Whats Going On? Time To Jump Off The Train?

Romen

I have not been here much lately  and to be honest recently I find nothing compelling or interesting in the MMJ world.

The legalization movement has taken hold and commercial cannabis is dominating here in the metro area . I'm still holding on the traditional way caregiving  with patients and the $200 oz. but feel the time is short , a year maybe two and we will be done , the model will be dead .

Or is it already?  Even on here I see the same people just dominating the board and marketing stuff. It has been that way for a while now.

Compassion clubs are becoming extinct.

Maybe it's living in metro area that gives me that sense.

I work downtown Detroit and I see 3-5 new dispensaries a month just in my general stomping area, popping up like weeds. There's even one opening soon with a drive thru, an old Burger King on Gratiot

Tell me I'm wrong ? I don't know?

Tell me what's compelling or where to look for the truth ,beauty and goodness that I once saw in the Michigan MMJ movement.

.........truth beauty and goodness that I once saw in the Michigan MMJ movement.

When was that ?

those are in the eye of the beholder. Up north here, we still see the beauty of the herb and our Act in the state.

If lived in Beirut I suppose my views would be jaded, so yeah, it may be just your area influencing your perception.

Come on out to the lake for a week, unwind, talk to some locals, and you'll see, cannabis is alive and well.

I haven't found a road near me  yet that doesn't share the skunky parfum of my favorite herb.....no fears, no worries, they

just keep planting the seed.

The local sheriff has been "assisting" a grower two miles from me for a few years. He stops in and talks to the owner(s) about construction of their massive outdoor grow, the smell of their strains, and the safety of growing cannabis up north. They shake hands and smile when they part.

the only people I've seen in trouble were selling to a dispensary or to others that weren't in their registry. 

Hang in there man, things are getting better every day

Edited by grassmatch

I never liked caregivers.

Most dispensary employees and owners are caregivers.

Most of the coa cases have been caregivers.

the people whining the most are caregivers.

The people paying law firms for bad local ordinances? Caregivers.

The people coming up with and lobbying for the dispensary bill? Caregivers.

oh look, another thread with a whiny caregiver... oh his business model doesn't work anymore selling to poor patients because the free market does not care about laws.

Care giving was supposed to be about growing for people who could not grow, not about making a quick buck.

My opinion is not popular around here though hah.

of course i dont speak for the site, this is just my opinion.

oh look, another thread with a whiny caregiver... oh his business model doesn't work anymore selling to poor patients because the free market does not care about laws.

Care giving was supposed to be about growing for people who could not grow, not about making a quick buck.

Obviously. Your prejudice is showing. Maybe take a break? You are not being fair or real. Just another hater that makes up reasons for it.

Ya right, ok i can't grow anymore.. i need two oz a month free of course, no quick buck for you....when can we sign papers n start giving me my meds..

I wish you'd tell us how you really feel. :P

There will still be medical marijuana  even if legalization occurs. Medical is NEVER going away.  If you think it is, obviously you have been blind to the tens of thousands of people it is helping and people will  use the mmmj law for many decades to come. In Colorado, the patient population has increased since legalization.

The caregivers you speak of are the serious MINORITY in the caregiver system.  Those caregivers have always been black market people who are simply trying to take advantage of the system.

The vast majority of caregivers are spouses, children, brothers, sisters, family members or close friends of the family. It would be my guess that would cover near 75% of CG's in the system. 

Those other caregivers, when legalization occurs, will leave for "greener" pastures, thus leaving the medical system in a much more pure and sound form.  That is probably a good thing.

But as you said, most problems have occurred with Cg's and dispensaries.  Patients have generally been protected which was the main purpose of the law. I would say less than 1% of patients have had problems legally.  That is something to celebrate. That means it has worked fairly decent for patients.

Right, of course I support caregivers who help thier family members.

Just find it funny how caregivers hate each other for taking each other's "bidness".

Fair business is fair business. But throwing people under the bus under false circumstances is always bad. Like what you did is terrible. You spewed a whole bunch of half truths mixed with total fallacies. THINK before you spew bs. You know all of that bs is mostly wrong. That's the worst part. You are not ignorant, just hateful. 

Are you sure you are at the right place? administrator and all. This is the MMMA, caregivers are half of the program.

Thinking you are looking for the group that meets down the hall., Caregiver Haters Annonymous

I never mentioned business model only compassion model.

I am a caregiver not a lobbyist .

It is the model of affordable meds.

I can see the tarnish in your reply.

About what I expected.

I don't need to justify .

Nothing compelling or interesting here.

It is what it is.

A is A.

Edited by Romen

--- u r frustrated w the ugliness of human nature, not that specific group of humans. Ugliness expresses everywhere and all the time, with all groups of humans.

-- yes, but that is primarily a function of legal maneuvering, which is designed into the system within which we live. Lawyers tell them to do this.

-- indeed, this group of people (for better or worse depending upon the individual person and their personal values/ethics) are the ones that take the majority of the risk, be it growing or distributing, to truly ill people or otherwise. People buying or simply using take the least risk, and are dependent upon someone else taking all the risk of growing. They r also the focus of police action, so it only makes sense.

-- yeah, they have a lot to be upset about, no doubt... The good and the bad of bunch. And yeah, there is also a lot to complain about the group of cg's... As there r both the good and the bad just likr all walks of life.

