Did The Autism Insurance Industry Kill The Autism Petition?

t-pain

To answer the question, we must look into the players, into the past.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/aaom-autism-insurance-benefit-workshop-tickets-3350843463

AAoM Autism Insurance Benefit Workshop

Autism Insurance Implementation Conference

May 14 – 15, 2012

PREPARING FOR THE AUTISM INSURANCE BENEFIT

A series of informational meetings hosted by the Autism Alliance of Michigan (AAoM) and Lt. Governor Brian Calley

TOPICS EXPLORED:

· Development of a statewide, collaborative strategy to address ABA access and implementation in years 1-2

· Expansion of existing BCBA training programs and discussion of alternative curricular and training options

· Billing/Reimbursement/Insurance Obstacles

· Licensing/Credentialing/Certification of BCBA’s and ABA technicians and aides

· Diagnosis (ADOS)

· Q/A Specifics of the legislation

So its not really autism insurance even, its autism Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) insurance.

Introduction and Overview

· Intended Outcomes of Meeting

- Educating Providers, Statewide Strategy for Managing Demand, Communication Network of Providers, Consistent Message

Lt. Governor Brian Calley & Dr. Colleen Allen

Dr Colleen Allen? she testified against the petition at the mmmp review panel.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/mar/20/autism-does-aba-therapy-open-societys-doors-to-children-or-impose-conformity

http://autismwomensnetwork.org/my-thoughts-on-aba/

this guy nails it, i think.

https://sociallyanxiousadvocate.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/why-i-left-aba/

When I finally began voicing my doubts to the people I worked with, the most common defense I heard was that ABA is a scientific, evidence-based practice, and that we need to rely on scientific studies more than anecdotal evidence from Autistic people themselves.

But those words really aren’t as impressive as they seem, in many cases of ABA. Yes, the methods used in ABA are “effective,” but only in the sense that a lot of Autistic people who go through ABA come out looking “less Autistic.” That is, an Autistic child is likely to learn to suppress Autistic behaviors by going through ABA that has normalization at its roots. But that doesn’t say anything about how ABA affects an Autistic person’s self-esteem, emotional state, and view of the world. It doesn’t say anything about whether ABA is ethical. If we’re measuring whether ABA helps Autistic people feel safe, accommodated, and accepted in a largely neurotypical world, then it’s very ineffective, according to the overwhelming evidence from the Autistic community.

Here’s an example. If someone beat a child to prevent him from doing something they didn’t like, he would probably stop doing it, and you could then say beating is an “effective” method. They could even take data as part of a scientific study to show you that their child’s behaviors decreased after they started beating him. But obviously, that doesn’t mean anyone should beat a child. That doesn’t mean it’s not abusive when a child is beaten. That doesn’t mean that child will grow up feeling healthy and happy about who he is. Abuse is never okay, and science cannot address the ethics of a method.

WTF!!!!  WTF is the sense of a board if he can just veto it?  Someone deserves a fuking throat punch!!  This is unfukingacceptable.  So much for being nice.  Next time we'll have to call him for the sadistic fuk he is!!!! and start off that way. 

Can we visit these people in person to vent our frustration and call them mean and nasty names?

WTF!!!!  WTF is the sense of a board if he can just veto it?

the mmma law says department has final say.

(1) A majority of the panel members shall be licensed physicians, and the panel shall provide recommendations to the department regarding whether the petitions should be approved or denied.

so the question is, if the panel recommends approval, what does the law say the department has the ability to reject that vote ?

Because MPP wasn't the  bestest at writing a law, and they didn't foresee such opposition in some states departments for adding conditions.

If we had a democratic governor who appointed these heads of departments,  we would have had autism added.  Pretty straight forward and simple concept.  It just is what it is.

the mmma law says department has final say.

(1) A majority of the panel members shall be licensed physicians, and the panel shall provide recommendations to the department regarding whether the petitions should be approved or denied.

so the question is, if the panel recommends approval, what does the law say the department has the ability to reject that vote ?

Two letters A.G

Because MPP wasn't the  besets at writing a law, and they didn't foresee such opposition in some states departments for adding conditions.

If we had a democratic governor who appointed these heads of departments,  we would have had autism added.  Pretty straight forward and simple concept.  It just is what it is.

Thanks 

Sorry i disagree with MPP writing a bad Law  and of course  i know nothing about writing or reading Law's as you are Sir. but  foreseeing such opposition from anything someone would need a jennie and a bottle for her to stay inn 

If i was too put fought into the Law we once had i would put it on Leo and judges , prosecutors  it is Just my own opinion