Smart Meters Going To Screw You...

ok, now the shoes start dropping.

now dte can call 20 days per year "peak days" and charge $1 per kwh (regularly its like 12cents)

https://www2.dteenergy.com/wps/portal/dte/residential/billingPayment/details/electric%20rates/experimental%20dynamic%20peak%20pricing%20rate/

NUIqg9t.jpg

The Experimental Dynamic Peak Pricing Rate

The Dynamic Peak Pricing (DPP) rate was successfully tested as part of the recently concluded SmartCurrentsSM pilot program. The rate is currently available to up to 5,000 customers but is designated ‘experimental’ until it receives final approval from the Michigan Public Service Commission.

How the DPP rate works

New smart meters, which can measure and report energy use on an hourly basis, allow DTE Energy to offer a rate that better reflects the true cost of generating and supplying electricity throughout the day.

This tiered rate gives you the opportunity to save money by choosing to use electricity when rates are cheaper. SmartCurrents pilot participants reduced their energy cost by 10%, on average, over a 12-month period. By actively managing your energy use, you have the opportunity to save. How much you save depends upon the choices you make.

DPP Rate Chart

* This chart reflects only the power supply charges for the DPP Rate. As with all rates, applicable delivery charges, taxes and surcharges are added.

NOTE:

Saturday, Sundays and designated holidays

On weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and designated holidays (list below), you pay only 4¢ per kWh. Under the standard Residential rate, you would pay twice that amount.

New Year's Day

Labor Day

Good Friday

Thanksgiving Day

Memorial Day

Christmas Day

Independence Day

Critical Peak Events

In the event of extremely high demand for electricity, a Critical Peak event may be declared. Events will only occur on a weekday (Mon – Fri) between 3 PM – 7 PM. Critical Peak events are limited to a maximum of 20 occurrences per calendar year. During a Critical Peak event, the cost of electricity rises from 12¢ per kWh to $1 per kWh.**

You pay more for energy during Critical Peak and On-Peak times, when supply is tighter and demand is highest. During Mid-Peak hours, you pay the same as other customers. But during Off-Peak weekday hours, plus all day Saturday and Sunday and designated holidays, you pay significantly less than customers on the standard Residential rate.

A little advance planning will ensure you can prevent a higher energy bill when Critical Peak events are called:

Keep your notification information up-to-date. To verify or update your contact information, call the Help Center, 855.836.6707. Customer representatives are available Mon – Fri, 8 AM to 5 PM to assist you. You'll be notified by 6 PM a day in advance if a Critical Peak event is likely.

Make a list ahead of time of the actions your household will take to reduce energy use, then post it. Find ideas and a Household Plan you can post here.

How to enroll in the DPP rate

Please call 855-836-6707 to speak with a Customer Representative.

** Did you know that it costs DTE Energy $1 - $3 per kWh to buy electricity from outside the state when energy demand exceeds our supply? That's why this Demand Peak Pricing rate is so helpful in leveling out the peaks and valleys of energy demand throughout the whole system. As a public utility, we are required to have enough energy available to serve peak loads. Keeping peak loads down means we can reduce the need to build additional power plants or spot purchase power from outside our state. Ultimately, that helps keep power costs lower for all energy users.

but honestly its good to save energy, and brownouts suck. probably only hippies care about this. you old codgers might get angry about this. its the future, adapt or dissapear like the dinosaurs.

Get a Tesla battery for $3500 and charge it when the power is the cheapest.

For every problem there's a solution close by. 

I may be a hippy or an old codger in some eyes, but those labels make no difference if you know how to solve problems. The problem solvers rule and always will, long hair, grey hair, no hair, we are all The Survivors.

but honestly its good to save energy, and brownouts suck. probably only hippies care about this. you old codgers might get angry about this. its the future, adapt or dissapear like the dinosaurs.

How the f u ck did you become a mod? It should say idiotic under your name, your getting under my last nerve!

This site is already on another down turn and they pick you to be a mod, I guess 3ma is looking for the last few nails in the coffin!

im a paying member here, I beleive members should get a say about new mods old mods and snot nosed mods!

and no I dont want to be a mod,  I also dont want you as a mod!

If you want to be snot nose you shouldnt be a mod here!

Peace

Why everyone so angry today?

Not me

but i think a lot of people are under a lot of pressure some think the Act ( Law 1 of 2008 ) is under attack  or  getting taken away by the Government and or the Courts  or Big Money and maybe they think theirs nothing they can do but theirs is something we all can do and now is the time to step up and help the best you can 

I understand that it may not be your way of doing things but doing nothing isn't going to help anyone either 

Settle down, phaq. I don't know what your problem is here, but keep it to yourself.

you should ask phaq what he thinks the problems are in 3ma.

seems like he has a serious beef here and maybe you can help fix something on the site which will fix his beef too.

all this talk about beef and its getting close to lunch time.

Settle down, phaq. I don't know what your problem is here, but keep it to yourself.

lol noted! :drinking-coffee:

you should ask phaq what he thinks the problems are in 3ma.

seems like he has a serious beef here and maybe you can help fix something on the site which will fix his beef too.

all this talk about beef and its getting close to lunch time.

idk maybe a coffee drive thru would help! :lolu:

I should be happier sitting in my camper on the lake!  My lady left for a few days and Ive been sleeping with the dog,, she is a bed hog and a cover hogg!

Peace

I just kept my old style meter, told them to shove the new one up theirs!  costs me 9.00  a month for a meter guy to manually read it.. don't care... I have pricacy, they can't charge me that crap... when i kept mine there were a few oh its ok remarks.. LOL shoes on the other foot now :)   and unless you hid your old meter.. there aint no going back...

analogue meters are available for purchase online, in case of a change of mind.

Bob,When Tesla died in 1943, during World War II, he was penniless. The Office of Alien Property took his belongings. But some of Tesla's papers are still classified by the U.S. government. His famous tower was sold as scrap metal.

I'd suspect a cover up before a pay off, but who knows. The guy was a humanitarian and an environmentalist, but they need to eat too right.

I tryed to opt out dte said was not possible. Opt out still meant you got smart meter it just didnt share data. I told them no i still dont want smart meter dte said they would shut my meter off. This was middle of winter i said i would consider dte shuting off my meter in the middle of the winter a threat against my family. So now im on some terriost list they call 1st send 2 people out and knock on front door before going in back yard to read old meter. Still have old meter not sure if there charging extra.

I'm beginning to wonder if the monthly intrusion of a surprise meter reader visit is more of an intrusion to me than an RF message beamed back to home base. there ae some awesome benefits to using the new meters I read. Like smart phone apps that monitor power usage in real time with tweaks and alerts. The only thing stopping me is my tin foil hat. It fits well, and I've worn it for a long time. It has served me well, I think. :ph34r:

I got a robo-call from DTE yesterday. They said ours was 48th in usage out of 100 comparable homes.

The peak time is 3pm to 7pm so I changed my timers to turn off at 3. Might even save me some cash.

Seems we get a mailing every month from DTE with our neighborhood ranking.  For two years we were 100 out of 100.  More recently we have dropped to 98 without dropping our power consumption.   Kind of curious what neighbor is using more power.

at $1 per kwh, yes, turning off stuff will save you lots on these "peak days"

if you regularly use 4kwh, 4 hours thats $16!

4kwh = 4000 watts per hour. thats 4 x 1000 hps lights.

anyone even read this thread? important stuff, save some cash.

those rankings are bull though.

we must have a LOT of empty houses in the 'hood. #1 house was using .2kwh. pfft.

how can you compare an empty house to a house with people living in it?