U Of M And Mmj

I have an appointment at U of M Gastroenterology this Thursday. No one has been able to diagnose me yet so my doc is sending me there. Are they anti-mmj? I never talk to doctors about being a patient (though I sure wish I could) and I figured I'd do the same here, but it would be good to know one way or the other. 

I used to go to U of M for my Crohns, but felt like I was just a number there. Communication was terrible, and they just shrugged at when I asked about MMJ as a medication.

Since switching doctors, literally 1 person other than my s/o knows. The less people you tell, the easier your life will be. Good luck and feel better.

• 2 months later...

Back when I had insurance I had some surgery done there.  The surgery itself was successful, though recuperation was slow and eventually does require more work, though due to other complications, have been forgone for now.

Partly to blame for my problems was that because I had asked my PCP for a cannabis recommendation (back in 2008) that he couldn't provide because his drs. association  was not ok with it.  However thanks to Dr Eisenbud I did get my recommendation and received my card in 2009. My surgery was later that yr in  Aug of 2009 and prominently listed at the top of my Medication chart at the UM-MC was Cannabis.  At the time I was surprised that I was being allowed to undergo the procedure at their facilities in AA as the consensus at the time was they were not Mj freindly. 

This is where the problems began: The problem was with the UMs' lack of truthfulness or just lack of knowledge about cannabis.  When I was discharged I was given 30 Norcos for pain. I had taken 3 or 4 of them maybe when I called them to see if I could exchange the  remainder for Marinol. Which I was wanting to try anyway but I did have an urgent need as I was coughing from the cannabis.  After numerous attempts to obtain the Marinol including the offer to return the Norcos, I was given the run around every time.  They made up all kinds of bs including telling me I was now cancer free and they couldn't prescribe them therefore. When I told them that the reason I was using cannabis was because of my Hep-C they said they couldn't substitute one narcotic for another. When I tried to tell them cannabis is not a narcotic I hit a stone wall of ignorance. I gave up on that mission and have yet to ever have tried their bs drug called Marinol. They can keep it up in that place where the sun dont shine for as long as the sun does shine but I hope for the sake of there patients that they at least remove their head from that shady place and try practicing medicine and leave the politics alone.

Not sure how far they have progressed from that position as I am now going to the VA-MC down the road. 

Back when I had insurance I had some surgery done there.  The surgery itself was successful, though recuperation was slow and eventually does require more work, though due to other complications, have been forgone for now.

Partly to blame for my problems was that because I had asked my PCP for a cannabis recommendation (back in 2008) that he couldn't provide because his drs. association  was not ok with it.  However thanks to Dr Eisenbud I did get my recommendation and received my card in 2009. My surgery was later that yr in  Aug of 2009 and prominently listed at the top of my Medication chart at the UM-MC was Cannabis.  At the time I was surprised that I was being allowed to undergo the procedure at their facilities in AA as the consensus at the time was they were not Mj freindly. 

This is where the problems began: The problem was with the UMs' lack of truthfulness or just lack of knowledge about cannabis.  When I was discharged I was given 30 Norcos for pain. I had taken 3 or 4 of them maybe when I called them to see if I could exchange the  remainder for Marinol. Which I was wanting to try anyway but I did have an urgent need as I was coughing from the cannabis.  After numerous attempts to obtain the Marinol including the offer to return the Norcos, I was given the run around every time.  They made up all kinds of bs including telling me I was now cancer free and they couldn't prescribe them therefore. When I told them that the reason I was using cannabis was because of my Hep-C they said they couldn't substitute one narcotic for another. When I tried to tell them cannabis is not a narcotic I hit a stone wall of ignorance. I gave up on that mission and have yet to ever have tried their bs drug called Marinol. They can keep it up in that place where the sun dont shine for as long as the sun does shine but I hope for the sake of there patients that they at least remove their head from that shady place and try practicing medicine and leave the politics alone.

Not sure how far they have progressed from that position as I am now going to the VA-MC down the road. 

:goodjob:

I had 2 different friends that took Marinol and they said it was horrible.  No way to control the 'high', and both always got too high

to the point of the side effects from it was worse than the conditions they were trying to relieve.

My Dr at the U has been doing my Recomendation since year one. Never have had a problem with it there.

Same with my doctors from U of M. I basically did tell my doctor if she didn't sign my application I was just going to a cert center. Since she had me on pain pills (which I wanted to stop taking) she had no problem having me try it. She was very careful though, telling me she wasn't allowed to tell me where to get it. And I've since seen other doctors at the U and it doesn't seem to be on my charts. Huh!

Just went through that department 7 mi and haggerty rd. No problems with me being a patient. Couldn't find out what my problem was ruled out a few things. I use to drink a gallon of wall mart grape drink sweetened with aspartame. Gave I t up 3 weeks ago went to filtered water. No more heart burn or vegas nerve problems. Cant believe it was that simple all these years

• 2 weeks later...