Medical Marijuana Seized By Hunt

(Some interesting language and quotes used in this article. red is my comments. I bolded stuff I found interesting)

http://www.thealpenanews.com/page/content.detail/id/545390/Medical-marijuana-seized--by-HUNT.html?nav=5004

ALPENA - Two separate licensed medical marijuana providers were discovered by investigators with the Huron Undercover Narcotics Team to be operating outside the perimeters set by the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act resulting in the seizing of over 65 marijuana plants. HUNT D/Lt. Stuart Sharp of Alpena Post Michigan State Police said the illegally grown plants were discovered Aug. 13 as a result of flyovers as a part of HUNT's participation Michigan's Help Eradicate Marijuana Planting, a joint effort with the federal government. The most significant operation located in Alpena County was found to have 65 mature plants growing in a non-secured area while the second operator in Presque Isle County had six plants not kept in a confined area(interesting difference in terminology). As a result, all of the plants were seized.

"Plants have to be secured and these plants were accessible by other parties," Sharp said. Along with the 65 plants seized in Alpena County, Sharp said two assault style rifles were also confiscated. These rifles were believed to be used as protection(used in commission of a felony charge being sought obviously. That is how they get ya.). "It is disturbing that you can somewhat happen upon some of these (plots)(in a helicopter during a marijuana eradication flight...pfft.and get into them. It creates a dangerous situation when they are not secured," he said. "We've had times when people have been assaulted for the marijuana and home invasions (have occurred) for the marijuana."

post-31484-0-24921000-1440275951_thumb.jpg

Fact Box

"Plants have to be secured and these plants were accessible by other parties."

Stuart SharpHUNT officer

While Sharp said the illegal grow plots were a significant find, locally, marijuana is not the prime drug as it was in years past(go on...) "Now it's heroine, crack cocaine and opiate pills,"(which they use helicopters to find?) Sharp said. Crimes committed as recently as Thursday, Sharp said, relate to common drug issues including the arrest of a 20-year-old female Alpena resident for possession and attempt to deliver heroine. "Heroine is a big problem, it's a horrific drug,"(and there is the direct transition from marijuana to heroin. are you afraid yet?)..pfft) Sharp said. Sharp, who has served with law enforcement for 22 years and has been back with HUNT for the past month said it has been a change of gears for him as the last time he was on the team there was not the medical marijuana act to follow(take that biotch). The investigation remains ongoing with reports being submitted to respective prosecuting attorneys who will chose whether or not to charge the grow operations. Sharp said the decision will be made by the prosecuting attorneys which will determine if arrests will be made. Nine other medical marijuana plots have been inspected and were found to be within compliance. Sharp said scheduled appointments can be made with detectives at the MSP post to make sure grow operations are within legal perimeters. "(Once inspected) we would try to get them into compliance and it would not be an enforcement if it was a minor violation," Sharp said. "Education is important." (ummm,...Ooookay?  Hahahaha..)

HUNT needs to LEAP

http://www.leap.cc

It might not be a popular thing to suggest, but i would argue most of leo wants reform, esp as it relates to mj.

The first time u ever encounter and interact w active duty leo that has a more enlightened and rational approach to mj, it can alter the way you view their potential as an advocate, supporter and ally. One day at least...

i like the end of that call the MSP to inspect your grow. sounds like a good way to get a snatch and grab done one day when they have a twig in their donkey

No doubt about that. Having them inspect is a terrible idea. They run their mouths all day long about your grow.

I think them saying," Nine other medical marijuana plots have been inspected and were found to be within compliance." Is something they just made up outa thin air. Pick a number, any number, OK I'll say nine instead of none. They want you to show them your grow no doubt and they will say just about anything to get you to do it. Remember, cops don't have to tell the truth in the course of their work. Lying is an investigative tool. 

What that press release was about:

They want you to think that if your outdoor grow wasn't inspected then it IS illegal. That's what they want. They long for those days that every grow was illegal. They are whistling to the tune of,  "Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end ....."

Edited by Restorium2