Greedy Caregiver

Crackerboy81

First, my apologizes to Crackerboy. I inadvertently added my comment so it looks like it's your quote. Sorry, not intended.

Willy, likewise, your latter comment was based on what I wrote, not CB's.

(Not sure how my reply ended up inside CBs quote....)

First, my apologizes to Crackerboy. I inadvertently added my comment so it looks like it's your quote. Sorry, not intended.

Willy, likewise, your latter comment was based on what I wrote, not CB's.

(Not sure how my reply ended up inside CBs quote....)

Its because he quoted your post.. no big deal, most here know how we post our stuff..dont really even need names,, its the style man its all in the style...lol

Edited by Willy

To reply to the other side of the story the only thing that I can see that's changed is he just bought a new car , so my thoughts are as he's trying to compensate is extra bills by making me pay extra and breaking our agreement

Standing by for...Whats the agreement?

Edited by beourbud

As a caregiver, i gotta tell ya, we put up with a lot of crap, from fears of leo, to rippers, high electric bills, that we still have to pay even if the patient says, oh im sorry i can't afford anything this month,, try telling that to the electric company , they say ok, we shut er down next week.. they dont understand at all.. Of course then were stuck at home, cause well, you can't wander off a leave a grow for more than a day or three, and if your on hydro, a day can ruin your entire grow, leaks, flow issues, ph creeps, up and down.. floods. etc etc.. and if anyone knows you grow and your away, you come home to a door smashed in, you stuff gone.. and if you call the pigs, well dam they arrest you instead,, low fruit.. caregivers really do care, and the money isn't worth it alone, you must care about your patients, there is a lot of things one can do to make side money,, growing isn't the easiest, as you will find when you get up and going, dont forget mights,  thrips, bugs of all sorts, the hard to grow strains,, so you sweat that you could be short for your patients, that immediately claim you must be selling all there medicine... If i have patients that complain i hand them the walking papers,, there is so much BS to deal with, I wont put up with that at all, but i do supply like a clock strikes time, to the door with a smile, and most of my patients are free, cause they got no money.. but the still get there meds, i grew it for them,, i give it to them.. and do it with a smile, 

As far as the your plants thing,, i give patients clones if they want to grow there own, hell one time i gave a whole dam hydro system, and nutrients  to a patient, and continued to check to make sure he was winning,, and he was.... teach a guy to fish.. etc..

But dont think for a moment that CG is a walk in the park, with money rolling in, and we have all the free time in the world to spend all that money :)

And i think that if he is not going to grow for you , he dont need your money to pay for that new car.. I mean why throw a paying patient out of the bus? 

An excellent explanation of some of what we go thru as caregiver's.

After reading all of your responses and researching for days if you look hard enough you'll find what I did and that is , that when a caregiver or patient wants to change their terms there is what is called a change of plants policy that is meant to protect the patient involved so he don't get ripped off like this and have to start from scratch with no warning.

As for putting anyone's name out there on the web , obviously I haven't! And to the silly billy that replied to the piece about the car that's exactly what it is ! It goes like this , a week and a half ago I picked up my said meds and the caregiver pointed out that his older vehicle took a bunny muffin so he was made to go buy a newer ride , upping the insurance and creating a car payment which he didn't have before a day later he text me with the sudden change in agreement! Hmmmm sounds like compensation for something don't ya think ?

Anyways it's like one of you said the caregiver should at least give me clones , which would still leave me without meds for months but it wouldn't have been as harsh as the way he handled it .

With all this said here's the icing on the cake , I'm also disabled and unable to preform any kind of real work and have a limited income much tighter than probably everyone on here .

After reading all of your responses and researching for days if you look hard enough you'll find what I did and that is , that when a caregiver or patient wants to change their terms there is what is called a change of plants policy that is meant to protect the patient involved so he don't get ripped off like this and have to start from scratch with no warning.

As for putting anyone's name out there on the web , obviously I haven't! And to the silly billy that replied to the piece about the car that's exactly what it is ! It goes like this , a week and a half ago I picked up my said meds and the caregiver pointed out that his older vehicle took a bunny muffin so he was made to go buy a newer ride , upping the insurance and creating a car payment which he didn't have before a day later he text me with the sudden change in agreement! Hmmmm sounds like compensation for something don't ya think ?

Anyways it's like one of you said the caregiver should at least give me clones , which would still leave me without meds for months but it wouldn't have been as harsh as the way he handled it .

With all this said here's the icing on the cake , I'm also disabled and unable to preform any kind of real work and have a limited income much tighter than probably everyone on here .

