Man Allegedly Selling Marijuana To Dispensary Faces Federal Gun Charge

bobandtorey

FLINT, MI -- A Lansing man is facing a federal gun charge after authorities claim he was on his way to sell marijuana to multiple Flint-area medical marijuana dispensaries.

A criminal complaint was unsealed July 31 in Flint U.S. District Court against the man after he was stopped in December 2014 by a Swartz Creek police officer.

The man's name is not being released because he has not yet been indicted or arraigned on any charges. 

A Swartz Creek police officer claims he observed a Ford Expedition driving six miles per hour over the speed limit as it was traveling east on Interstate 69 near Morrish Road, according to an affidavit filed with the criminal complaint.

The officer followed the vehicle and claimed that it crossed the white fog line on two occasions and its left turn signal was not operating properly, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit claims the officer stopped the vehicle near the Miller Road exit and discovered the driver was allegedly had no proof of insurance. The officer also claimed that he could smell a strong odor of marijuana and decided to search the vehicle.

An orange bucket with "Flint" written on the lid was discovered in the hatch area of the vehicle, the affidavit claims. Inside, the officer allegedly discovered four plastic bags containing more than a pound of marijuana.

The officer continued searching the vehicle and allegedly discovered a .32-caliber revolver in a holster tucked under the dashboard near the glove compartment, according to the affidavit.

Police allege the suspect admitted to possessing the marijuana, saying that he was transporting it to Flint to sell to several marijuana dispensaries. The affidavit claims the suspect was hoping to get $2,600 for the marijuana in order to pay his rent. He allegedly sold marijuana to the dispensaries previously, according to the affidavit.

The suspect denied any knowledge of the handgun. 

Court records show the suspect was convicted in 2008 in Eaton Circuit Court of delivery of marijuana and carrying a concealed weapon.

The complaint only charges the suspect with being a felon in possession of a firearm. No charges have been cited in connection to the drugs, according to the complaint. 

A preliminary exam is scheduled for Aug. 21. The suspect was released on $10,000 unsecured bond.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/08/man_allegedly_selling_marijuan.html

The officer followed the vehicle and claimed that it crossed the white fog line on two occasions and its left turn signal was not operating properly, according to the affidavit.

If your out catting around,  take care of this sh it... nothing gives them more joy that having an excuse to pull you, then the trouble begins..

I make sure all of my lights work dilligently!

Dont give leo a reason to pull you over!

That is all im gonna say about this!

Peace

I do the same but also know they can and do burn out while driving and to prove that Leo had no reason to pull someone over is not going to happen nor go well with a Judge 

Thanks 

Jim

Dont give leo a reason to pull you over!   THEY  can always make up a reason if they want to,    Cop told me once that he could find a reason to pull anyone over just give him two minutes behind the car,

I agree Leo does lie and some are just lying because they are allowed to 

Edited by bobandtorey

Dont give leo a reason to pull you over!   THEY  can always make up a reason if they want to,    Cop told me once that he could find a reason to pull anyone over just give him two minutes behind the car,

I live in a small town, I have cops ride my arse all the time, (knocking on wood) I dont freak out, I dont act no diff than I would any one else on my arse, I dont travel at night with my mm, I use my cruise control on all roads where the speed limit is 55 or over, and I stay in between the lines, if I get tired and cant do that I find a place to pull over and close my eye's for a min!

I realize lights do burn out while driving, in fact that is how they mostly do burn out, that is a great reason to check your lights when ever possibe, ie, getting gas, parked in front of a store window etc, Like I said I always check my lights!

I had a cop tell me you would have to pretty much run him over for him to pull you over! :lolu:

Peace

FLINT, MI -- A Lansing man is facing a federal gun charge after authorities claim he was on his way to sell marijuana to multiple Flint-area medical marijuana dispensaries.

A criminal complaint was unsealed July 31 in Flint U.S. District Court against the man after he was stopped in December 2014 by a Swartz Creek police officer.

The man's name is not being released because he has not yet been indicted or arraigned on any charges. 

A Swartz Creek police officer claims he observed a Ford Expedition driving six miles per hour over the speed limit as it was traveling east on Interstate 69 near Morrish Road, according to an affidavit filed with the criminal complaint.

The affidavit claims the officer stopped the vehicle near the Miller Road exit and discovered the driver was allegedly had no proof of insurance. The officer also claimed that he could smell a strong odor of marijuana and decided to search the vehicle.

An orange bucket with "Flint" written on the lid was discovered in the hatch area of the vehicle, the affidavit claims. Inside, the officer allegedly discovered four plastic bags containing more than a pound of marijuana.

The officer continued searching the vehicle and allegedly discovered a .32-caliber revolver in a holster tucked under the dashboard near the glove compartment, according to the affidavit.

Police allege the suspect admitted to possessing the marijuana, saying that he was transporting it to Flint to sell to several marijuana dispensaries. The affidavit claims the suspect was hoping to get $2,600 for the marijuana in order to pay his rent. He allegedly sold marijuana to the dispensaries previously, according to the affidavit.

The suspect denied any knowledge of the handgun. 

Court records show the suspect was convicted in 2008 in Eaton Circuit Court of delivery of marijuana and carrying a concealed weapon.

The complaint only charges the suspect with being a felon in possession of a firearm. No charges have been cited in connection to the drugs, according to the complaint. 

A preliminary exam is scheduled for Aug. 21. The suspect was released on $10,000 unsecured bond.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/08/man_allegedly_selling_marijuan.html

It seems this fella already had a fellony conviction for possesion and carrying a weapon during the commision of a felony!

so he cant be a c.g because of the drug fellony, so he can only be a pt and posses 2.5 oz's,,,,,,,12 plants, etc!

If he was trying to get 2800 bucks he must have had way over his 2.5 lol, they said he had a little over an lb in 4 diff bags inside of the bucket with lid near the hatch area of the vehicle (which seems to be in a box/bucket with lid and where it is suppose to be).

he was supposedly doing 6mph over the speed limit and doing a bit of weaving, I dont know what they mean that the blinker was working inproperly, it should either work or not work eh?

I always use my cruise control, if the speed limit is 55 mph I go under 60 mph and over 55 mph (the safe zone) or on a free way with a 70mph speed limit, I will only go maybe 72 at most,,,,,than I dont have to ever worry about hitting my breaks or going over the speed limit, most people have a habbit of hitting there breaks when they see a cop whether they are speeding or not, people who are not breaking the law will also turn off a road if a cop is following them and it is not realy where they were going!

Bottom line make sure your equip is all working and dont freak out when you see po po!  dont carry over your allowed amount and make sure you have ins lol!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

Who the heck gets talkative at a traffic stop and weed bust ?

Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer

Should be the only thing anyone should say if faced with  the same situation law enforcement is not your friend your not going home if you fess up to breaking the law and if somehow you do they will be coming to kick your door down in the near future.