Please Help! Facing Prison Time For Medical Marijuana

Kisaacs

Hi I am desperately trying to find help for my boyfriend who is facing 14 years in prison for using concentrated medical marijuana. We are trying to find him a lawyer and we do not have money for one, so we have created a go fund me account to help raise money for a lawyer. I do not expect to recieve many donations because I know this is a very controversial topic and there are still many people who feel marijuana is harmful or using it for medical purposes is just a bogus excuse to get high. But more important than donations is raising awareness to how corrupt medical marijuana laws are and for anyone else who might be going through a similar situation. Nobody should have to risk losing their freedom for using marijuana, for recreational or medical purposes. I Know some people are not very fond of go fund me links, and I have never had to need help like this before so I hope that before anyone judges for posting the go fund me they understand I do not have any other options at this point to be able to help him so he does not go to prison,and I also do not want my son to grow up with his father in prison. Thank you so much for reading. I am not sure how this works, I am a first time user of the site so any advice would be very helpful. Thanks again!

gofundme.com/st26h5yx

Edited by Kisaacs

Thank you all so much for your replies and also for recommending someone that can help. I would love to give more information, I am not sure if there is a way to make it priavte or if it stays public. I was nervous to get on here and start the go fund me because I do not want to bring any heat to him or make things worse. I am not sure what all I can say and what should be left off here. I would hate to hurt his case any, but my only option on helping him is to try and gain support in hopes we can get the money to afford his lawyer. Thank you again.

No offence but how are we supposed to know it's not just a 'fund me' with no reason other than to get money? If you would give us something like a press release about it. Some sort of reference that is already public would not hurt your case. They usually put something on Mlive about arrests. Nothing yet? Do a search on google with the name and marijuana. Might turn something up you can show us.

Thank you all so much for your replies and also for recommending someone that can help. I would love to give more information, I am not sure if there is a way to make it priavte or if it stays public. I was nervous to get on here and start the go fund me because I do not want to bring any heat to him or make things worse. I am not sure what all I can say and what should be left off here. I would hate to hurt his case any, but my only option on helping him is to try and gain support in hopes we can get the money to afford his lawyer. Thank you again.

By all means keep this confidential with your attorneys. We are glad to have this website as a resource.

You can ask your attorney re: adivisability of a gofundme page. You will have to determine which of the facts in your case can be made public, if any at all. Some of us agree that getting the word out is fine as long as you do not incriminate yourself. The courts are not bashful about using any and all resources.

Thank you again for the replies and support. I understand completely where you are coming from, and that is something I was worried about is having the go fund me and not being able to share very much information besides the basics, and people would think it was not legit. There is no news article yet that I am aware of stating what has happen, he was arrested on the 17th of this month so it has only been a couple days. I am not sure what I can do to prove to you he is real and we are really going through these circumstances, but I will see if I can find anything online about it. I could also take a picture of and post his papers with his charges, I am not sure if that would be a bad idea though? Again thank you all for replying to me I have never had to go through anything like this before and I honestly am not sure what to do, but I feel like I cannot sit here and let the time go by and not try to help him and fight for him as much as I can. I feel in my heart there is something I can and should be doing, I am just not sure what that is just yet.

If he had been caught before with mj than they are charging him for a 2nd or 3rd offense which is a fellony, even if it is only a joint a 2nd offense possesion is a fellony, and they are charging him for manufacturing because of the oil, oil dont grow on a plant, you have to use the plant to manufactor the oil, and I dont know why they would say cocaine unless they found some and you dont know about it,

you say he got caught recently with oil 2 times. so now they are looking at 3rd offense possesion and prob 2nd offense manufactoring!

I would contact a lawyer and not tell any more of the story on here, you may want to clean up your long post, it only makes him look bad to all!

did he ever get caught with it in pill form or edible form (oil) and if he had more than 1 pill or 1 vile or cookies, brownies,etc that is why they say delivering!

Im real sorry to say this but when he got caught the 1st time with oil and they let it go, why on earth would he travel with it again?

You say he went to jail 10 yrs ago for mj, did he go to prison or county jail?

you say he needed a bail bonds man to bail him out, must have been a high bail (no pun intended) It sounds like the best you can do is sell the farm and get him a good attny like said in this thread earlier!

I wish you and your son the best!

Peace

Thank you GregS

Boyoboyoboy it's out  there now. If he was compliant with the MMA in all respects and subsequently registered, so long as he had less than two and a half oz of oil/bud/keif, it is a "preparation thereof," which is absolutely allowed. The prosecutor should drop it, but that is not assured. 

GregS , yes he had less than that. I was wondering if it was in any way possible for you to take down the post that has my big long reply on it? or somehow take that off there? Someone suggested taking it down would be a good idea, and I was able to take mine down but cannot take down the one that is attached to yours.

GregS , yes he had less than that. I was wondering if it was in any way possible for you to take down the post that has my big long reply on it? or somehow take that off there? Someone suggested taking it down would be a good idea, and I was able to take mine down but cannot take down the one that is attached to yours.

I reported it. Should be gone soon.

Thank you. I guess I am not sure what to do here. Do I sit back silently and let whatever happens happen,or try to help, and by doing so possibly do more harm than good. The go fund me bothers me to an extent because I do not like asking people for money and I also know that people do not have money to spare. But I am not sure what else to do to be able to afford his attorney. But I am worried it could do more harm than good and this whole thing is frustrating to me and I just want to help. The go fund me has been at a stand still since lastnight at 118 shares. The shares are almost more important than donations. Part of me feels like I should shut down the go fund me and refund the donations we have recieved, so we are not drawing as much attention. If anyone would like to offer any advice on what you think my best course of action would be I would be happy to hear it.

Thank you! I know he talked to a lawyer earlier today that is supposed to be pretty good, and we are just having a hard time coming up with the money. I will ask him to contact the people that you specified and let you know how that goes. Thanks again for all the help, I am glad I reached out to you all.