High Times Medical Cannabis Cup In Clio (N Of Flint) , Mi Aug 22-23

knucklehead bob

when a MMMA booth photo shows up in HT I bet many readers will assume the MMMA supports the event. slippery slope.

while i was setting up the booth, not even 10 minutes after i arrived on the set up day (this was a day for booth vendors to set up, no public allowed), i answered a medical marijuana patients' question about his expired card.

he was grateful for the answer to his question.

thats the reason why i volunteered, to help patients and caregivers with questions. thats why i'm here at the site, to learn for myself and try to help others who have questions.

while high times is a recreational magazine, they still have ads for seeds. arent medical patients allowed to acquire seeds? i mean, if we cant get seeds from high times, where the hell are we supposed to get seeds from? will they come flying out of bill schuettes' donkey???

there are a lot of patients who show up for this event.

go ahead, name one single other medical marijuana event thats open to the public going on in the state. i'm waiting. oh what? there is none? a big fat cricket chirping away. theres not even many compassion clubs left. and mycompassion org doesnt have any events except one in chicago!

with that said, i also agree with zap. its unfortunate because medical marijuana rarely "belongs" in any other event. you wont see mmj at a gardening show, you wont see mmj at a health conference. the gardeners dont want to touch it because they are scared of the feds and the health corps are prohibitionists.

as to the other question about advanced notice, well, its an event where you pay ~$40/day to get in. it seems weird for us to advertise an event that costs to get in. also its an 18+ event, which seems strange for a medical state that has 150 under-18 patients.

but uh, thats not stopping any of you from posting about it. where you guys been? arguing about civil war? :P its the 3rd year of the michigan cup. what, did you forget?? ;p

I'd never want to stop anyone from having fun Bob and I doubt anyone else on this site wants it either. The things you mention are happening, yes. The excuse of all our opposition to medical marijuana is either 1) its not medicine, or 2) most patients are really recreational users hiding behind the card. I don't think either of those is true, but it is these events and behaviors that opposition points to if asked for evidence of their perspective.

if the law allowed it i think it would be pretty cool to have something similar but more directed to helping patiens linking up with caregivers. the legal way obviously just like meeting ground for patients in need of a caregiver and caregiver in need of patients

Why is there no mention of the High Times Medical Cannabis cup this weekend in Clio ? 

Just curious , being a medical cannabis site . . .   :unsure:  :))

now I kno why so many out-of-staters are saying next weekend the cannabis cup in is Detroit.  they don't realize it's 90 miles from Detroit. 

the two bobs worked very hard, thanks also to the other people who showed up (i'm widtholding names to protect the innocent, feel free to chime in if you want to be known as a pot smoker! gasp!)

i think it went pretty great. we answered a LOT of questions on the mmma and such.

got to see a few people from the forums too. that was fun.

8,000 plants is one thing, two joints is quite another. Let's not forget those who came before us and those who supported them.

December 10, 1971

John Lennon performed a concert in Ann Arbor, Michigan, for Michigan's own John Sinclair who was sentenced to 10 years in prison for selling two joints. " They gave him 10 for 2."

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AlHq1uaPHGfwiY0RZFyfj4jO2FxH?toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-hrtab-901&fp=1&p=toutube+john+sinclair

Edited by Highlander

Again, we are not promoting the event, just being there as an educational presence to answer questions for people and make ourselves available. Anyone that would like to serve in this capacity in the future let me know.

Anyone that would like to serve in this capacity in the future let me know.

All the speakers where great and that part was about medical cannabis and was the best part of the cup  by far  i didn't make it in side the medication  area i didn't want to 

What did i learn over the weekend at the cup  ?   I can say today i learned more these two days then i've learned the passed  7 years if we all want medical marihuana to stay we all have a lot of  hard work still to do 

Thank you MMMA

Edited by bobandtorey