Need Help.

My brother is very sick with a large tumor in his left sinus. He went to the U of M on Thursdayt to have it removed. Four hours into a twelve.hour surgery the doctor called us into a room and told us he had to stop because the canser had gone thru the bone and is now in the brain area. They want to try radiation and chemo in high dose to try to shrink it. If that works then they will go in and remove it. If it does not work he will die soon. He is a good man who worked hard his whole life. He is 67 and in good health other than this canser. We would like to try high dose hemp oil. I want to find very high quality oil for him. I hear this will shrink tumors fast. Do you all think this is true? And if so what do we need to do to get some. We have a very open minded doctor if we need his help we have it.

Edited by terry b

Thank you for the reply. Not looking for any promises only advice from people in the know. You talk about getting him in the system ASAP. Are you saying we can take care of all his needs from this site? Do we need his cancer doctor to issue him a card ? Or do we go to his primary care doctor? How do we fast track a card for him? Thank you for your kelp.

I mean register him as a patient, this site does not provide marijuana. But you can use the site to find a caregiver.

You do not need the cancer doc to sign the recommendation, Any dr who reviews his medical history and condition in person will do.

As for fast track, just fill the forms correctly, should take one month to get registered. That's why I suggest doing that as soon as possible

Get the forms from http://Michigan.gov/mmp

My patient card expired on July 1.  I saw a cert. doc on (Sat) June 27.  I went to Greenlight Clinic in Burton (for about the 3rd or 4th time).  They offer complete mailing service for $25 in addition to the state fee and Dr. visit. , which really isn't much of a deal but it makes the process simple and maybe adds some credibility to paperwork until the card comes.  I was out of personal checks, so I opted to take the easy route and pay the $25 fee.  Paperwork was mailed on June 30.  The checks were cashed July 8.  I also had two patients who renewed with Greenlight the same day.  On June 22, all three cards were in my mailbox.  I'm not sure when they arrived because I only check my mail about once a week.  It used to take MONTHS to get cards.  LARA appears to have gotten their act together the last couple of years, and we now see cards arriving within about 3 weeks.

My brother is very sick with a large tumor in his left sinus. He went to the U of M on Thursdayt to have it removed. Four hours into a twelve.hour surgery the doctor called us into a room and told us he had to stop because the canser had gone thru the bone and is now in the brain area. They want to try radiation and chemo in high dose to try to shrink it. If that works then they will go in and remove it. If it does not work he will die soon. He is a good man who worked hard his whole life. He is 67 and in good health other than this canser. We would like to try high dose hemp oil. I want to find very high quality oil for him. I hear this will shrink tumors fast. Do you all think this is true? And if so what do we need to do to get some. We have a very open minded doctor if we need his help we have it.

what city is your brother in ?

Terry...

Im not trying to directly recommend for anyone to openly break a law that could result in criminal charges... That being said, the current law isnt designed to help a person in your situation, at least it doesnt function in a manner that best addresses your situation/need.

This is where a dispensary can/will help you where the State will not, or in a mannet that is otherwise 'illegal' for a legitimate caregiver to offer assistance. The law kind of forces a person into a precarious position, despite the urgency of your medical needs. But a dispensary will put their neck out in order to help people such as yourself.

Since you are already going into a2, they have dispensaries that are sanctioned and licensed by the city. If you walk into several of them one afternoon, you will very likely find one that is accommodating to your needs and time requirements. If you use a doc they are familiar with, or book an appointment through them directly, they will very likely assist you on the spot with a legitmate doctor's rec... Which is why it will help if you book an appt through them. You could get same day assistance from a dispensary, whereas thr state could care less to assist you.

Spend an afternoon speaking w them, in person if possible. You will likely find one or two that you personally feel comfortable with (nice, decent people willing to help), and they could likely help w a docs appt and services within a timely manner.