-- the people who supported the original mmj law in MI... People that grew and sold in CA, and wanted to expand the ability to do so in all the States, one by one, progressing as they could. Your medical mj laws (the original one)... Stem from the same people you dislike.

-- see above... It is the money interests that brought about everything we have witnessed the last decade in reversals of the status quo wod. Make no mistake about that. Some versions r better, some r really bad (obvious in the greed). Not saying some good isnt in the effort as well, but it all started w money in the eyes.

-- just like any walk of life, or groups of people, some good and some bad. Some creative, and some obtuse. Some w good intentions, some w selfish ones.

-- that is the rhetoric or the romanticized vision u hold... They sold it well to u. But it isnt true at the core of it. It was then, and is now, an attempt to legitimize and legalize a market to make make money... By whom and how is still within out control though.

-- perfectly understandable actually, just misguided and misinformed.

-- just like aholes, everyone has got one, including me. Aint no thang... ;-)

so what your saying is all people that can't grow should just settle for mexi brick? defeat the purpose of MEDICAL Marijuana and get the stuff with no medical value? there will always be a few bad apples trying to get rich quick. that dont speak for ALL caregivers.

you either can't be a cg or you live within the Detroit city limits where is a free for all. if your from the city i can understand why your mad the 200 shops taking your patients selling it for cheaper then we can afford to sell it for. they sell wax edibles and everything else weed related and us caregivers are not allowed to make or use....

T-Pain has spun !

Dispensary on the brain!

Without caregivers dispensaries would be the other option.

make sure you vote your con/science buddy.

how many other people secretly hate caregivers? which bills do they support?  and why?

I would say less than 1% of caregivers in the program have had legal issues?  but not sure if its correct.

Caregivers be fearing the wrath of tpain the Admin now. I sorry tpain, I never did those things you claim, I hope you still like me(least as much as you may have yesterday) :P

romen: are you saying the dispensary model is not the compassionate model?

sorry, i thought you were talking about jumping off the (money) train. i was wrong to assume you were in it for the money train, instead of the compassion train. i apologize.

dont know where the compassion clubs have gone. no one does the work. where do patients get info from? who knows. 170,000 patients out there, in every county in michigan.

i never liked dispensaries.

it wouldnt make sense for me to dislike caregivers but like dispensaries, as i stated most dispensaries are made up of caregivers...

know why i'm angry at the few caregivers who cause problems? because those caregivers are going to kill the program, ultimately.

sure, me complaining about those few caregivers wont fix anything.

neither will you guys complaining about me complaining fix anything.

i just want to draw attention to whats going on. the "money interests" are caregivers. some are from this state, some are from canada, some from colorado. the caregivers who get local ordinances passed where they can grow at industrial warehouses, how do you think that affects caregivers who grow in their homes?

feels like i'm pissing in the wind.

are we going to unite to block 4209? or are we going to divide?

I never liked caregivers.     So what of it?

Most dispensary employees and owners are caregivers.  Lawyers tell them their actions are "defendable", have at it !

Most of the coa cases have been caregivers.                    The lawyers always win the big money, it aint fair

the people whining the most are caregivers.                 .......and Admins

The people paying law firms for bad local ordinances? Caregivers.   The people collecting all the money in the program currently?  Lawyers.

The people coming up with and lobbying for the dispensary bill? Caregivers.  the people writing those bills?  Attorneys

oh look, another thread with a whiny caregiver... oh his business model doesn't work anymore selling to poor patients because the free market does not care about laws.  Oh look, another Admin trying to pigeon hole his readership, like a back door censorship

Care giving was supposed to be about growing for people who could not grow, not about making a quick buck.  Admin is supposed to be managing the site, not injecting ridiculous, scandalous, untrue accusations against its readership

My opinion is not popular around here though hah.  contrary to your belief, it actually was popular

of course i dont speak for the site, this is just my opinion.  As admin, your opinion is possibly controlling the readership, its willingness to participate, and forming entire site based motives for all new readers to view.

If any of us would have posted a disdain like yours against patients or caregivers we would have been censored. I've seen it several times here. Bashing the program with its registrants is not becoming of you, admin, or the site regulations imo.

If I was admin I'd let it fly for a day or two, so you'd get your likkins', then I'd wipe the thread. shame on you tpain.

I forgive you of course, we all have bad days and misconceptions. kindly remove me from your cg hate list, and we could be friends again?

nah, not at all. I do think being Admin is different than being a member though. I'm not sure of proper/efficient administering really. I believe your opinion as Admin is influential and can steer subject matter and forum opinion in ways that a member's cannot. This is a slippery slope when posting amongst a forum with extra sensory perceptions. If I was a new reader and your latest opine was what I came across....you can imagine I, as a caregiver, would avoid a forum in which Admin would sport off in that way against "us" caregivers. I could engage properly with it if expressed by a member or a patient, without the Admin title. With that title comes all kinds of politics, including the fear of censorship, banning/scolding by said Admin or others.  This would normally keep me away maybe as a newbie. As you can tell though, at this time I don't have those issues when sharing my opinion with you. maybe others do ?  In either case the ruse(?) and resulting raucous will serve our forum well on google. 

peace