Marijuana Ingredient Can Help Heal Broken Bones

trix

Israel -- Scientists in Israel are exploring another medical use for marijuana: Their research indicates that a compound in the plant helps heal bone fractures.

The new study, published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, found that broken bones healed faster and stronger when the patient received the non-psychoactive compound cannabidiol, or CBD.

Read More...

interesting that they tried cbd and thc together but stuck with cbd only because nonpsycho. i bet the rats with the thc+cbd were healthier, even if the results did not show an increase in bone repair.

A number of studies in recent years have demonstrated the medical potential of marijuana. Purified forms of cannabis have been tied to better blood sugar control and may help slow the spread of HIV. A growing body of research suggests CBD may also be effective in reducing inflammation brought on by multiple sclerosis, stopping metastasis in many kinds of aggressive cancer, killing cancerous cells in people with leukemia and serving as an alternative antipsychotic treatment."The clinical potential of cannabinoid-related compounds is simply undeniable at this point," Gabet said.
wow.

It was the wording from this article that led me to believe that may be the case. 

A new study published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research by Tel Aviv University and Hebrew University researchers explores another promising new medical application for marijuana. According to the research, the administration of the non-psychotropic component cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) significantly helps heal bone fractures. The study, conducted on rats with mid-femoral fractures, found that CBD -- even when isolated from tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the major psychoactive component of cannabis -- markedly enhanced the healing process of the femora after just eight weeks.

It was the even when isolated.  Although I'd have to find the Iron Labs postcard, I thought there were 3-4 cannabinoids that helped with bone growth.  i'm pretty sure that CBC was helpful too.  So I think it worked better with THC although I'd have to get a hold of the study. And probably better with a whole plant extract also.  I thought I read CBD was only therapuetic in a small window extracted and used by itself but leveled off with any dosage size when made with a whole plant extract.