Best of regards

Terry Yep get the recommendation from the doctor then you at least got the defense covered and in a hurry too............ Cards are coming out pretty close to the 20 business day timeline. Although I did send mine close to the same timing as you did Highlander but mine was given a NEW ISSUE DATE of 2015............... Guess they considered that past the expiration even though they signed for it like the 27 th or something.  Good luck to you and your brother.............. My thoughts and prayers will be with you both..............

He is to see his doctor tomorrow. He is going to ask for a card. I am wanting to refine the oil only because I want to use the very best products I can to give him the best chance to recover from this. I feel we only have one change to get it right so I don't want to cut any corners. I have watched video on the process and feel good about doing it. Please keep us in your prayers. Thanks terry.

print off the certification paper yourself and bring it in

http://michigan.gov/mmp has the forms.

you want this one "MMMP Application Packet (Applicants 18 and over)"

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/lara_BHCS_MMMP_Application_Packet_0115_478291_7.pdf

most non-cert drs dont have these forms ready/available i'd say.

remember, no whiteout can be used on the form, if you mess up, print it out again.

make sure all info is correct, even birthdates and full names. no abbreviations.

and you cant send copies in to lara, must be original document that the dr signs.

We are going to natures answer in Ann arbor on Monday to meet there doctor and get Doug registered and I am going to get registered as his caregiver. Am going to start with a few ounces of high grade product to make my first batch of Simpson oil. If anyone has any tips I would like to hear them. I have the .99 pure isopropyl and a large stainless steal pot to mix it in. Can I use a good crock pot instead of a rice cooker? I am going to use a coffee maker for the final cook down. How much oil should this yield? Thanks again for all your help in this time of need. Terry.

if you are going to a cert dr, please remember to take a copy of the medical records with you, so you can give those to the cert dr for his records. it is important that the dr has a copy of the medical records and reviews them for a proper dr-pt relationship.

i would recommend using edible alcohol, like everclear or high proof vodka instead of iso. but thats me. when using edible alcohol, you can then let the leftover bud dry out, and then cook/eat it. as extractions never remove all of the cannabinoids. i try not to let anything go to waste , especially something so expensive. maybe i'm just a cheap azz!

remember you can do several (2-3) "runs" of alcohol over the buds to remove more cannabinoids. although the first run will be the best, you will still get useful medicinal properties out of the 2nd and 3rd run.

:cough: please dont mention amounts over your 2.5 oz limit, safety first and all of that... :cough:

the internet says about 10% result when doing extractions, this is for butane , but should be similar for alcohol extraction.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eldertrees/comments/zy31c/dae_know_the_ratios_for_butane_honey_oil_input_to/

this one has more detailed , with some calculations about 2-4 grams per oz with alcohol:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/poll-oil-yield-per-oz.12436/

crock pot , ok , coffee maker is ok (on warm only! no super hot stuff) but remember the final product will be a very very sticky oil, so you need to be able to put your hand in whatever container you use (dont use a coffee pot).

remember when working with alcohol, work outside. work outside and oh yeah, work outside and DO NOT BREATHE THE FUMES.

some videos on using alcohol to extract:

(everclear)

(iso 99%)

there are of course MANY MANY more videos to watch on youtube, this is just two of them... i recommend watching a bunch, take notes, and follow your notes.

oil is very strong product and has been known to knock people out (sleep for 3 days straight even), especially people who are unfamiliar with cannabis. so take it easy, and understand that sleeping will be a natural side effect of ingestion of that much cannabis extract.

your bro may also find relief from some cannabis side effects by using oil in a suppository. although i only have one persons' youtube video that tells me the side effects are different with that method of use. so he may want to try that option if he finds too much dizzyness or vertigo or paranoia by swallowing. i think the method to make a suppository is to put some oil in a straw, and then freeze it. cut the straw and then you will have a small pencil size frozen oil... may have to mix it with something else to get it to freeze, check internet recipes.

good luck! i am not a lawyer nor doctor and this is not medical nor legal advice.

