Greedy Caregiver

Crackerboy81

My caregiver has doubled his price for my medicine and also stated he was done growing for me , however he is refusing to return my plants so I can grow them myself as I don't want to deal with the headach of a caregiver again . How do I retrieve my plants from my previous caregiver as he stated he was still growing them , which is illegal I believe?

did you pay for the electricty to grow the plants yes/no

did you pay for the water to grow the plants yes/no

did you pay for the dirt for the plants yes/no

if answer no to those 3 questions, the plants probably arent yours.

did you pay caregiver to grow the plants yes/no

did you pay for the clones/seeds yes/no

i am sorry the arrangement with your caregiver did not work out.

i strongly reccomend you ask a lawyer before doing anything rash.

e.g. taking plants by force could be considered a crime

calling the police, the police might just seize the plants and then no one gets them.

etc etc.

ask your caregiver if you can have some clones/cuttings and then you will be able to grow plants if you so wish to.

this is assuming the plants were always grown by your caregiver. if you had some other kind of arrangement like he was growing plants at your house and then he took the plants, thats something else.

I know it can be frustrating, but it is best to just let it go. It will be more of a headache than what it is worth. If he is not reasonable, it is just not worth it. Even if you bought the strains, it is still not worth the headache.

Put your focus on your grow. It is best to grow for yourself. Order some seeds that look good, I like Attitude and Hemp Depot, there are other good ones, even local.

It is too bad caregivers have to be that way. If any of my patients want to start growing for themselves, I am happy to help them the best I can. Like give them rooted cuttings of the strain of their choice from my garden.

Please don't call the police , geesh.

If my patient held up his end of our agreements in our interview I gladly gift as many cuttings as desired when we part. I don't know a cg who would not.

If my patient did not hold up their end of our agreement...they would be replaced without hesitation. I'd probably say something like.. sorry, I'm not growing for you any more.  CG's don't need to explain, nor does a patient who drops out. You are fortunate your cg didn't just do a disappearing act like other posters have claimed.

If he ripped you off for cash, like a prepay agreement(would be silly as heck to fall for) then you can always take him to small claims court and win.

not illegal for your cg to continue growing 12 plants, with or without you..... If he has replaced you with another patient he is within the law.

I suspect there is more to this, some tell a patient things like "had a fire, police came, price is double now, and then the real telling one...

I am not going to grow for you any longer, in case those others didn't get the message across, when they no longer are willing or able to continue providing their service.

good luck, please place an advertisement in the forum seeking a qualified cg and your troubles will be past tense soon I hope.

My caregiver has doubled his price for my medicine and also stated he was done growing for me , however he is refusing to return my plants so I can grow them myself as I don't want to deal with the headach of a caregiver again . How do I retrieve my plants from my previous caregiver as he stated he was still growing them , which is illegal I believe?

your not getting them plants back. go buy some clones from a local shop and start oj your own make sure you wait til you get your patient card back with plant rights...

Also I guess it's just my point of view here but a person is only as good as their word and if you can't keep your word and agreements then it just goes to show the character of The person you're dealing with I have already begun the process of setting up my own room I'm just hoping as we have been lifetime friends that he does the right thing and at least gives me back a portion of my property

To reply to the other side of the story the only thing that I can see that's changed is he just bought a new car , so my thoughts are as he's trying to compensate is extra bills by making me pay extra and breaking our agreement

Whats your agreement?

Glad to hear you are going to Grow Your Own.  You will get Lots of support here.

Who knows, after you get your opp up  maybe you can have a shiny new payment, er car too.

Edited by beourbud

Also I guess it's just my point of view here but a person is only as good as their word and if you can't keep your word and agreements then it just goes to show the character of The person you're dealing with I have already begun the process of setting up my own room I'm just hoping as we have been lifetime friends that he does the right thing and at least gives me back a portion of my property

that's were people get confused its not your property. he has a legal right to grow for you legally they are not yours he can grow extra plants to provide you meds.

they are your plant rights and do as you please with them but when you sign them over they are no longer yours....

There is a dilemma when a CG is asked to give some of "his" plants to a patient who drops him.  If the CG is authorized to possess the plants, then the patient isn't authorized to possess plants, and a wise CG wouldn't want to transfer plants to a person who can't legally possess them.

The only real solution would seem to be that the patient files a Change Form to allow the patient - not the CG - to possess the plants but keep the caregiver signed up.  Then the CG can transfer plants to the patient.  Then the patient can send in another change form and drop the CG altogether.

I havent read the rest of the thread yet,,,,,,,but the plants are not yours,,,,,did you grow them?  did you pay for the electric, nutes and do all the work it requires to grow them?

when you signed your c.g did you give him 12 plants, actual plants? or did you asign c,g your grow rights?

to many people think if they leave their c.g they should get their 12 plants, they are not your plants, you gave him grow rights to supply you mm for what ever you both agreed would be a good price.

so let it go!

If I was the c.g you speak of, I would save up 12 nice stalks with all of the budds and leaf off of them and hand you 12 empty stalks and say have a good day!  Sorry about being so blunt, but it seems you think c.g has your plants that you didnt grow or pay for!

I am a pt with a c.g, and I am a c.g with a pt, and im pos there is more to the story you are telling us,,,,,now I will read the rest of your thread and eat crowe if I find out I am wrong!

Best of luck!

edit= no crowe eating here!

