Mcc Has 40K Sigs In 12 Days.

t-pain

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/marijuana-legalization-appears-to-be-lock-for-michigans-2016-ballot/34340718

Nearly 40,000 signatures have been collected in just 12 days as part of a push to get the issue on the ballot. There are two ballot proposals which have seen language approved by the state board of canvassers, but only one has language drafted by the brightest minds in Lansing. And only one has the premier signature-gathering firm in the country on the ground in Michigan.

brightest minds lol

I am sure this bill has been discussed ad nauseum, but I've been away.  I really do not like the portion that says a cultivation facility EXCLUSIVELY cultivates marihuana/extracts.  Sounds like it would be illegal to "participate" from home.  Lame

Edited by Morhawk

http://www.mi.gov/documents/sos/Petition_-_MI_Cannabis_Coalition_491724_7.pdf

even dumber is this chestnut

how can something be legal and unlawful at the same time?

except as authorized by this act and the medical marihuana act, it shall be unlawful to possess, sell, distribute or purchase marihuana or marihuana-infused products.

That's the "poison pill" clause that would show conflict with any other like proposal that should pass at the same time. Making sure that there will be only one that makes it to law with the most YES votes. 

Spoiler Alert;

So in 2016 we will have Hillary against some R buffoon, and two quazi legalization proposals on the ballot. I can see how the battle lines will be drawn already. They think they can push their proposal as being the R proposal for all those who want to vote against Hillary. 

They figure this is an R state so they will win. 

The real fight will be educating folks on which one to vote YES on. 

It will be interesting to see what their sale pitch will be as to why their initiative is better. You can bet this is all planned out already.

I will vote for both as the real play is to divide and concur. But I am supporting Milegalize with money and time. If you don't, please shut up.

Spoiler Alert;

So in 2016 we will have Hillary against some R buffoon, and two quazi legalization proposals on the ballot. I can see how the battle lines will be drawn already. They think they can push their proposal as being the R proposal for all those who want to vote against Hillary. 

They figure this is an R state so they will win.

Really? When was the last time we voted for a R in a state wide election except for Governor? And that was only after democrats F'd up the state, again.

Really? When was the last time we voted for a R in a state wide election except for Governor? And that was only after democrats F'd up the state, again.

1988 for Bush. Regardless, both political parties only want to screw folk over in the end. I vote Bernie Sanders this run I reckon.

Republicans dont exactly have a track record of NOT f'ing things up as...well, a whole.

I will vote for both as the real play is to divide and concur. But I am supporting Milegalize with money and time. If you don't, please shut up.

You will vote for both proposals? LOL You have no idea what you are even talking about do you?

You vote for the one you like so it will pass. Voting for both negates your vote. 

If people like me 'shut up' you would go through life even more totally clueless.  You should 'listen up'. 

except as authorized by this act and the medical marihuana act, it shall be unlawful to possess, sell, distribute or purchase marihuana or marihuana-infused products.

That's the "poison pill" clause that would show conflict with any other like proposal that should pass at the same time. Making sure that there will be only one that makes it to law with the most YES votes. 

Can someone explain this clause? The clause confuses me.

Can someone explain this clause? The clause confuses me.

Sure, no problem;

If provisions of 2 or more measures approved at the same election conflict, those of the measure receiving the highest affirmative vote shall prevail. However, those provisions that do not conflict with the winning proposition may still go into effect. To get around this loophole, many initiatives include so-called "poison pill" clauses, specifying which provisions are voided in the other propositions.

Edited by Restorium2

Sure, no problem;

If provisions of 2 or more measures approved at the same election conflict, those of the measure receiving the highest affirmative vote shall prevail. However, those provisions that do not conflict with the winning proposition may still go into effect. To get around this loophole, many initiatives include so-called "poison pill" clauses, specifying which provisions are voided in the other propositions.

I'll need to think about this "poison pill" clause.

Thanks for info.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/marijuana-legalization-appears-to-be-lock-for-michigans-2016-ballot/34340718

Nearly 40,000 signatures have been collected in just 12 days as part of a push to get the issue on the ballot. There are two ballot proposals which have seen language approved by the state board of canvassers, but only one has language drafted by the brightest minds in Lansing. And only one has the premier signature-gathering firm in the country on the ground in Michigan.

brightest minds lol

That's debatable. LOL

So, if MCC proposal passes, then this clause would stop MIlegalize from getting anything into the new law? That is with both proposals passing in Nov. 2016.

Thanks, and just trying to understand this. Knew that proposal that got most votes won, but this other is new to me.