Well you know what, it is what it is, he dumped ya.. so you are faced with two things, continuing getting your meds, and second getting a situation that takes care of your long time meds.. so either you grow or find another CG.. being pissed off, complaining here,, isn't going to solve this problem for you.. so move on, fix your problem.. so were all sorry for your shet, but what we gonna do, how bout you get 3 big guys with ball bats that'll fix him.. but hey he still wont grow for you..so whats the point.. growing isn't cheap but what do you need 3 plants.. so one bag of dirt, some cheap nutrients and used and  old 5 gallon pots... i see them on the side of the road lots of times.. there ya are,, im sure yo can get 3 clones,, a light can cost ya 100.00 for a 400watt light.. you can likely find a used light for half that...

I think your wrong with your "im on disability and get less than you "   I am also on dis.. and get little to survive on, rent  and electric, check is gone.. maybe you should be a cg and make the big bucks, of course that will cost ya even more to get started.. but hey walk a mile in a cg's shoes eh.. ,, 

You are right, it would have been nice for him to at least offer you some clones to get yourself started.

This does work two ways though. Look at it on the CG side of being victimized. I am not saying that is what was going on in your case. I believe under the circumstances, he was in the wrong.

I had a patient that was out of control. They always wanted more, and were not able to compensate for the additional product. I just wanted to sever the relationship. It was too much stress for me. I didn't want any grudges. There was at first, but we have each buried the hatchet. He owed me quite a bit of money for multiple fronts. I let that go. I gave him a couple of ounces under one condition. That he cut his card in my presence and also signed the change form at that time to remove me as his CG, I mailed the paperwork in, for my own protection. He was not happy about it, but of course he wanted the free 2 Os. It was worth it for me so there would not be major grudges. Somebody had to take the loss. He did complain to those who we mutually knew, but they knew the truth, he was way too demanding and the fronts got out of hand. I am glad I took the loss. It has been a few years and we are still friends. It took a couple of years before we started hanging out again, but that was to be expected. If he would have asked for clones to grow his own, I would have happily obliged.

This is why I recommend to put your tail between your legs, and let it go. It worked out for me and my former patient in the long run. 

I understand what your CG did was not exactly ethical, especially being able to put 2 and 2 together with the automobile issue. Also, having a period of time without meds. It is very difficult for patients to have to endure that.

Hey. look on the bright side. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. If you do choose to grow your own and supply yourself, he did you a favor in the long run. There are plenty in this community who would be more than happy to help you with the basics of growing. Heck, you may even find that what you grow may be better than what he was supplying you. :)

Yes, we have our disagreements (pi$$ing contests and all that) here on the forums, but all in all, most here are willing to help a beginner grower with great advice and support. That is about the one thing we can all agree on, helping people help themselves. I must add, there is a lot of great advice on these forums when it comes to playing it safe and legal and preventing any unnecessary LEO encounters. 

You need any help with growing, just browse the forums or ask. A lot of good growers here!

Just a 600Watt HPS light with some fluorescent lights for veg growing should be able to supply you with more than you can consume. Even for a beginner. Yes, it will take a year or two to get it all down pat. When you do, it will be worth it. I am confident of that. I wish you the best of luck.

As a caregiver, i gotta tell ya, we put up with a lot of crap, from fears of leo, to rippers, high electric bills, that we still have to pay even if the patient says, oh im sorry i can't afford anything this month,, try telling that to the electric company , they say ok, we shut er down next week.. they dont understand at all.. Of course then were stuck at home, cause well, you can't wander off a leave a grow for more than a day or three, and if your on hydro, a day can ruin your entire grow, leaks, flow issues, ph creeps, up and down.. floods. etc etc.. and if anyone knows you grow and your away, you come home to a door smashed in, you stuff gone.. and if you call the pigs, well dam they arrest you instead,, low fruit.. caregivers really do care, and the money isn't worth it alone, you must care about your patients, there is a lot of things one can do to make side money,, growing isn't the easiest, as you will find when you get up and going, dont forget mights,  thrips, bugs of all sorts, the hard to grow strains,, so you sweat that you could be short for your patients, that immediately claim you must be selling all there medicine... If i have patients that complain i hand them the walking papers,, there is so much BS to deal with, I wont put up with that at all, but i do supply like a clock strikes time, to the door with a smile, and most of my patients are free, cause they got no money.. but the still get there meds, i grew it for them,, i give it to them.. and do it with a smile, 

As far as the your plants thing,, i give patients clones if they want to grow there own, hell one time i gave a whole dam hydro system, and nutrients  to a patient, and continued to check to make sure he was winning,, and he was.... teach a guy to fish.. etc..

