Late Planting Outdoors

Update: It has been a week now since covering the plants. Two of the three larger plants are turning to flowering. Smaller plants are not showing any change yet.

Changes I would make next time:

Drive 4 t post around the plants and leave taller than plants, put 2x2s on top, then cut and fit plastic to fit over. This will cut down on damage to plants from plastic touching the leaves.

Most of damage was from the plastic touching the plant.

GM: Thank you for the information.

Just for a 'control' in your experiment:

Many/most strains outdoors right now are starting to bud without any intervention. It's that time of year.

Plant damage can make a plant want to bud also.

Edited by Restorium2

Just for a 'control' in your experiment:

Many/most strains outdoors right now are starting to bud without any intervention. It's that time of year.

Plant damage can make a plant want to bud also.

Yes, this is about same time as harvested last year. The plants did look like it was going to be a couple more weeks though.

Hoping for small plants to flower now.

Only one of larger plants has started to bud, others showing no signs. it has been two weeks since covering with plastic for the 48 hours.

Will just wait for them to start budding on their own, and hopefully finish before Christmas.

stupid Grassmatch, only got it half right aye! lol

I notice the difference between the ones that light dep caused flower initiation , and ones that did not

garbage can vs garbage bag

small plant vs large plant.

garbage cans are 100% light proof, are your garbage bags too ? I just put one over my eyes and saw light. my contractor ones don't let light in for thought, but the normal black glad ones do. just thinking outloud

I used the 8 mil plastic and should be light proof, not sure what happened. The one plant is flowering out nicely, one other may be just starting.

No complaints, learning as I go. Thanks for all the info.

Keeping an eye on the small plants (high cbd) hoping they will start turning soon.