High Times Medical Cannabis Cup In Clio (N Of Flint) , Mi Aug 22-23

knucklehead bob

• 2 weeks later...

WTF, you had to BUY water? Pay for an over-priced, environmentally damaging product (SHIPPING, PLASTIC, etc.)

I would never go to ANY event that wouldn't let me bring my own water unless there were free drinking fountains. Period.

i agree thats crazy and shows the greed behind it all...next year people wont be able to bring their own meds you have to buy and smoke what they have for "donation"

I was talking to a rent-a cop at the cup he told me some people where even trying to bring in over 2 Lb's and they had to stop them because all you could get away with was 2.5 OZ at the gate 

So now i understand why they where checking all bags and patting everyone down i was upset at them taking my water but later on in the day i wasn't stop any more i told someone that was inn-charged or a worker about the water and saw her talking to the Gate guard after that it was good

I do agree about the greed behind it all i have always liked High Times  Mag  and i don't think they had anything to do with it all it was the people they hired Imo

High times used its name       just inn CO. that Cup had 40,000  people attend it's all  Big business some may not like that and some may like it an lot 

Am mixed about it 

High Times is a business- they make no qualms about that. Because they are a business that looks to generate revenue, does not mean that they are particularly greedy. They offer things at certain costs that they believe the market will respond to. If people didn't favorably respond to what they are doing- they would have to change approach or quit. However, people do pay the Cup entry fees, the vendor fees and for tickets for admission. No one is obligated to participate, and until High Times finds it difficult to continue working as it does- there is no reason for it to change.

In addition- they offer an excellent forum for education and updates on important issues related to cannabis -at these events-from the benefits and qualities and various uses of the plant to the politics and laws surrounding it. They

also allow many groups to have free space - including the MMMA this year. El Presidente- Michael Komorn was prominent on two very important panels concerning civil asset forfeiture and on the issue of autism along with Jim Powers, Joe Stone and Dr Bogner.

This is not an issue for idealists to wait around and hope that others succumb to their point of view. This is reality in 2015.

The cannabis movement is much better with High Times involved than without it.

High Times is a business- they make no qualms about that. Because they are a business that looks to generate revenue, does not mean that they are particularly greedy. They offer things at certain costs that they believe the market will respond to. If people didn't favorably respond to what they are doing- they would have to change approach or quit. However, people do pay the Cup entry fees, the vendor fees and for tickets for admission. No one is obligated to participate, and until High Times finds it difficult to continue working as it does- there is no reason for it to change.

In addition- they offer an excellent forum for education and updates on important issues related to cannabis -at these events-from the benefits and qualities and various uses of the plant to the politics and laws surrounding it. They

also allow many groups to have free space - including the MMMA this year. El Presidente- Michael Komorn was prominent on two very important panels concerning civil asset forfeiture and on the issue of autism along with Jim Powers, Joe Stone and Dr Bogner.

This is not an issue for idealists to wait around and hope that others succumb to their point of view. This is reality in 2015.

The cannabis movement is much better with High Times involved than without it.

Thanks you said it a lot better then i could and i had more fun those days then i did all year  i do agree business is business some times people / Me  just don't understand things

High Times have been doing Cup's for a long time and it is good for people to have fun just because your sick doesn't mean stay home and get well some never get well

why not blame it on the boneheads sneaking vodka in with their water bottles to similar events? That would spin an organizers plans into a fury. Everything form liability to loss of revenue. People acting irresponsibly to children gaining access. Calls can be made prior to events to check things like handicap access and water and waste issues to avoid inconveniences. "some people were bringing in pounds"......even though MI law says max of 15 ounces to be carried, even into a dispensary for an illegal sale. :P