But dont think for a moment that CG is a walk in the park, with money rolling in, and we have all the free time in the world to spend all that money :)

And i think that if he is not going to grow for you , he dont need your money to pay for that new car.. I mean why throw a paying patient out of the bus? 

THIS!!! You hit it all on the nailhead Willy.

I have a great c.g, only one time in almost 5 yrs he couldnt supply me. ever since he gives me a full plant or a couple half plants always over 2 to 3 zips, that does me and my pt perfect, if I dont call him he calls me and either asks to stop by or says I can stop by if I want!

I salute all c.gs that have spoken up in here, You have all been around long enough that I believe you are all good, I paid 200 a zip for a long time to my c.g when he fell on hard times, he didnt want me to pay because that was not our deal, now that he is out of the black he calls and asks me to help trim, or I may go cut his lawn while he is doing other things. I never leave w/o something more than worth my while!

There are many good c.g's out there, I know you can find one if you try, well maybe not if your best friend cant please you I doubt a stranger can!

Best of luck!

Peace

I need pts willing to cut my lawn lol where do you get those?

He lives next door to his ailing father and has a lot of lawn to cut, but he has 2 riders for me to choose from, I dont mind helping him so he can tend to his garden!

we were complete strangers when I signed him to be my c.g, we are pretty good friends now, we have our differences but who does'nt when you know each other for 5 yrs and go thru hard times together?

Peace

I need pts willing to cut my lawn lol where do you get those?

Mention it in your advertisements here, caregiver posts, your profile, and any websites you offer your services. You'd be surprised at what people are willing to trade

to avoid using cash  for their meds. Butchers will trade beef, electricians will add power, builders will customize grow rooms, hvac guys will duct...those r some of the trades I've been privy to and bet someone will cut the heck out of your lawn weekly for your good meds.  

I have pretty good patients really. One is actually moving into a house I own, and starting to cg. I have actually traded labor for mess on this site during a down time. Wish it was easier to trust ppl as I now have more meds than time, but letting ppl outside your circle around is scary.

Your success is better than most. I really have no need or desire for more patients, we usually end up with friends of a friend, that felt they were getting a bad deal. If asked we will usually accept, but we aren't looking.

What do you mean by "we?" When I see "we" I see an immediate red flag, because the Michigan Supreme Court has already said that CG to CG transfers are illegal. "We" implies a network of people maybe trading meds or plants and/engaging in some cooperative effort that falls outside of section 4 protections. You might find a husband and wife who are both caregivers serving patients, but if they operate on the "we" philosophy, they are doomed to fail if legal issues are encountered.

There is no such thing as "we" when it comes to Medical MJ compliance in Michigan.

I understand that a patient can legally acquire meds from any source. But I also understand that if the source is a CG involved with a network of CGs sharing meds and transferring back and forth such a network might eventually end up with a caregiver facing LEO and then showing CG cards with the patients' names. And we have seen a few court rulings now where patients might be implicated in a grand scheme.

• 1 month later...

Being a caregiver is very difficult at times. I just wish patients would understand that!!

I always deliver to all of my patients, which has been all over the state of MI. I need a new car too as mine has over 260,000 miles on it. Most of the miles are because of being a caregiver! Dang now caregivers can't even buy new cars when we need to!

The struggle is real!

My caregiver has doubled his price for my medicine and also stated he was done growing for me , however he is refusing to return my plants so I can grow them myself as I don't want to deal with the headach of a caregiver again . How do I retrieve my plants from my previous caregiver as he stated he was still growing them , which is illegal I believe?

You can pay him for them. His time and resources are his to recover. Until you retract his status as your caregiver by filing a change form with the state or let his caregiver assignment to lapse, he is authorized to possess them.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by "we?" When I see "we" I see an immediate red flag, because the Michigan Supreme Court has already said that CG to CG transfers are illegal. "We" implies a network of people maybe trading meds or plants and/engaging in some cooperative effort that falls outside of section 4 protections. You might find a husband and wife who are both caregivers serving patients, but if they operate on the "we" philosophy, they are doomed to fail if legal issues are encountered.

There is no such thing as "we" when it comes to Medical MJ compliance in Michigan.

I understand that a patient can legally acquire meds from any source. But I also understand that if the source is a CG involved with a network of CGs sharing meds and transferring back and forth such a network might eventually end up with a caregiver facing LEO and then showing CG cards with the patients' names. And we have seen a few court rulings now where patients might be implicated in a grand scheme.

So, if my CG isn't following the law, I could get a visit from LEO? We live close by but in different cities. That's pretty scary stuff. Especially with the aggressive way LEO enforces their illegal seizures. I was reading an article where they can seize all your property, bank accounts and car(s) without having to even press charges.