Need Help.

When the time comes I will dose myself with a small amount before I add it to the gell caps. I do not want to put my brother thru that.

You may want to try making canna butter instead of oil. The effects of ingestion are the same.

In order to increase the potency of the butter you can do something called "decarboxylating" the cannabis buds before extracting the active ingredients. Google it.

Be forewarned, however, that this process magnifies the strength of the butter exponentially!

You don't need to decarb the bud in order to derive the medical benefits or to feel the effects. I think the only advantage to decarbing is that you will need to use less of a dose to achieve effects - a consideration if you have to pay retail prices for bud.

Edibles are unusual in that the dose needed for person "A" to feel the effects may not produce any effects in person"B". For example: I have been using medical marijuana for about 7 years. I am an experienced user. I made cannabutter cookies and consumed 1/4 of a standard size cookie (2-2 1/2 inch diameter). This was enough of a dose to enable me to feel the effects. My patients feel nothing after eating 1/4 cookie and some require a full cookie in order to feel effects. Go figure...

Anyway, I and all my patients agree that decarboxylated cannabutter cookies kick some serious azz. Everyone agreed that even 1/4 cookie was too much. 1/4 cookie left me immobilized for 4-6 hours with somewhat nauseous waves sweeping over me with increased intensity up until about the 6 hour mark. I was fine after that and slept like a baby that night. I gave all I had made away to other patients who are apparently hard core because they ate a whole cookie and thought it was "OK". Just be forewarned however that decarbed cannabutter is powerful stuff.

START SMALL. YOU CAN ALWAYS TAKE MORE, BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE BACK WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY EATEN!   Also note that it takes about 2 hours for the consumed cannabutter edibles to take effect and the effects will peak after about 4 hours. If you want to continue the effects uninterrupted for more than 4 hours, consume another dose at the 2-3 hour mark.

Edited by Chauncy Gardner

decarbing buds before extraction compared to decarbing butter while extracting compared to decarbing extract while further cooking in a recipe ?

Excellent points. There are more ways to make edibles than there are to skin a... whatever. When or if this stuff is legalized we will have uniform doses. Until then it will be a shot in the dark as to how much active ingredient home made edibles contain.

The main thing is that it is better to work up from a small dose than to work down from a large dose and until a person knows what they are dealing with it is a crap shoot. My intent is to let people know that it is best to be prudent and to err on the low side when dealing with edibles.

You can't OD on marijuana, but you may think you have if you take too much.

Edited by Chauncy Gardner

We went to natures answer to and got Doug a patient card and a caregiver card for myself. All the people we have encountered on this endeavor have been so kind including you all. Started Doug on his treatment. So far so good. He seems to tolerate it. We will slowly ramp it up as he grows accustomed to the dose. If there is any other things I can do

To increase his chances to beat this cancer that you can think of please speak up. Thank you terry

if you can, try removing all processed foods (white bread too) and all sugar from his diet.

sugar FEEDS cancer. like jet fuel on a fire. of course there isnt any definitive proof of this. just like there isnt proof that marijuana kills cancer. maybe its all a placebo. who knows.

stick to eating leafy greens, drinking vegetable juice, buy a good juicer and use it EVERY DAY. have a juice with breakfast lunch and dinner. cucumber + apple + celery + carrot + spinach. or cucumber + kale + carrot + melon. so many recipes to stay healthy with. every vegetable in moderation. keep recipes that your bro likes and ditch the ones he doesnt. its hard to change diets quickly...

go easy on fruit juice! too much sugar!

add more hemp to the diet. hemp seed oil, hemp seed milk. birds that eat hemp seed live longer! think it works on humans too? :)

fruits and veggies with color have lots of anti-oxidants. things like pomegranates, beets, purple carrots, blueberries. eat lots of these. pomegranates are also great for the heart. the 100% pom juice is available in most stores, buy it by the case. also eat fresh ones of course.

broccoli and veggies in the broccoli family (cauliflower, cabbage, garden cress, bok choy, broccoli, brussels sprouts, etc) have documented anti-cancer properties. EAT LOTS OF THEM RAW.

look up pro-biotics and have him start taking them.

what else?

losing weight, if overweight, is strongly recommended.

breathing cleaner air (get hepa filter), drinking cleaner water (get good water filtration system, whole house, so your shower water is also filtered).

get houseplants to also clean air and VOC. most any houseplants will do well, not cactus though. something with lots of leaves. try to put one in each room even!

consider a puppy or kitten. mental health also plays a large role in healing and pets are always good companions.

of course i'm not a dr, this is all stuff i heard on the 'net. could be wrong.

scientific report of the 2015 dietary guidelines advisory committee

https://ods.od.nih.gov/pubs/2015_DGAC_Scientific_Report.pdf

In comparison to recommended amounts in the USDA Food Patterns, the majority of the U.S.

population has low intakes of key food groups that are important sources of the shortfall

nutrients, including vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and dairy. Furthermore, population intake is too high for refined grains and added sugars.

I see no reason that kief hash will not work. After making it I decarb it in a slow oven at about two hundred twenty five degrees for about forty five minutes. If you then roll a little into a mouse turd size to start and add more if it becomes necessary there is no reason to think it will not work as well as chemically extracted oil made with petrochemical or other long chain hydrocarbon solvents, and it is infinitely safer to make.