Edited by phaquetoo

As a caregiver, i gotta tell ya, we put up with a lot of crap, from fears of leo, to rippers, high electric bills, that we still have to pay even if the patient says, oh im sorry i can't afford anything this month,, try telling that to the electric company , they say ok, we shut er down next week.. they dont understand at all.. Of course then were stuck at home, cause well, you can't wander off a leave a grow for more than a day or three, and if your on hydro, a day can ruin your entire grow, leaks, flow issues, ph creeps, up and down.. floods. etc etc.. and if anyone knows you grow and your away, you come home to a door smashed in, you stuff gone.. and if you call the pigs, well dam they arrest you instead,, low fruit.. caregivers really do care, and the money isn't worth it alone, you must care about your patients, there is a lot of things one can do to make side money,, growing isn't the easiest, as you will find when you get up and going, dont forget mights,  thrips, bugs of all sorts, the hard to grow strains,, so you sweat that you could be short for your patients, that immediately claim you must be selling all there medicine... If i have patients that complain i hand them the walking papers,, there is so much BS to deal with, I wont put up with that at all, but i do supply like a clock strikes time, to the door with a smile, and most of my patients are free, cause they got no money.. but the still get there meds, i grew it for them,, i give it to them.. and do it with a smile, 

As far as the your plants thing,, i give patients clones if they want to grow there own, hell one time i gave a whole dam hydro system, and nutrients  to a patient, and continued to check to make sure he was winning,, and he was.... teach a guy to fish.. etc..

But dont think for a moment that CG is a walk in the park, with money rolling in, and we have all the free time in the world to spend all that money :)

And i think that if he is not going to grow for you , he dont need your money to pay for that new car.. I mean why throw a paying patient out of the bus? 

Edited by Willy

So, is there anyway to let the community know who this guy is so others will be aware?  I'm guessing we're legally bound not to make names available, even if they are jerks.....

Unless you gave him the genetics to begin with you have no legal right to get anything but finished medicine also you signed away your plant possession rights when you signed on with him wash your hands of this entire mess grow your own or find a caregiver that you feel will stick to your agreement .

quote "and at least gives me back a portion of my property

So, is there anyway to let the community know who this guy is so others will be aware?  I'm guessing we're legally bound not to make names available, even if they are jerks.....""

again what property is that?

and for a lifetime friend your pretty much ready to disclose/dis this person in an open forum..If that's you as  friend, even a pissed off one.. who needs friends like that.. walk away and don't look back.. pretty freakin easy... clones are a dime a dozen... I have come to blows with "lifelong friends"  and a week later in the bar getting drunk again.. so he don't want to grow for ya no more.. so what... , is  that service  worth killing that "LIFELONG"  friendship,, dont sound like it was a very long lifetime.

"lifelong friend" my azz!

choose friends more wisely.

as a lifelong friend you'd owe it to him to not expose him to anyone in the world wide web, which is absurd.

would you want him to expose you here if you suddenly and embarrassingly could no longer afford to keep your end of your deal?

harboring this feeling of yours will prevent you from moving forward. put out good vibes, they'll return.

When I first got involved with this website, in 2009, I was hesitant to meet anyone. I ordered a huge batch of seeds from Attitude and intended to grow for myself and a handful of close friends and family members for years to come. After a few months, I got more comfortable and met with a few of the members - caregivers and patients - and built a network of friends.

At first, I never intended to sign-up patients who were previously strangers. But as things unfolded, in the early days of the program, I started looking to sign-up patients in my two open slots because I realized that there was a shortage of competent caregivers. In this effort, I communicated with quite a few caregivers and patients. If I counted on fingers and toes the number of caregivers I talked to who wanted overages to distribute, I'd probably have to take off my shoes and maybe drop my boxers to get to 21 and then lose count from there. If I had four hands and four feet, I still couldn't count how many patients who approached me asking for 1/4 pound + per month on top of a free oz per month. I've even had patients contact me who were up-front that I should give them meds for free so I could sell overages to someone else.

A good friend of mine (former poster: "affordableMichiganMeds") posted a very good idea on this website about four years ago, regarding a patient wanting free meds so the CG can sell the overages. His reply was, "Since you're such a compassionate guy, how about you sell my overages to other patients and then give me the profit?"

The point is, don't assume that caregivers are greedy. Some are; some aren't. In my own experience, there are at least as many greedy patients looking for free meds and overages to sell at a profit as there are caregivers also trying to game the system.

Make it legal, and all these issues dissolve.

quote "and at least gives me back a portion of my property

So, is there anyway to let the community know who this guy is so others will be aware?  I'm guessing we're legally bound not to make names available, even if they are jerks.....""

again what property is that?

and for a lifetime friend your pretty much ready to disclose/dis this person in an open forum..If that's you as  friend, even a pissed off one.. who needs friends like that.. walk away and don't look back.. pretty freakin easy... clones are a dime a dozen... I have come to blows with "lifelong friends"  and a week later in the bar getting drunk again.. so he don't want to grow for ya no more.. so what... , is  that service  worth killing that "LIFELONG"  friendship,, dont sound like it was a very long lifetime.

First, my apologizes to Crackerboy. I inadvertently added my comment so it looks like it's your quote. Sorry, not intended.

Willy, likewise, your latter comment was based on what I wrote, not CB's.

(Not sure how my reply ended up inside CBs quote....)

"lifelong friend" my azz!

choose friends more wisely.

as a lifelong friend you'd owe it to him to not expose him to anyone in the world wide web, which is absurd.

would you want him to expose you here if you suddenly and embarrassingly could no longer afford to keep your end of your deal?

harboring this feeling of yours will prevent you from moving forward. put out good vibes, they'll return.

Note that it is illegal to disclose information on an MMJ application. We can't operate under a framework like Angie's List. "Outing" a caregiver is probably a violation of the MMMA law.