Fuzzy Green Caterpillars An Inch Long Are Eating The Tops And

spinosad outdoors

ed says

The first is to use their natural enemy: bacillus thuringiensis, a bacteria specific to these insects. It is perfectly safe for you and your pets. There are several brands available, one that is widely used is called Dipel.

Another choice is pyrethrum, a compound made and used by chrysanthemum plants to fend off insects. It is safe for warm-blooded animals but should not be used around fish and reptiles.

The third possibility is a product I developed and manufacture called Zero Tolerance made from natural plant oils that will both kill the insects and dry up and kill the fungus that the caterpillars have spread. All three of these suggestions are safe to use on edibles, ingestibles and smokables.

Edited by grassmatch

spinosad outdoors

ed says

The first is to use their natural enemy: bacillus thuringiensis, a bacteria specific to these insects. It is perfectly safe for you and your pets. There are several brands available, one that is widely used is called Dipel.

Another choice is pyrethrum, a compound made and used by chrysanthemum plants to fend off insects. It is safe for warm-blooded animals but should not be used around fish and reptiles.

The third possibility is a product I developed and manufacture called Zero Tolerance made from natural plant oils that will both kill the insects and dry up and kill the fungus that the caterpillars have spread. All three of these suggestions are safe to use on edibles, ingestibles and smokables.

I've read that Dipel and pyrethrum are safe to apply to food crops up to the day of harvest, but I've never seen anything regarding application to smokable crops.  As you've said before, there are no pesticides deemed safe/approved for use on cannabis.

I've read that Dipel and pyrethrum are safe to apply to food crops up to the day of harvest, but I've never seen anything regarding application to smokable crops.  As you've said before, there are no pesticides deemed safe/approved for use on cannabis.

"if its made by Ed, go ahead" I guess?

First time I heard anyone "pro" state it too.

funny to hear you say that though, when others have said the opposite with Eagle 20 systemic ornamental only pesticide. good to know someone knows better !

Not that I've had experience with these particular creatures, but I have used caspacin derived from dried habanero peppers, dried, ground, and then simmered in water enough to cover, added at a rate of two to four drops per two gallon watering can, and more can be added to make a strong enough solution if need be. It causes no harm to the plants and keeps gnats away too (which is why I went with it to begin with and think it might work for your pests) and should not be used during the last couple of weeks of bloom. It will not cause any harm, but might give your smoke an added spicy dimension if not entirely flushed. A simple rinse gets rid of much of it. Handle with care and don't get it in your eyes. I have to wonder if it will work as a systemic to be added to your feed water. I'm sure it can be sprayed.