I did not know about the oz limit. We will not cross this. I already down loaded the state paperwork the you brought up. The person I talked to at natures answer said his hospital discharge paperwork discussing his type of cancer will work. The person there that I talked with could not have been nicer. Thank you for the links. I do not want to waste my brothers money by ruining the oil. I feel alot of pressure to get this right the first time. Thanks terry.

I did not know about the oz limit. We will not cross this. I already down loaded the state paperwork the you brought up. The person I talked to at natures answer said his hospital discharge paperwork discussing his type of cancer will work. The person there that I talked with could not have been nicer. Thank you for the links. I do not want to waste my brothers money by ruining the oil. I feel alot of pressure to get this right the first time. Thanks terry.

If your brother is not experienced in the use of marijuana, go easy on the dose. It may be a good idea to have him smoke some prior to using the oil. Concentrates can literally temporarily disable a person if they are not familiar with the effects of marijuana. Actually they can lay you out even if you are experienced. Start small and increase the dose as tolerated.

Read (Google) Maureen Dowd's account of her experience with a chocolate bar in Colorado. She ate too much and spent the next 10 hours in a state of high unpleasantness.

well, we were just trying to explain that sleeping and unresponsive sleeping are possible side effects. we mentioned this because some people freak out and call for an ambulance, plus emergency room visit. just trying to save you $10k ambulance ride and $10k ER visit just because you/bro fell asleep.people think they are dying and go to hospital. 5 hours later they are fine. it can be scary not being able to wake someone up (who is still breathing). just trying to let you know that it is "normal".heres some articles about other people:http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/04/24/edibles-the-main-culprit-when-it-comes-to-marijuana-hospital-visits/

“After 20 years of being here at this busy inner-city emergency department, it’s very unusual for me to see somebody after they’ve smoked marijuana unless there’s something else in there,” said Dr. Chris Colwell, director of emergency medicine at Denver Health Medical Center.Colwell said about five to 10 people now come in per week, complaining about how they’re feeling after ingesting edibles. They can’t end the effect of the marijuana.“Can’t end the high and in many cases they’re unhappy because it’s not the high, they’re feeling something different. And we just wait until the effects wears off.”
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/28627179/man-hospitalized-after-unknowingly-eating-daughters-pot-brownies

A father was hospitalized after eating several marijuana-laced brownies baked by his daughter.The 58-year-old Independence Township man told first responders he thought he was having a stroke.The man was released from the hospital and is expected to be okay.
there is nothing they can do for people at the hospital for marijuana, aside from wasting your money and driving your insurance up (and notifying the police). now i wonder if theres some kind of 24 hour talk line for marijuana edible people?also, a funny video for you, of a dearborn police officer who took marijuana out of evidence and made brownies with it, then called 911 because he thought he was dying.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8jywTuyawthis is what its like to be on marijuana edibles. time goes slowly and you think you are dying. or having a stroke. but you're not. you can still answer a bunch of questions coherently. just feels weird. hard to explain.

I've heard of valium/Librium given to the few people who didn't feel go0d after eating cannabis infused edibles.

a point to ponder is differing chemotypes taking the same drug. Just as Rx will affect different people in a different way,

cannabis can also perform this way as well. this is demonstrated when one person eats a gram of oil and goes to work in the yard

while the next person eats the same gram and flips out, sleeps for two days.

This is key in my patient interviews. I grow what is correct for my organ chemotype, and seek others who share the same needs. Otherwise it's hit or miss

with satisfaction, without strain hunting/trial and error. In other words...if our favorites are not suitable for a new patient, my interview was flawed, and I replace that patient with one I can please immediately.

One persons' experience with cannabis/oil does not necessarily give good expectations of the next persons' I find. I grew hundreds of different strains before I located a handful of "the right ones" . Don't be put off with your first sampling for instance...if its odd or scary. Dosage, strain, personal chemotype, extraction process, solvent usage/removal, rx, mood, health, stress, all will play a part with cannabis effects.

Edited by grassmatch