides, the pens you mention are for wax/shatter, though you could use the Glass Bulb vaporizer with oil as well.

I'm not a fan of the Magic Flight and indeed sold mine to someone here. But some folks really like it.

Here's an interesting in-depth article regarding the rhetoric flying around concentrate manufacturing: http://www.buzzfeed.com/amandachicagolewis/is-hash-oil-safe

Great article. So wax, shatter and BHO are basically the same thing. And it looks like you really need to trust the person who made it that he didn't use moldy meds and he extracted all the butane. Unless he did the CO2 method. I wonder if it's safe to smoke....

Great article. So wax, shatter and BHO are basically the same thing. And it looks like you really need to trust the person who made it that he didn't use moldy meds and he extracted all the butane. Unless he did the CO2 method. I wonder if it's safe to smoke....

Well yeah, but there are also some scare tactics involved here...