Whats Going On? Time To Jump Off The Train?

Romen

I never liked caregivers.

Most dispensary employees and owners are caregivers.

Most of the coa cases have been caregivers.

the people whining the most are caregivers.

The people paying law firms for bad local ordinances? Caregivers.

The people coming up with and lobbying for the dispensary bill? Caregivers.

oh look, another thread with a whiny caregiver... oh his business model doesn't work anymore selling to poor patients because the free market does not care about laws.

Care giving was supposed to be about growing for people who could not grow, not about making a quick buck.

My opinion is not popular around here though hah.

of course i dont speak for the site, this is just my opinion.

Most folks don't like medical at all. Never did. Thanks for being honest. It took me a while to understand this. Now I compare it to folks not liking school or tests, mowing the law, going to see a doctor. It all sucks. Obligations are a downer. Following rules is a downer. Having to qualify sucks. Having to have a caregiver sucks. Sucky stuff. To be able to separate your marijuana use from medical is such a relief for you. I understand. But your new ship is not on the horizon yet so you better keep this one from burning down until it gets here. 

Resto, you know I'll fight for medical forever.

The infuriating part of what you posted is that there are great caregivers in Michigan that are victims of all the things you spoke of. Silent victims that you have victimized again by lumping all caregivers together. Insults on top of injuries in the press and courts.

You guys do realize that the law was for patients and that, even though they are illegal, patients are still going to dispensaries in droves?  Why would you want to keep out or further deny something that patients choose? If all patients chose dispensaries I'd find something else to do rather than fight against the ability for patients to choose where to get there meds.

You also realize that improper transport is legal and that the gov't and cops make more arrests on that than any other MJ ordinance, but you think it's the caregivers fault acting outside the law that's bringing it backwards?  Interesting......

norby, ask yourself why the illegal transport law was created.

what set of circumstances occurred that made it a priority.

was it patients transporting plants and marijuana?

or was it caregivers transporting plants and marijuana?

so if it was a caregiver, logic would dictate that the problem of illegal transport affecting patients was caused... by caregivers, no?

but illegal transport cannot be blamed on caregivers nor patients. because caregivers and patients are legally allowed to transport marijuana.

illegal transport is a bad law, no matter what.

Improper transport is not legal.

The vast vast majority of patients do not use dispensaries.

Dispensaries pretending to be operating as Sec. 4 compliant businesses and lobbying for horrible ordinances and perpetuating the concept of "grey areas" has caused IMMENSE damage to our cause.

Any other silly myths norby?

T-pain,-  the transport law was made specifically to keep people from driving under the influence and medicating while driving. 100% reason why. Well, and to indirectly fund the police bastaards.

The vast vast majority of patients do not use dispensaries.

do you have any stats to back that up?

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/38640-what-is-your-primary-source-for-medical-marijuana/

says 70%

and the mmma own poll says 36% used a dispensary

(73 0% , 41 10-100% = 114 votes / 73 = 64% no dispensary / 36 dispensary. if my math si correct.)

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/42571-what-percentage-of-your-medication-came-from-dispensaries/

norby, ask yourself why the illegal transport law was created.

what set of circumstances occurred that made it a priority.

was it patients transporting plants and marijuana?

or was it caregivers transporting plants and marijuana?

so if it was a caregiver, logic would dictate that the problem of illegal transport affecting patients was caused... by caregivers, no?

but illegal transport cannot be blamed on caregivers nor patients. because caregivers and patients are legally allowed to transport marijuana.

illegal transport is a bad law, no matter what.

Republicans got into office?  The law was passed and it took them time to catch up?  Why then is there no medibles bill passed?  No one screwed up on that, they just read that a medible wasn't a preparation.  It's because the gov't is against us taking care of ourselves.  And so is big pharma, they and the "dispensary lobby" have more attention and money than all caregivers combined.

My stats are the sheer # of them where they are legal locally and the wait time any time i've visited one.  Even if one patient used each one it is their choice, the law states they are legal getting it from anywhere.  So you think all the dispensaries aren't serving patients?  Who's paying their bills?

Any more wise donkey comments Mal? :)

Edited by Norby

So you base your concept on the fact that the dispensary you went to had people in it?  Fish bowl logic there my friend.

do you have any stats to back that up?

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/38640-what-is-your-primary-source-for-medical-marijuana/

says 70%

and the mmma own poll says 36% used a dispensary

(73 0% , 41 10-100% = 114 votes / 73 = 64% no dispensary / 36 dispensary. if my math si correct.)

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/42571-what-percentage-of-your-medication-came-from-dispensaries/

First of all, MPO polled people that came into their dispensary.  For realsy. Hahaha...  They were lobbying to make their business legal.  I know them.

Secondly, the MMMA poll is obviously an odd place to start, but even so:

0% = 73 votes

100%= 12 votes

Now I understand people have a fascination with seeing marijuana sold in a store and have popped in to check it out.  So people under 20% I will say only went out of interest, ,not repeatability, whereas people 80% and above obviously need out of desperation.

0-20% = 81 votes

80-100% = 17 votes

dispenmsaries are just unconnected caregiver transactions, so i'm not even sure what we are arguing about here.

Dispensaries are just sales. The only way it is 'caregivers' is if it's just caregivers servicing their 5 patients. There are no 'dispensaries' like that. It's just pot sellers in a store front with a sign and huge balls.

Hey resto,...

I kinda disagree in that Sec. 8 allows for unregistered caregivers( how many ya seen win a sec 8 defense though?) But yes, I get your point.

p.s.  I have said many times that most dispensary owners are just corner dime bag dealers who turned around and rented the store behind them... ;-)

I really can't see how section eightS could be carried out on a dispensary amount of sales. It's far fetcheder. But it is theoretically possible, I agree. My comment was more towards what is going on as I understand it. 

At this point, I think that unregistered caregivers would/should be for emergencies, not store fronts. So I'm not defending unregistered caregivers just so they can sell to a lot of different patients at a store front. Nope.

Edited by Restorium2

the free for all is truly ruling detroit.

its lack of cash in the d proper, and in wayne co.

both strapped.

the money gov does collect has to go to bigger probs. and structural probs, such as

lack of jobs being where the populace lives, poor local bus service, and demand for recreation thats cheap makes for a huge weed opportunity.